Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

see how important warne and mc grath are???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:25 pm
Post subject: see how important warne and mc grath are???Reply with quote

without warne and mc grath in about another say........ 3 or 4 years australia are going to cumble and die!!!! there has been signs of it from just 1 days play, mc gill isnt good enough and i'd like to see him bowl to Lara, lara would permanetly take him to the cleaners!

footy ROX!
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thats so true!
everyone is now realising how important warney is to the team and how far away the other australian spin bowlers are. mc gill bowls absolute crap and i dont know how he got 5 wickets in the boxing day test. in that game wif mc grath off and with dizzy's sore calf we got smacked for, brett lee and mc gill cannot be the future opening bowlers for australia!

go gilly!
luv jess

* i luv tarkyn to infinity and beyond *
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:55 pm

LoL come on guys I think you are being a little harsh! Of course everyone can see how important Warney and McGrath are but to say MacGill is a crap bowler is a little silly. Australia dropped a lot of catches today which didn't help them when such good guys are out of the side but to say Australia will crumble and die without these men is a little far fetched!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:31 pm

mrs tarrant,

NO i dont think im being a little bit harsh on stuart mcgill, ive watched him very closely over his carrer, and ive noticed that he doesnt put enough pressure ont the batsman, and he always bowls 1 or 2 sometimes even 3 bad balls an over.

most of his wickets are from batters getting themselves out not like warney actually getting the batter out, if u know what i mean!

footy ROX!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:21 pm

I doubt Australia will crumble as they have the best youth program in the world second to none. The academy they have just churns out the players and would be the envy of all nations.

In the spinning department Cameron White is coming through. On ABC today they said in a recent youth tournament i think it was Australia had four spinners that spun them to victory.

In the pace bowling department you have Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken and im sure there will be a few others that will come through the academy.

JLC

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:49 pm

Fair enough courageous cloke we all have our opinions mate! Take me for example I think Michael Slater should be playing for Australia in both the test team and the one day side until the day he dies but no one agrees with me LoL!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:58 am

Personally I would rather have seen australia bring in a young bowling line up into this test leave out Bichel and bring in Bracken maybe even rest Gillespie and bring in a new quick, this would have been the perfect time to do so....I just hope that they don't leave it too late to give these new kids some real test match exposure...

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:25 pm

I agree with JLC. We have a great youth program, Stuart Clark and Ashley Noffke are 2 more pace bowlers with a great future. Nathan Hauritz is another spinner with a good future providing he gives the ball air and doesn't bowl to flat.

Possible Australian test team in 5 years:
Mathew Hayden
Jimmy Maher
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Simon Katich
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Cameron White
Brett Lee
Ashley Noffke
Stuart Clark

12th man - Nathan Bracken

You guys are basing this on one day of test cricket. Australia droped 3 catches. If MacGill had of held Hussain on 8 and a close LBW decision on Butchers first ball given it would have been a different story. Alec Stuart and John Crawley would have been the only English batsman to make double figures, and the score card would have looked the same as in any other test.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:03 pm

I agree Bichel is a spare parts player really. He is never going to be your new ball bowler that can take a bag of wickets. It would be better if he was a left arm bowler roa genuine swing bowler as then he could add variety to the attack. I think Lee has the potential to do this but needs to add more strings to his bowling instead of worrying about his post wicket celebrations.....lol

One would have to think that Victoria should have a few bowlers ready for selection given their current form. I know Victoria may not have the household names but they are delivering the goods and deserve a chance!!!!!! Or is Trevor Hohns and Border too busy just watching Andrew Symonds play and salvilating over his potential that he never delivers....lmao ??

By the way it was great to hear that Warne rolled the arm over in the nets today so he should be fine for world cup as no tendons were broken when he was injured. A fit Warne would be a huge boost for Australia

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:56 pm

Yep. We have rather got used to McGrath and Warney, haven't we? Of course, two of the best all-time Test bowlers will be missed when they're gone. Will be! Missing you already, boys!

Yeah, JLC. Hearing that Warney is already rolling his arm over is great news.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 05 January 2003).]
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:28 am

CAN ANYONE NAME THESE GREAT YOUNG PLAYERS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO KEEP AUSTRALIA UP THE TOP IN THE FUTURE YEARS TO COME????????????? anyone??

footy ROX!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: