Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#8 Heritier Lumumba

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Aint that The Truth, couldn't agree more
westernpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Harry along with Cloke,Thomas,Pendles are only 20 years old. With between 30-50 games played.
They are still learning their trade,and need more time.
Harry will be fine.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:33 pm

BUT nothing!!!!!.... Harry is developing just fine thank you very much!
melissa Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Yeah I would have to agree with the ru... but Goodes was only fantastic because he had a backman trying to tag him. The only player I've seen run with Goodes all game and wear him down was Lonie. Harry deserves a shot in the finals in his usual position. He slaughtered Robertson and no one gave him any credit for it. At least, none that I heard. I actually remember someone saying "oh yeah, but Robbo was injured" I can't remember who it was, but I thought, what bullshit! Harry did a good job and they weren't prepared to admit it.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:19 pm

You know people bag Robert Walls on this site but every time he bags a collingwood player up pops a thread agreeing with his bulls***.

Im rapt there are some people here with brains enough to realise the kid has never played in the midfield in his life, let alone a against a dual brownlow medalist in sparkling touch.

This right here, is the post of the season for me so far:

I think Mick playing Harry on Goodes was a masterstroke.
The Truth:
Quote:
IF I know Malty, there's nothing he hates more than ego. I daresay he was feeding Harry to the wolves a bit by playing him on Goodes - it was a statement. It was a message to a young kid with all the potential in the world to realise just how far he has to go before he can start to count his chickens.

Harry will be the better for that game. He now knows what it takes to run with a champion and how much work he needs to do. Harry seems the type of kid to take all that in stride and work on his game in order to do the job better next time.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Goodes is a genuine superstar of the game. I'd show faith in young Harry for another season at least. For a young guy who's still learning he certainly cops his fair share of tough opponents
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:08 pm

That is a very original thought.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:19 pm

Adam Goodes has thrashed many a better player than Harry O'Brien in his 200+ games. Give the poor kid a break!

As for anyone who thinks Adam Goodes is overrated ... sheesh. You wouldn't be saying that if he was in black and white stripes. (Should be in the "I'm sorry, but" thread I know, but while we're on the subject...) What a player. Shocked

Harry O' will be OK. Has a great attitude and would have learnt plenty from the reigning best & fairest in the comp. (They don't hand out Brownlows to just anyone)

nulla 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Goodes is a champion... we cannot deny that.

Harry did what he could for as long as he could and was by no means disgraced when it comes to playing against a champion.

He held his head high throughout the game and will learn and only gain by the experience. His next opponent has gotta be easier lets face it and Harry will be now better equiped.

Goodes could have done more damage if more of his possessions had of been in the forward line

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:20 pm

Cut the kid some slack!!! They played him on Goodes, which was essentially on the ball - he got smashed - he's not the first bloke Goodes has smashed!! And i dare say it was his first time playing on ball...

Second half he was better - by this stage O'Bree & Pendlebury were trying to keep up with Goodes (with little success) and Harry was moved back - he did far better here.

tommo 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Look, no-one is giving Harry a hard time. All we are saying is he has a lot of development, and some of us agree that maybe Cox vs Roo is a better match up then Harry vs Roo.
Don't go around killing people for there opinions guys. We all agree Harry is a talent and has plenty of room for improvement. We know Goodes is a champion player and Brownlow Medallist, no-one is saying Harry was ever going to match it with him.
Just a match up that could be better for this week.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Have only read the headline so not sure what others think but for my 2 cents;

Terrific season but has struggled over the last couple of weeks against opponents that are prepared to take him deep into the fwds. He has a habit of taking his eyes off the footy and then losing his man. It doesnt hurt him around HBF but it does at FB. His other issue is he needs to be better below his knees. He is not one touch as often as he should be.

The pros are that his work rate is v good and he can turn a bad first half into a super 2nd half - Maxy also like this. Obviously athletic and he can run lines and beat tackles.

Deserves his spot - coaching staff I suspect would be just worried when he gets taken deep.

Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 pm
Post subject: Harry OReply with quote

Harry will have great year in 2010 and will be like freight train running thru the back half get in his way hmmmm!!! A copy of Hall and or Lockett get in the way hmmm... GO Harry O!! CAPPER lookout ha! ha! Oh he's playing in a something league but still!!!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 pm
Post subject: Congratulations HReply with quote

Congratulations Heretier Lamumba.

199 games in the black and white and will register his 200th this weekend in new colours.

A great AFL story. I wish him well.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:26 pm

I hear John Wren has been asked to attend the pre match to rev him up!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: