Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4everpies 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

perthmagpie wrote:
Where is Kennedy? Not named in AFL or VFL team.

Did he train today? Did anyone go to training?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Had 1 Knee Bandaged up in last qtr of VFL on Satuday
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:53 pm

melliot wrote:
Question for VFL observers.....

How did Seedsman go last week? I would have thought he would be still underdone and nee another couple of VFL games?

I thought he was average to be honest. Dwyer was clearly BOG but didn't get a game. No Kennedy either.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Got to feel a bit sorry for Kennedy. Being emergency last week, he failed to play at all and so now needs a full VFL game before he'll be considered for senior selection. De Goey is also stiff, but if he dominates in the VFL he'll be back pretty quickly I reckon.

Overall, I'm happy with the team. I'd like to see Witts join Grundy when we play at the MCG.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:05 pm

It's fair to say Seedsman is a Buckley favourite.

I like what he can bring to the side when at his best just wouldn't have thought he had enough runs on the board in terms of fitness and form yet to be considered ahead of others.

Broomhead needs to grab the opportunity as his form has been surprisingly underwhelming during the preseason.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:31 pm

i am a bit surprised that both Ramsay and Oxley have been included, but I am guessing that this is due to the fact that they are seen to have been instrumental in maintaining the structures that suffocated Brisbane so effectively for three quarters last week. Nevertheless,I think I would have also liked to see Karnezis in our team to add more unpredictably to our forward line, and who can also rotate through the midfield.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Nice to see we've added another halfback flanker. He'll slot in well with the other 7.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Looking for another high pressure effort, this time for four quarters
Hoping for big things from Broomy
How he goes together with Oxley and Ramsay will be worth watching out for and will have a big bearing on our fortunes
If they can stand up and contribute it will have a big say in our chances of winning
go pies!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Strange ins!

I'm a huge Broomhead fan, but I didn't think he'd done enough yet to force his way back in. I'd rather have seen him go around in the twos for another week.

Seedy is another player I like, but he hasn't demonstrated that he's back up to speed either.

Plus we are weak in the talls department: Grundy can't be expected to go around again this week all by himself with the same energy he put in last week .... and if he does, he's a friggin' champion already! I's really really like to see Gault come in to give us all-day tall options up forward and give Grundy a break.

Kennedy seems to be out of contention for reasons not properly explained, so I guess that means we have to go with Broomhead for Sidebottom. Oxley cramped up and had to be subbed last week - is he fit enough to go again already?

De Goey out seems fair enough. I'd have dropped Oxley as well and made three changes in total on the theory that the side put in a huge effort last week and the week after a big effort everybody struggles to give it a proper red hot go. To deal with that, you bring in extra kids and trust that their enthusiasm will lift the others. ... except that (already!) we are struggling to find the obvious ins.

Anyway, I'd still rather see Gault in than Seedsman.

Who are the emergencies this week? Late change any chance?

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Got to feel a bit sorry for Kennedy. Being emergency last week, he failed to play at all and so now needs a full VFL game before he'll be considered for senior selection. De Goey is also stiff, but if he dominates in the VFL he'll be back pretty quickly I reckon.

Overall, I'm happy with the team. I'd like to see Witts join Grundy when we play at the MCG.

Funny, a bit like Ramsay, I haven't quite bought the Kennedy inclusion yet (not that my opinion matters). He's got speed and can find the ball but I find his disposal worse than most. Not sure that's what's keeping him out. He actually strikes you as the kind of player that just needs to slow down a bit as he disposes of the ball. It's like his legs are going too fast for his own good.

We'll see if he gets his chance but it sounds like he might have a minor injury. In the first quarter of the VFL last week I thought he looked totally lost.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm

De Goey had to either be dropped or not be the sub - if he can't go 4 quarters at AFL speed yet he had to go to the VFL. No point him playing another 1/4 of footy, he needs to get his hands on it a bit.

I personally like out ins, although I agree they haven't shown a whole lot in terms of current form, but our side on paper at least lacks a little class - Sidey brought that, but of the current midfielders only Pendles, Elliot and maybe Varcoe are what you could call classy. Adams, Williams, Crisp, Oxley, Blair, Swannie in current form are good working class in and under mids but lack the flare and je ne sais quoi of a Sidebottom or Broomhead or Seedsman. They're classy, it remains to be seen if they're fit enough and good enough to stay in the 22. I reckon if we're to have a crack this year they'd have to be at some point thought - Broomy either HFF or onball and Seedsman dominating on the wing Smile

- Ben
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 am

Tannin wrote:
Plus we are weak in the talls department: Grundy can't be expected to go around again this week all by himself with the same energy he put in last week .... and if he does, he's a friggin' champion already! I's really really like to see Gault come in to give us all-day tall options up forward and give Grundy a break.

Who are the emergencies this week? Late change any chance?

Good post Tannin!

I share your concerns about the burden that Grundy will carry as the number one ruckman this week again despite the fatigue he endured in last week's match against the Lions in the latter stages of the game. I suspect that Buckley and the coaching staff will primarily use Grundy as our ruckman for an overwhelming period of time but Jesse White will be the pinch-hitting ruckman when Grundy has his inevitable rests on the bench throughout the match.

In regards to your question about the emergencies listed, the following players that are listed as emergencies for this match are Sam Dwyer, Patrick Karnezis and Corey Gault.

Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:25 am

Im rapt with the inclusion of Seedsman, his ability to break the lines and depth with his kicking are fine assets to our backline. Once he establishes himself in the team I think you will find he will be a vital cog in our defensive rebounds.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 am
Post subject: Brown Needs to Step-uoReply with quote

If Nathan Brown tries to out muscle Tex Walker, Adelaide will have a day out because Nathan just hasn't looked the goods since he came back, and I didn't think much of him before.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:33 am

Albow wrote:
Im rapt with the inclusion of Seedsman, his ability to break the lines and depth with his kicking are fine assets to our backline. Once he establishes himself in the team I think you will find he will be a vital cog in our defensive rebounds.

And he can kick!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: