Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

where's my post about LANGER the dickhead!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow its getting hot in here.

Well i don't take too much notice of the pre season competition as i mainly look on it as an opprtunity to develop younger players.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:07 am

yes well the bottom line is langer and the barmey army are now friends, so its all sweet

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:11 pm

Thank christ for that. I'd hate to see an Australian sporting champion be an enemy of an opposing country's supporter group.

BJ
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:11 pm

phew, only just caught up with this thread! entertaining stuff!

i'm totally on joffa's side here.

i don't have time to go on and on about cricket, but i think something BJ said early on is pretty telling:

"You don't see the Barmy Boofheads at Lords do you? That's because they are not allowed to carry on like that at Lords."

do we all realise that WOMEN weren't even allowed into certain sections of Lord's until recently? that's the worst thing about cricket, especially in england. it's always been a game for the upper classes (white, privately-educated, rich men) - probably why it's so bloody unpopular in england as well.

in a way, australian cricket is similar. i couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in the MCC during the Boxing Day Test. it's like a massive private school reunion. trust me, i went to a private school - i went to Boxing day a few years back and gawd there were a LOT of familiar, spoilt-kid faces.

but in the end, those kind of people are relatively harmless. the real scourge of australian cricket crowds are the hordes of similarly white and bourgeois blokes who sit in the bottom decks of the southern stand and see (primarly one-day) cricket as a chance to get pissed, start moronic and uninspired chants, throw shit in the air, act like 'rebels', all the while denying that their parents are probably sitting in the MCC sipping tea from a thermos.

so, back to the original topic. i think the Barmey Army, though probably comprised of pretty well-off blokes (they'd need a fair bit of cash to come out here), represents a revolutionary form of cricket supporting, a means of creative crowd interaction that flies in the face of the stale traditions of the game.

sorry about the semi-diatribe, but i've got a really bad hangover.

BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:27 pm

Well said Foxy. I'm a test cricket fan, and love the traditions of the game, but the way you have put it, is very persuasive and made me see it from a slightly different angle. I still don't enjoy the ongoing chants all day long, but you've raised some valid points, considering you are suffering.LOL

BJ
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:33 pm

Actually that thought crossed my mind just before that the barmey army buggers must have plenty of el dosho to el spendo at el ausso..well good on em..i think next time there in melb we will ask them to be special guest's on the next magpie army CD.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:13 pm

Well done all you posters in this forum!
Because of your inability to pull your respective heads in we have just recieved a resignation from a moderator.
Can any of you guys put up your hand to replace him?
I hope so, as this forum is now down to one only mod (this forum is seperate to the main GD) and I doubt they will like to carry the entire burden by themselves.

-Craig

scud 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:55 pm

Since when has being loud at a sporting event made you more passionate than any other suporter. At the footy and soccer games it's more apropriate but at the test cricket and the tennis it's just a sad attempt to gain attention. I believe JL was right in haveing a go at the barmy army. The were calling Brett Lee a cheat which isn't called for. Also I have no memory of aussie fans yelling out no ball in unison everytime murli bowled.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:26 pm

Can't let that one go through to the keeper, Craig.

By your use of the word 'we' I must assume you have some sort of management position with Nick's. In which case it's disappointing that you use such sarcasm in the first line of your post and that you're so far off the mark with the rest of it.

You say "Because of your inability to pull your respective heads in we have just recieved a resignation from a moderator" This is not only incorrect but a slight on the other posters who responded with interesting and informed comment.

The moderator resigned because of his clearly stated difference of opinion with ONE poster.

The second ever post in this forum was from JLC > "May I become a moderator on this board?" - JLC 2 Dec. Shortly after, I also offered to be a moderator, if one was needed. I can't speak for JLC but he and I are in here every day and I'm certainly still available.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:30 pm

agreed scud, creating a spectacle of yourself doesnt make you any more passionate then someone who doesnt.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:37 pm

yeah agreed magfan8, fradam resigned BEFORE some of us even posted.

if fradam chooses to resign then thats his choice.

and why should any of us 'pull in our respective heads'? this is a bulletin board, used for (believe it or not) EXPRESSING OPINIONS!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:01 pm

Looking back and reading these postings its been a great expression of interest from everyone involved it certainly has been a great discussion,( even my good good ole sparring mate CQ has given me a serve )if fradam cant handle a difference of opinion with myself thats his problem it might be time for him to grow up!!

Do we just come on and give each other a tickle on the backside on boards such as this for the sake of agreeance with all involved, or do we openly discuss our opinions and differences, i have no problems with fradam i think he is a top bloke but if he's going to cry baby about some one who doesnt agree with his line of thinking well maybe he shouldnt be a moderator.

There is an old experssion and it goes like this...opinions are like arseholes we all have one.

if fradam wants to take his bat and ball home ( pardon the pun )
well thats his perogative.

cheers fradam.

BJ Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:47 pm

Joffa,
You are a Collingwood man at heart! We all know that. What would you say if the Essendon or prey-tell the Carlton cheersquad started having a go at Bux and he stood up for himself publicly. Would you call him a dickhead?
You have obviously got it out of your system now, but to publicly backlash a moderator for deleting your post is, in my eyes, childish.
You obviously have no idea what the moderators have to go through when reading posts. They have an obligation to the Nick's BB community to disallow anything they see as defamatory, libellous or gratuitous profanity being posted.
In Fradam's eyes, not that I am speaking for him, he saw that the post was defamatory to the australian cricket fan. Unfortunatley, the whole society we live in is goverened by rules, that are sometimes unclear, but open to interpretation, in this instance Fradam thought he was doing the right thing. It wasn't personal.

BJ

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:39 am

Leave you all alone for one day and this is what happens?????

Differences of opinion I can handle, but slanging each other off is simply not on...as nothing of any substance can possibly be added to this thread, it is now being locked. Please feel free to PM me if you have any problems with this.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:48 am

I reopened this for a minute coz I needed right of reply to tell Joffa for a 5th time why I deleted the post.

Not a difference of opinion. As I said I dont care what you or dont like.

I deleted it because you were abusive towards australian cricket fans. Your made slurs against them.

The resaon I'm resigning isn't coz difference of opinion either. It's coz I don't have time to waste on people whinging about their posts being deleted and having to explain my point 5 times to get it through their heads.

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: