Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaches sacking watch 2013

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
We might have to add Scott Watters' name to this list. We all know the Saints have a notoriously short fuse for patience in coaches.

The Saints board and supporters will know that Watters needs to rebuild the side, so I doubt he'll face the sack unless they performed really poorly to the standards of Melbourne and GWS for example.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 am

Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
We might have to add Scott Watters' name to this list. We all know the Saints have a notoriously short fuse for patience in coaches.

The Saints board and supporters will know that Watters needs to rebuild the side, so I doubt he'll face the sack unless they performed really poorly to the standards of Melbourne and GWS for example.

Watters is doing fine i reckon. He has another season minimum. He has bugger all and all ageing stars, he is in full rebuild mode and can now give kosi the ass.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:05 am

Watters has done fairly well with a tattered list. If he continues to introduce youth and can bring in some bigger bodies to support them, they will improve.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:11 am

Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

But Jezza, this is a club that sacked Malcolm Blight mid-season when they were doing better than St Kilda are now. Their culture never changes. Have a look at Saintsational.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:15 am

Lyon didn't leave a club on the rise - he knew the state of things and was not prepared to hang around for the leaner times. Same as Malthouse would never have gone to any club that wasn't big and rich. He used to play for St Kilda but coaching them would be beneath him.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:21 pm

After this weekend you can only say that nothing has changed for Mark Neeld yet (although Peter Jackson the new CEO saying that no position is safe is not reassuring). A 60 point thrashing is not positive though.

But two more coaches are definitely up for the chop by season's end:

1. Michael Voss is odds on not to have his contract renewed.

2. After the way the Dogs are playing Brendon McCartney can start packing his bags.

The jury is out on how patient they are down at Moorabbin as well.

STOP PRESS: Since I typed this the Bulldogs are coming back against a typically weak West Coast who loves to get over-run in the second half. Perhaps Worsfold might be on the list as well. A certainty if the Weagles miss the finals I'd say.

PPS: No I underestimated how crap the Bulldogs really are. The Weagles bring Nic Nat on and go bang, bang, bang. Game over.

Last edited by jack_spain on Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:26 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

But Jezza, this is a club that sacked Malcolm Blight mid-season when they were doing better than St Kilda are now. Their culture never changes. Have a look at Saintsational.

jack, you have written some rubbish in your time here; this reply to jezza is right up there for ill informed, misinformed tripe.

watters is very safe.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

jack, you have written some rubbish in your time here; this reply to jezza is right up there for ill informed, misinformed tripe.

watters is very safe.

How do you know you troll? Razz Laughing
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 pm

jack_spain wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

watters is very safe.

How do you know you troll? Razz Laughing

i trawl stuff. i must ask my friends on saintsational what they're views are.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Neeld, Voss and Worsfold are my favoured candidates.
Eagles look very shaky and Worsfold has been there for a long time and the board might consider time for a change. They were widely predicted to be Top 2 by many so-called experts at season's start. Injuries a problem but last week's loss to Port, and the circumstances of it, was deplorable.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

They looked a different side today though.....voss would be mine.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:48 am

Worsfold deserves to be given until the end of the Season. And I hope they give him the opportunity to coach to the end of the season if he wants to, regardless of how poorly they end up doing (they'll get better as their players return).
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:55 am

If gap between expectation and reality is any criteria, then Voss has to be on shaky ground if this continues.

Otherwise, I really think this will be a light year for coach culling, after last year's bumper harvest.

Watters is safe. And I think McC is fine, the bulldogs are frankly where they should be, they have no talls yet worth the name, their big bodied midfielders are all too old and on the slide, and so it was always going to be bad. If they were being honest with themselves, they knew this was coming.

Winston Churchill
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I predict the North bloke will got before the end of the season. Voss is a certainty to get booted. Now the Melbourne bloke will probably be asked to step down to avoid the embarrassment of them having to terminate another coach. I feel Adelaide may need to look elsewhere. The real joke is how the Fat Greek Colonel can seriously offer that whorehouse GWS team as a serious side. They reckon that they will improve. Ha ha! Does shit ever smell different as it ages? Scientific fact. Once shit always shit. It only decomposes. And that ain't a good omen for GWS. Sheedy is beyond description on this family website. Do they take coaches sacking bets on Waterhiss.com.au?

Scott has just been signed for 4 or 5 years. they can't afford to pay that out. bad call Caro.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 am

Would love to see Voss get the chop!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16   

Jump to: