Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Intra Club Match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 12:52 pm
Post subject: Intra Club MatchReply with quote

In scenes reminescent of our last AFL game at Viccy Park, the mighty pies had their first run of the year. There was a good crowd turnout as well, this means two things:
1) People are desperate for some footy
2) The magpie army are enthusiastic and excited about this year

i personally hope it was the later, and the performance today would have added to the excitment.
Chris Tarrant is looking very good for this year, he has built himself up, and was taking strong marks and kicking difficult goals.
Jarrod Molloy was shouting orders in the forward line, good to hear some voice and he is obviously calling our attacking 50 'his' area.
A Rocca also played well, flying for marks and general getting in the play, with a forward line of Tarrant, Molloy and Rocca firing, who would bet against us??

In the midfield, new recruit Didak did well ( according to joffa, i still cant tell him from a bar of soap ).
O'Bree is looking great, those dreadlocks are longer ( is he the ex-lead singer of Rage against The machine??)
Buckley was a little quite, no cause for concern, he will fire up.

Our backline is looking the same, with Presti the rock around which everyone else revolves.

According to the ladies, the lads are also looking cute. One bad thing tho, the POGE in the man united shirt afterwards, good to see joffa give him some stick. the kid in a newcastle shirt, well what a legend!

As for the cheer squad, most of the usual suspects were there, Joffa was in fine voice, six months off footy builds up the larynx again.
And if we get a mighty cheer squad happening, imgaine how it will lift the team, if it helps thier on field performance ill do it joffa, count me in as chant co-leader mate.
Bring on St.Kilda i say, should be agood match and a good first win for the pies. (i saw micky at st.kilda training on the news, good to see he is doin his homework!!)

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 2:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SS11, I was looking for a bit of a rundown from the intra club game as I could not get there today. Good to hear Tarrant having a good show.How did the rest of the recruits go?/Namely Cloke/Richards/Lonie....and some of of the other fringe dwellers ie Tuckey/Wasley/Scotland??...Did Nick Davis/Ben Johnson/Leon Davis get a run??....Sorry mate to many questions I know but hey with a week to go who can contain themselves???

GO Pies............................................................................................................

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:30 pm

sorry mate i cant answer that..they were all wearing their new/ or different numbers, and i dont know their faces that well.

neon Leon did pretty good tho, looks like he has got a bit of confidence about him this year.
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:40 pm

Benny Johnson was getting a fair bit of the ball...didn't see too much of him though towards the end...
Nick Davis wasn't playing.. not sure why, saw him after the game in casual clothes with chippa, so I dunno what's going on there, but he wasn't playing that I saw anyway.
Steve mckee played a good game (knew he had it in him) think he did something to his leg though coming down from a mark in about the third or something quarter, didn't look too serious though, lets hope not, he was still playing afterwards, can't be too bad.
Didn't really notice the new recruits too much, it's hard to tell who they all were cuz I don't know their faces yet and most of them weren't wearing their actual numbers
Neon was looking great, hard at the ball as always, he's such a little terrier (92 percent......emma.. personal joke)
Tarks was playing good, as always, but i'm bias so i won't comment on him too much..
Baynsey played a top game, looks as though he'll be a star..
can't comment on the others really, but it's looking better for the pies this season...
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 6:29 pm

Oh my gosh, Miss Magpie is optimistic, theres a first!!
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:20 am

Saw the second half of the game. Pebbles looks good, took a great mark on the flank. Josh Fraser looks great as well, has filled a little bit but now he looks like a player instead of a kid. Guy Richards if it was him is a bean pole and will take a lot of development for sure. Leon looked his silky best if anyone saw the goal in the third. O'bree with the dreadlocks looked good as well. Molloy is real hustle and bustle type in the forward line and he will definately be a break through type player which is what we've missed. Buckley to me seemed to be just taking it fairly easy which is fine. Must admit I couldn't tell who was who as they were wearing blue jumpers and their numbers were different. The conditions were a bit greasy so it wasn't great footy but for their first hitout it seemed pretty good. Much prefer to see them running around the 'G'. It felt like I was watching Narre Warren in the local league. Can't wait till Friday. Had to laugh I joked with a mate at work who is a Richmond supporter that Richo had done his knee (I didn't know at that stage). Imagine my real laughter when later in the day I had to give him the bad news that he actually did hurt his knee. His reply was "are these guys made of plastic or what?" hehehehe. Cheers all.

------------------
Go Pies!!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 8:11 am

Thanks for the update peoples.

------------------
Broadie
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 8:21 am

Yeah thanks, peoples!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 10:17 am

%$^Ł$%^&%%! i thought i saw nicky davis playing?
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:50 pm

He could have been CQ, didn't see him in the last half though, maybe he was only playing the first half, but I definately didn't see him on the ground......?
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 3:46 pm

STANDOUTS WERE

CLEMENTS,Turned around and gave us a smile,he looks a tough bastard as well.

MALLOY, Legend just wait for the day when this guy kicks ten at a packed 'G'

DIDAK,We got a new daicos here this guy is the meaning of class.

TARANT, Get ready this will be the year when he takes the mark
of all centuries.

PRESTY, We all love ya mate 'your a lej' even SS11 loves ya.

L.DAVIS, This will be the year, classy player ready to explode.

BUCKS(brownlow)if my memory serves me correct he was a bit slow pre season last year but not to worry he again will kick ass all over australia.

And to be honest it was kinda hard knowing the rest cause the guys in blue jumpers did not have numbers,and even the guys in collingwood jumpers were hard to sort of tell who they were,we have so many new players.
But i saw enough thankyou very much to predict a finals berth
for the mighty pies ohhh yeeeeeeaaaaah GO PIES.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:35 pm

Thanks for the reports, but who won???
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:45 pm

LOL
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:56 am

Nick Davis only played in the 1st half. I didnt see him play as I got there late but I sapoke to him after the game and he told me that he only played the 1st half.

------------------
NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 2:29 pm

Sensational guys..I appreciate all the comments to no end.It is now like I was there at the game....Hope Eddie reads these posts to realise that a simple intra-club match can generate that much interest from a group of supporters whose team has barely won in the last three years......Go pies..do us proud in 2001.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: