Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate. Get through the first week and it starts to get a bit easier. In six months time you won't recognise your lungs (that annoying whistling in bed actually stops!)
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm

member34259 wrote:
Years ago my father-in-law had a pin (or similar) put into his ear to suppress the urge to smoke.
Has not smoked since.

I think my girl friend had one of them pins inserted into a different piece of her anatomy.
Blood hell, they work well Crying or Very sad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:24 pm

frankiboy wrote:
Not really, EBB. I'm aware of the eating thing but sugarfree chewing gum and extra activities should help keep my mind off it. I've taken the rest of the week off to concentrate on finishing off the house and break up my regular routine. Btw, lit up a smoke this morning, took 3 puffs then threw it out! Very Happy I have a pack with 4 left in it. I'll keep them to see how well I can hold off

Good luck with that mate. Hope it works for you. I gave up for 12 months and put on 10 kilos. Couldn't seem to drop the weight. Unfortunately I started smoking again, increased the exercise and lost the weight.

I'm planning on trying to stop again once the weather warms up so I can get outside after work and weekends and burn it off, I'm way too sedentary at the moment but it's too frigging cold at night.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 pm

I hear ya, stui. Gave up once for about a month and put on close to 5 kilos. Shocked Hopefully, I'm better prepared this time around.

As for the giving up, unfortunately I had the 4 smokes today but it's not as bad as I thought. Apparently the give up date is somewhere between 8 and 14 days so I'm not too fussed with today being my 8th day. The urge is still quite strong but I'm able to fight it off a lot better. 4 and 1/2 smokes is still a damn sight better than 35. Very Happy

sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 am

I met a girl who i'm massively into..she also happens to be of vietnemese heritage...anyway, i ask her out to dinner she accepts after asking her father (this doesn't shock me i've dated asian women before) anyway we get to the restaurant and i notice a table of 12-20 people looking at me!! I ask her if she knows them, she replies "yeah thats just my family giving you the seal of approval...hopefully"

I can understand maybe the father wanting to screen me, but the whole family i felt odd.....

p.s it ended well....god help me if i try to end the relationship, i might get an invite to salt nightclub (i kid, i kid)

sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 am

(DOUBLE POST)
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:37 pm

WTF? Good on you for having the patience and balls to still go through with it. I would have walked out. I don't like audiences.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:03 pm

The amount of "shit" which must be out on the streets in the west at the moment. God, what a week and one more day to go.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 am

When the Collingwood lads arrived in Adelaide last night, it took the staff at the Airport a good 10 minutes to get the walkway/ air bridge attached to the plane. It was as though they didn't want our boys to get off the plane at all.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Cleaning the gutters on the roof, which were full of rubbish, and there were earth worms in the muck. Shocked Confused

How the f*ck did worms get up there? Do they grow from spores in dust or something?

optimax 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cleaning the gutters on the roof, which were full of rubbish, and there were earth worms in the muck. Shocked Confused

How the f*ck did worms get up there? Do they grow from spores in dust or something?

eggs attack to seeds in birds shit etc, so on and so forth (i did learn something in bio) should keep that muck too good for plants ([snip] parents taught me that)

What i found odd was why people came ot teh refunds counter, looking for arguements. They know the rules, they know ill enforce the rules, they can read the policy i put in front of them but they then have to swear and go off at me and my staff and emand to speck to a manager. Who then goes through the rules and they go away happy.

MAssiev pian in the arse, although it only happened once today and thats a pretty good day for me at epping target

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 am

Target?
I had a phone to return to Target and the stupid girl decided that I had to talk to Optus about a refund. (Phone was less than 24 hours old and never charged itself)
Well, she gave me the same policy talk you obviously are trained to do.
I explained that what she was saying was against Victorian consumer law and best she get a manager. She phoned a manager, weak prick would not come out of his/her office.
Refund given on the spot.
Just remember that consumer law outweighs anything that Target want you to believe.
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 am

JacJacJacqui wrote:
WTF? Good on you for having the patience and balls to still go through with it. I would have walked out. I don't like audiences.

same and all those people judging you.

That is pretty much a worst nightmare for me, nice effort Sharrod Iceman.

optimax 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 am

member34259 wrote:
Target?
I had a phone to return to Target and the stupid girl decided that I had to talk to Optus about a refund. (Phone was less than 24 hours old and never charged itself)
Well, she gave me the same policy talk you obviously are trained to do.
I explained that what she was saying was against Victorian consumer law and best she get a manager. She phoned a manager, weak knob would not come out of his/her office.
Refund given on the spot.
Just remember that consumer law outweighs anything that Target want you to believe.

I dont know about your story personally mate, but you would be surprised how iron clad we can make our policy, its written down (viewable on the net) says you can have a refund with a reciept given its within time without we have evry right to refuse.

Also with phones once the sim card gets activated it goes over us, but managers doing that shits us up the wall no end

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 am

Sim card was never activated because the stupid phone would not charge.
But again, you can write whatever policy you like, and most retail stores do, but as long as the goods are faulty or do not fulfill the description then consumer laws will override that policy.
I note that your policy includes;
Quote:
If you're not completely satisfied with your new product, simply return it with your receipt and we'll be happy to offer a replacement, exchange or refund providing the product is in as new condition including packaging, instruction manuals and all accessories.

http://www.target.com.au/html/refund/refund.htm

As my situation included a product bought less than 24 hours before and was clearly faulty, or I was "not completely satisfied", then why was I initially refused a "refund providing the product is in as new condition including packaging, instruction manuals and all accessories"?

Looks like basic training is lacking at the store in question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 8 of 84   

Jump to: