Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheerleaders?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

That would work. LOL

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:15 pm

This is embarrassing. I'm amazed by how the club keeps trying to justify this new initiative on the basis of 'entertaining us' but they haven't consulted members and supporters about this whatsoever and what our thoughts on this are. What is with this need of having other forms of entertainment to 'enhance' our match-day experience? This constant emphasis of needing to be entertained is becoming tiresome. It's like the club is out of touch of what most Collingwood fans want on match day.

Ask most people who attend the football and I'm sure they'd prefer to watch the match without the need of other forms of entertainment. I must admit I'm surprised by the club's decision on this. It's just got disaster and failure written all over it.

I have a feeling we'll be cringing pre-match when this happens. This is just embarrassing to say the least and I'm already embarrassed by the kiss, dance and smile cams we have at our home games at the moment as well. The match day experience is becoming increasingly worse in this sense despite what the club might think.

I'm not going to boo the dancers but I certainly won't be getting pumped up for them either. I'll pump up myself pre-match with a few beers with mates as we talk football in a footy-related environment!

The picture below sums up my feelings on this whole situation!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:32 am

Th real elephant in the room here is hip hop.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:33 am

I'm sure some marketing genius has told the club it will lure in the next generation of members.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:03 am

ronrat wrote:
Th real elephant in the room here is hip hop.

Ugh, the dancers don't worry me, but I hate that music

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:32 am

Jezza wrote:
This is embarrassing. I'm amazed by how the club keeps trying to justify this new initiative on the basis of 'entertaining us' but they haven't consulted members and supporters about this whatsoever and what our thoughts on this are.

there was a series of member focus groups last year.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 am

Jezza wrote:

Ask most people who attend the football and I'm sure they'd prefer to watch the match without the need of other forms of entertainment. I must admit I'm surprised by the club's decision on this. It's just got disaster and failure written all over it.

I'm there to watch the footy - how about TAC CUP curtain raiser followed by a VFL "reserves" game?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:17 am

A bit late for cheerleaders in this day and age when you have phones and tablets and all these other gadgets to keep you entertained if you get to the footy early.

I don't see this lasting too long....They are meant to dance before every home game. I wonder if they will be doing their little dance on ANZAC Day....can't see it happening on such an important day.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:05 pm

melliot wrote:
We also need to consider the we at Nicks are hard core footy followers and Pies supporters. We are more purists. Otherwise why would we be on a site wasting time, posting, discussing our worthless opinions. Many consider us partly mad.

There are many who would not be on Nicks, like the more casual supporter, that may enjoy the diversification of entertainment.

I'm thinking of the times I bring my young daughters. They would enjoy this so-called dancing (more like co-ordinated epileptic fits).

So while this straw poll on nick's is a resounding "NO" (including myself), we are only one cross section of the footy supporters who turn up.

Just a thought.

I get that other younger people might like this kind of thing, but this is football. I don't care about the cross section of supporters that might be entertained by it. If you want that type of entertainment, go to a dance concert. If you like the footy, you go to the footy. If you're not entertained enough, don't go. Simple.
Please can't we just keep it what it is. Kids these days seem to have phones, computers, Ipads, their own TV. They can watch dancing any second of the day.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
Jezza wrote:
This is embarrassing. I'm amazed by how the club keeps trying to justify this new initiative on the basis of 'entertaining us' but they haven't consulted members and supporters about this whatsoever and what our thoughts on this are.

there was a series of member focus groups last year.

Great. Spectacular. Sensational.

The question as I'm sure you know is, who interpreted the info from the focus groups? If you're not careful, the original intent expressed at a focus group moves like a chinese whisper upward toward the decision makers, often by the time it gets there it has no resemblance to what was actually said.

Look, maybe there is a demographic that thinks this dance troupe ( I won't call them cheerleaders) are a good idea. Personally I don't but I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out.

I heard Eddie say today that part of the concept is that they might go to schools etc. Hey, if they get kids who don't follow footy interested in Collingwood first and AFL second, then fairy nuff.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Anyone remember 'Hooray for Everything' from The Simpsons?

Google it.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:28 pm

this has been 18 months in the making. not only will they be dancing or trying too, but they are also going to schools.

they will probably have that little stage area under the scoreboard and us members/supporters wont be able to hear the music anyway
CoogeePie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 pm

I dunno, I guess I'll keep an open mind and see what they've got planned. I fly down most weekends for the games, and it's like a little 'zone' meditation thing sitting at the G and soaking up the anticipation of the game ahead. Watching others do the same. Not sure watching the 'next generation' shaking their booty is going to entertain me. Hats off to their talent, but prefer to watch them on 'so you think you can dance' than a footy field.

I go to the footy to watch a game of footy. Best pre game entertainment for me would be a VFL curtain raiser. They tried the big entertainment think up here with the NRL, and just didn't work. Footy has no generation distinction. It's inside us all and it's our job to pass on that passion to the next generation. That won't come from a troupe of hip hop dancers.

I'm flying down Sat for the game and can't wait for the first one of the season at the G. They done good up here in Sydney so hope they can build on that.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 pm

If they inspire the all those stuffy Legends members in the Ponny to get up and get jiggy with it, that will be something to see. Smile
CoogeePie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Ha, mellieot I'm a Legends member and have to agree there's some stiff collars around there. Fortunately this 50yo blonde leprechaun is surrounded by a group of young Greek Gods who have as much Magpie Fire in their belly as me so atmosphere is good. Row three 2 bays to the right of goal. Will let you know if I get asked to audition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: