Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Giants down Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Quote:
Remove Blair who "slips over" too often
Obviously you clearly missed all the other players on both teams slipping on what is a sub standard AFL Ground. Drop him because his decision making and disposal was shite.

We'll, if that's the criteria then Maynard goes as well.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Darcy is developing. I saw some promising things tonight, just like I've seen other promising things in other games. When he grabbed it in the middle and dashed it out for a clearance, it reminded me of a faster Josh Fraser.

Second year after taking people by surprise last year was always going to be harder for him, particularly sans Cloke. Hawkins took time, and Moorey has a bigger upside than him. The future is bright, just stay patient and get games into him. He's got the body of early Jack Watts and he's playing CHF/FF for Collingwood, not wing or flank.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:07 pm

The lack of understanding of footy on this board bewilders me. The same folk who'd be praising us if we'd got up and won.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 pm

^^
This is spot on Damien.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 pm

I'm not a Maynard fan because he continually commits fundamental errors.
He is a massive liability in defence because of his inability to stay on his man.

Either needs to be dropped or moved onto the wing or HFF where his attributes will be of more use whilst his errors won't be as punishable on the scoreboard.

Great games from Grundy, Sidey, Dunn.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:26 pm

For what it's worth, I'm putting in my 2 cents here.

We are a dumb football club.

Not only for the recruiting philosophy over the past 3 years, but for many reasons.

The players make dumb decisions.
They make very, very basic skill decisions which cost goals.
They miss standard shots for goal that any auskicker would get. (Blair, Reid)
They cannot consistently hit targets.

The point blank refusal to recruit KPP players, especially after turfing out Brown, Cloke etc is staggering. Yes McClarty is one but he will take time. We refused to recruit James Stewart as father son when we had the opportunity, and when he came on the market again last year, we were not interested. I watched him play a great game tonight against Geelong kicking 3 goals in the process. Yes, he won't be a champion, but he is strong, super quick, mobile has good hands and more importantly kicks it well. Essendon got him super cheap at pick 77 but we were not interested. Typical.

A quick look at tonight's game/ Certain facets stood out clearly.

Blair, although kicking 2 goals, cannot be played again. He made too many mistakes and could have iced the game but missed a very simple chance from close in. He is a fumbler and an awful disposer. That slide in like the Southern Aurora in the last minute was mind blowingly stupid. What was he thinking?
Our handball skills are non-existent. We missed targets from 1 metre away and a couple of misses cost us goals.
Again, long bombs into the forward line proved costly as they simply took possession and ran it out.
Reid must play back - that was blatantly obvious
Sidebottom must play as the small crumbing forward as he kicks goals - not required in midfield

Players on very thin ice:

Blair - nuff said
Crisp - by name only. His skills are not acceptable although tries hard
Smith - not a defensive bone in his body and too often takes the easy kicking option - backwards
Schade - simply filling in time - too easily pushed off the ball
Fasolo - has to play more like a small forward and stop flying in packs
Greenwood - too one dimensional with suspect skills. A tagger only
Phillips - needs to add aggression and intensity

Good points:

Maynard - yes he made a couple of bad errors but has improved markedly. Should be in the midfield
Aish - showed signs but must improve his pace and intensity. Seems to run up and down in the one spot
Moore - ran a lot freer tonight but must improve his kicking. Calls for him to be dropped and traded are just stupid. Hawkins took 5+ years and Daniher the same.
There was less of the stop and kick backwards crap tonight and the team looked better for it

The upshot:

We cannot make finals so start playing the kids we have and lets see what they can do.
Daicos, Brown, Kirby, Crocker, Scharenburg, McClarty should start getting games. I don't want to hear this crap about they're not ready. Other recruits are playing so why not ours. They may be overawed and possibly spud it up a little, but they will get experience.

At end of year, the whole football department needs to be looked at from the coach down. It is stale, stagnant and getting worse year by year.
No more jobs for the boys. Collingwood never learn from their past history.

The first outsider they let coach the club, Tommy Hafey was very unlucky not to have won a flag immediately.
The first flag in 32 years was coached by an outsider, Leigh Matthews.
They then went back to Shaw and although not all his fault, dark times ensued.
Another outsider was let in and immediately had the team in grand finals and was very unlucky not to have won one early. He eventually won his flag.
Back to another former player, Buckley, and we are where we are today.

I've said my piece. Agree or disagree, but they're my thoughts.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
If the 14 yr old goal umpire did her fkn job properly we would have held on. Calling for the replay after the clear behind prevented us from playing on quickly. Gws were then able to set a zone and it cost us the game

Female umpires, always **** up as they are fast tracked and don't have the experience of others.

But I don't think she called for the review, she looked like she was going to give it a goal and the field umpire stepped in.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 pm

It is taken me this long to post, as I was as disappointed after a game, as I have ever been. Then to log on here and read some of this drivel makes me very angry. Trade Darcy Moore, is one of the most ridiculous comments I ever read.

To the match.

The first quarter was as good as we have played this season. We were probably a goal or two shy of getting full value for our dominance.

The second quarter was horrendous. We basically undid all of our good work in ten minutes. Skill errors and poor decisions were the norm, not the exception. Our midfielders should be ashamed with their contest around the clearances, as we just let the GWS midfielders waltz out of clearance after clearance. Very disappointing that we only had laid 17 tackles at half time.

The third quarter was again horrendous around the clearances, too many times GWS midfielders were able to waltz out of the clearances without any pressure. The free kick against WHE and then the 50 against Moore in the next play were shockers and neither decision should have been paid. Just gifted them a goal.

The last quarter we started well and looked to have control until Maynard misses Smith with a handball by more distance than Smith was away from him. A goal results. Misses from Blair and De Goey running into an open goal were poor considering both could have ran to point blank range. Why Fasolo passed to Phillips, I will never know, I would prefer Fasolo having a shot from 45, than Phillips having a shot from 30. The goal review was a disgrace, cost us having an easy transition out of defensive 50. Darcy did very well to get the ball to ground on the wing and then grab it, but I do not why he handballed inboard to Grundy. He needed to kick it 50 metres down the line. Then Blair, why oh why, did you throw yourself ten metres along the ground into someone's legs to give away a free kick. Maynard will learn from letting Johnson get front and centre, but it was a costly mistake, a game losing mistake.

All in all, very disappointing to lose with GWS two down for most of the game and three down for the last half of the last quarter. Such a loss can be very deflating and affect the next week, but hopefully we can lick our wounds and get a win against Hawthorn and then follow it up with a win against Brisbane.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Sun May 14, 2017 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:33 pm

It's pretty to argue with anything you said there^.I think it was all spot on.

That's Jatsad's post,i mean.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:33 pm

inxs88 wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Shattered but we gave it all we had and I'm proud with the way we played. Hopefully we can build on that performance against Hawthorn. Our structures were all wrong today but I was happy with the performances of Aish, Schade and Blair. Wells was disappointing today. I hope people understand Wells would have made no difference against Carlton. De Goey was fantastic. For once I don't regret the decision to recruit him ahead of Wright. We need to find another forward to support Moore. Reid needs to go back down back. We also need a bit more pace through the midfield. Treloar should solve that.

Not wanting to eat our own but "what planet are you on"?

* Schade had 6 kicked on him by Cameron
* De Goey butchered it with 5 mins to go and was 2nd lowest Champion data player rankings
* Wells was disappointing?? What the??
* Blair: you were "happy with"????

Talk about being "half full vs empty". Easily amused you are!

Suggest you closely watch the replay.
Schade was moved off Cameron in the second quarter when Goldsack took over. I would defy any CHB stopping Cameron flying in from the side of the pack to take the mark even though Roos was so critical (Roos must have been the greatest CHB of all time when he was a player).
De Goey contributed to 4 of our first 6 goals. You want to crucify him for one mistake in the last quarter.
Wells is an elite player. Elite players like Wells don't get caught with the ball, choose the wrong option, or miskick to opponents.
Blair kicked 2 goals and got to plenty of contests. He had a poor last quarter. So?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Shattered but we gave it all we had and I'm proud with the way we played. Hopefully we can build on that performance against Hawthorn. Our structures were all wrong today but I was happy with the performances of Aish, Schade and Blair. Wells was disappointing today. I hope people understand Wells would have made no difference against Carlton. De Goey was fantastic. For once I don't regret the decision to recruit him ahead of Wright. We need to find another forward to support Moore. Reid needs to go back down back. We also need a bit more pace through the midfield. Treloar should solve that.

That's how I saw it, I'm frankly surprised at all the angst, I thought we would get toasted like a marshmallow!

If only we had kept 1 KPP I reckon we would be 4/3 or 5/2

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:40 am

Kick to Handpass ratio for GWS was 1:09. And they distroyed us in 2nd when they actually kicked a lot more. Then, as the do often, they get cocky and overuse the ball by hand get into trouble and turn it over.

With gws having only 66 interchanges for the game it's extremely dissapointing we couldn't run over them and pull away in the 4th qtr. Even at qtr time I thought of the swans game thinking "have we got the stamina to sustain this? Have gws maybe started a bit flat?". We lost the next 3/4s of the game 88 to 59. That's hugely concerning to me when GWS had 3 players go down in the game. It's also a carbon copy of the swans game. It's a pattern I don't like, and which puts into context that our performance GWS was perhaps not as good as some would like to think.

The gameplan seems to go well vs teams that idiotically over use the ball by hand. It also seems to make games a scrap fest.

Two wins vs Cats and swans had kick to handpass ratios of 1:07. GWS had 1:09. And the remainder of the losses teams have had well in excess of 1:20. And I still believe the swans had enough chances to beat us in round 3. I think we are extremely lucky to not be 1-7 at the moment.

I'm not optimistic about our chances of turning it around after the bye. I think this loss could be the loss that breaks the camels back. Massive effort to get up for this game for the Richards family, especially after the Carlton loss. And the players were clearly dejected after the siren.

With the funeral on Wednesday I'm concerned the group will not get up emotionally for the Hawks. And if that happens, the Lions game will probably be the only win before the bye.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:08 am

You can't fault the effort of the performance but given the injury situation GWS had and the fact they went through the motions in the first quarter it's highly disappointing to lose.

Still I remain largely ambivalent to the result when once I would have been gutted.

This side just does my head in and I couldn't help but ponder in the hours following whether a different coach would have got us a 4 goal victory under those circumstances or Buckley did a great job getting that performance out of them.

My gut tells me it's most likely the former and we would be getting more out of our talent with another coach but still it's sad we have shot ourselves in the foot so many times this season.

One thing I do wonder is why Buckley just doesn't seem to appreciate enough that waiting, looking for and hitting up targets inside 50 with short passes is a better plan A than just bombing it in quick and long and hoping weight of inside 50 numbers sees you win the day.

While the pressure of GWS was substandard in that first quarter I'll admit our method of going forward was far better than what we've seen for many games under the coach over the years.

To me this is probably the biggest weakness of Buckley's methodology of how he wants our side to play and a significant contributing factor to not only why we lose games of football but why ultimately it'll cost him his job.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:21 am

Missed the game live but watched it on replay when I got home.
This team really is Jekyll and Hyde
Last week completely useless this week very competitive.
Learned a couple things
Reid can't play forward all the time needed to me moved back in the second half to stop Cameron. Schade tried his guts out again but every time the ball went near Cameron he kicked a goal basically. Schade could have gone forward or taken Howes man and send Howe forward. Buckley really missed the bus on that move it was obvious.
JDG & Elliott are really a big 1-2 punch up forward. Both look dangerous
Sidey proved tonight he's a small forward not a midfielder. Why is it the majority of people on here say it but the coaching staff don't see it ? Oh and 3 goals is a great return from a small forward who barely played forward. Imagine if he played there 75% of the game. And that goal from the boundary line was the best missed pass he's ever made lol tried to centre it miss kick and bang contender for goal of the round.
Fun really straightens us up and his deft kicking is really helping
Moore needs to be cut loose to run free playing him deep in contests just doesn't work
A small mobile forward line that has players with good hands and that can leap makes sense when you don't have any good bigs. Really liked how we lowered our eyes and hit up Elliott and co 30-40 put instead of bombing away. Heck even Blair looked dangerous
Wells is silky and adds that real class we desperately need. He will on,y get better and better
If Grundy isn't the best young ruck in the game we wear pink tutus. Seriously he was the reason we dominated the first term and we competitive all night
More positives than negatives tonight
We showed effort all night and a few errors proved costly in the end but at least we had a crack and that'd important
Again this means nothing unless we don't back it up next week and show the same effort. Do that every week and we can win more games than we lose. But the only thing we can be sure of at the moment we are consistently inconsistent
Bring on next week I say
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 am

slangman wrote:
I'm not a Maynard fan because he continually commits fundamental errors.
He is a massive liability in defence because of his inability to stay on his man.

Either needs to be dropped or moved onto the wing or HFF where his attributes will be of more use whilst his errors won't be as punishable on the scoreboard.

Great games from Grundy, Sidey, Dunn.

Spot on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17   

Jump to: