Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#19 Nick Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

in answer to your question SS11, dunno about the hard ball gets but he had the whopping total of 15 tackles for the entire season.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:25 am

Great poem MLM! (refering to Miss Lissy Mloy's poem from other closed ND thread obviously).

Davis was forced into a very uncomfortable position by the outrageous pressure that was put on him by Eddy Mcguire to sign a contract 6 months before his then contract would expire - Mcguire has been great for the club obviously but was way out of line there and it was no surprise the player's association kicked up a stink about it at the time.
All the stuff about "you have to bleed black and white" etc is hypocricy - when they don't want players they just dump them like they just did and all clubs do. If you want loyalty it goes both ways, and if players show loyalty they and we should be very grateful instead of demanding it.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:18 am

Why thankyou Bokka!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader Of The Jarrod Molloy Cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*

"Like walking in the rain and the snow, When there's nowhere to go, And your feeling like a part of you is dying, And your looking for the answer in her eyes, You think your gonna break up, Then she says she wants to make up"
*The Things We Do For Love- 10CC*

*~Goooo Secret Squirrel, Guacamole's & Parsnips~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:36 pm

I'm thinking maybe the CFC had an inkling to what was going on inside ND's head Bokka....maybe they decided to put some pressure on him to go one way or the other. I haven't seen the CFC do this with anyone else. Why would they single ND out for this kind of treatment? Kind of makes me think they knew what ND was up to and wanted him to commit one way or the other.

Smart by the CFC if you ask me, and well within their rights.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:36 pm

SS11 what a disgraceful thing to say! You used to HATE Nick Davis? As in, when he was a Collingwood player? I could never "hate" a Collingwood player. You're not much of a supporter
SS11

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:14 pm

Blanch...."Smart by the CFC if you ask me, and well within their rights." - smart maybe, a lot of unethical behaviour is "smart" in the sense of getting an advantage over the ethical way of doing things. My attitude is if someone plays dirty with me I'll play dirty with them (if I need to) - that's all they deserve.
Anyway it wasn't so smart after all as it turned out was it?
OK we're happy to get Woewoie but he had total loyalty to Melb and they did the dirty on him out of the blue - so you can't have it both ways.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:13 am

I disagree Bokka, in my view there is never 2 ways. There is only one way - the way that is best for the CFC....biased? you betcha...immoral? at times....I couldn't care less. I am an arrogant supporter with the most one eyed view you can imagine. So can I have it both ways? NOPE, because as I said before IMO there is only one way and that is the way that's best for the CFC. I make no apologies for this arrogance.

To sum up my view if a player does the dirty on the club I'll bag him. If the club does the dirty on a player I won't bag the club but I will still like the player. You may say that's double standards....you'd be right again. I will make an exception for the CFC in every case. I still like chipper and he's gone.

I dont' expect anyone to agree with me on this, just sort of wanted to share where I'm coming from. BTW Bokka, your point is valid regarding the double standards. I do recognise that. I just choose to ignore what others may call a double standard.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:33 am

Hmm interesting attitude and honest in a convoluted sort of way - and it is only footy afterall and footy hatred which basically is just screaming abuse over the fence which Davis will get a ton of obviously next time Sydney play Cwood.
I mean if it went beyond something like footy it'd be different in fact I'm living in a country where they have that attitude to their country and any mass-murder the govt wants to do - I'll give you a hint Howard is their bum-boy. But anyway I digress.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:51 am
Post subject: Losing Nick Davis - a blessing in disguise?Reply with quote

If you had asked me last year, I would have said of course we needed to do all we could to keep him.

However, maybe his loss is the catalyst for Dids. Maybe this is exactly the challenge Dids needed, and while its early days, I like what I'm seeing.

Its safe to say it now - Dids has twice the heart that Nicky ever seemed to show (even if he was injured) and I for one have not particularly missed the Sydney Sook so far.

Maybe too its fired up Leon if he believes he will get more game time, and so on.........

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:04 am

He was and is soft, no great loss. He is an accurate kick for goal, but he cannot get the ball and is a receiver so we will not miss him as much. No doubt he will get Swans Best & Fairest this year as ex Magpies that go there have a good record for that..

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:56 am

Mr Davis is still welcome back at CFC.
I would never turn my back on such talent, even if he should be shot as a traitor.

-Craig

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:37 pm

WhyPhilWhy? Agree wholeheartedly with comments on Dids! But I am def with Craig on this one, as it pains me to think of the fact that if ND stayed that we'd still have drafted Woey... I would also welcome ND back with open arms anytime. I am STILL gutted by his departure, after hoping against hope that he would stay I will forever be affected by the loss of this extremely talented player!

Didak (as I've been going off about for the last 2 years) was always going to reign surpreme......with ND gone it makes no difference in regards to Did's ground time or chance to step up....Didak would have come of age either way

"SUCH IS LIFE!"

[This message has been edited by MAGPIRA (edited 03 March 2003).]
angel 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:35 pm

Dids was always going to be a gun, and he is starting to justify his #3 draft pick. I have very high expectations of him and believe he will come through and be an excitement machine.

I am greedy enough to think a forward line also with Nicky D on it would be even more awesome. Culprit I think your comments are harsh. He played pretty well last year given his crippled state. He has only just started training fully again now. It took courage to overcome the pain and take the field and fulfil the brief Malthouse set him, of kicking a couple of goals from his limited match time. You might ask yourself how well would Didak and others go so handicapped, Dids has not, thank goodness been injured once since he's been at Pieland. But if he played with a hernia and restrictive groin might not find it that easy.

Also while he was a bit soft as a youngster in a crap team in 99, I think he improved a lot in this area. Last year, he and the other forwards didn't have the benefit of Molloy. And remember he started to be tagged and targeted early in his career because he showed something from his early days.

Finally I never like to lose extreme natural talent and he was good to watch.

He hopefully will regret his decision and he will certainly find it hard again playing in a weak Swans team.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:40 am

While I agree that Nick Davis will be really missed, I actually like the looks of our new #19 in Williams...seems to show alot more pace and probably more maturity, something that Nick Davis will unfortunately develop at Sydney. We will miss Nick Davis sure, but only for depth value as I believe he would struggle to knock Didak out of the side as a regular in the forward line.

BTW if there is ever another williams that is in the draft or wanting to be traded we should definately look at them because anyone with the name williams for some reason becomes a Collingwood Gun!!

cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:16 am

You can only have so much "enigmatic" talent on the forward line and I think the trade off of Williams for Davis has worked well.

Tarrant, Davis, Didak will provide the magic whilst Molloy, Betheras and Williams the grunt. Its looking a very sharp combination of forwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: