Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
OEP wrote:
William Dafoe's role as the slightly bent cop (and I don't mean being on the take) is one of absolute genius.

Dafoe is brilliant. I've only seen two films that he's in, but he's great in both of them, and they're both insane: The Last Temptation of Christ and Antichrist.

David you should check out "The Shadow Of The Vampire" - Dafoe, Malkovitch, ansd Udo Keir and a wonderfully off the wall plot. I loved it!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Cheers Ronnie, sounds quite fun. Malkovich is always good value!

OEP wrote:
David wrote:
Wow, there are some great movies out at the moment:

Where the Wild Things Are: Marketed as a kids film, but most adults will probably find this quite moving. Fantasy tale with quite dark elements and painful observations about childhood and loneliness. Directed by Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation)

Wanted to take my 3 year old son to see this, he's a massive fan of the book. Unfortunately some of the reviews have put me off taking him, not due to being negative as they've all been positive to date, but they have pointed out some things about the movie that make me think some parts may be a little "heavy" for him.
Normally I'll see any movie first before I'll take my kids just so I can screen it and make sure it's appropriate. One movie I was glad I screened was "Up", an incredibly depressing movie full of violence and aggression. In my opinion definitely not a young child friendly movie.

Fair point. Personally, I'd recommend WTWTA to older kids (say, 8 and up), but a 3 year old will probably find it a little scary. I'd definitely recommend seeing it for yourself beforehand.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Saw Avatar in 3D on Thursday and have to say WOW. The story line and acting are (in my opinion) very good with the writer seemingly really wanting to push the impact the human race has on the environment and their blase when confronted with this fact.

It probably took me about 15 minutes for my eyes to adjust to the 3D but after that....OMG the 3D special effects were simply breath taking (helpful tip for anyone afflicted with the need for glasses, such as myself, if you have contact lenses it maybe worthwhile taking them with you to wear under the supplied 3D glasses).

The movie goes for 3 hours and while you wouldn't call it action packed it certainly has enough action, but those 3D special effects are just jaw droppingly amazing.

If they keep making 3D movies like that I'll be seeing all the movies I can in the 3D format.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:17 am

Big week watching DVD's for me.

District 9 - 9/10. Awesome spin on an age old "alien invading earth" concept. Very unique and interesting. A point was deducted due to the accents. South Africans just do my head in.

Zombieland - 9/10. Very, very funny movie. Wasn't sure what to expect but didn't disappoint. Woody is great! Probably the best movie watched for the week.

The Hangover - 7.5/10. It was good. Lots of laughs but had possibly built it up too much by hype. Loved Alan but didn't really warm to the other characters.

Four Holidays - 6.5/10. Vaughn was good, but perhaps a bit too "chick flick" for me. Nice movie to watch, but not memorable. Highlight was probably the wedding singer at the end being the same inappropriate wedding singer from "Old School".

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee - 8/10. Enjoyed this one. Even though it had a bit of a "chick flick" feel to it it also had a dark side too. Thought Robin Wright Penn was really good in this.

Funny People - 4/10 Not sure what to say other than it wasn't very funny.

Bruno - 6.5/10. Had its moments but nowhere near as funny as Borat.

#SIDEBYSIDE
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:43 am

mandy wrote:
Big week watching DVD's for me.

District 9 - 9/10. Awesome spin on an age old "alien invading earth" concept. Very unique and interesting. A point was deducted due to the accents. South Africans just do my head in.

Zombieland - 9/10. Very, very funny movie. Wasn't sure what to expect but didn't disappoint. Woody is great! Probably the best movie watched for the week.

Loved District 9 and Zombieland could be the find of the year, very funny with a great cameo in the middle.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 am

Do you like talking to me? What's your sign? I will mention that to my botmaster, OEP. I will mention that to my botmaster, OEP. Can you tell me any gossip? Did you know that you can download your own chat robot and create your own robot personality?
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I just finished watching Inglorious Basterds. A very good film (I'm not a massive Tarantino fan), but it annoyed me that there was no differenciation between Germans and Nazis.

If you're looking for a funny film to watch tonight, check out SBS at 11:50pm for Get Ready to be Boyzvoiced. It's really good.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

StarTrek, X-men quad on Bluray, loved startrek,
cloudy with a chance of meatballs was funny and watched monkey Magic on world movies which was brilliant.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 pm

The new Japanese production of "Monkey Magic"? Yeah, that was a pretty fun film!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Dark Lord wrote:
The new Japanese production of "Monkey Magic"? Yeah, that was a pretty fun film!

Yeah that's the one, I thought they did a brilliant job of it, I'm a fan of the original series so I enjoyed it.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:46 am

Paranormal Activity.

I was scared.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

luvdids wrote:
Paranormal Activity.

I was scared.

Wus. Razz Wink

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Paranormal Activity.

I was scared.

Wus. Razz Wink

Am not. I'm tough, and I learnt when to put the popcorn down so my startled jumps didn't spread it everywhere!!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:23 pm

sherlock holmes. quite enjoyed it.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Paranormal Activity.

I was scared.

Wus. Razz Wink

Am not. I'm tough, and I learnt when to put the popcorn down so my startled jumps didn't spread it everywhere!!

You should see the damage you can do with a choc top Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
Page 8 of 240   

Jump to: