Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
Well here is the test for the first time in two weeks we are not playing a cellar dweller.

So..the equation is quite simple.....if we allow the ball to fly out of the middle as we did against GWS and North (and to some extent last quarter against Melbourne) ...well we will get belted again....

Win it out of the middle use it well going forward we win.

The worry as always this season....which Collingwood Midfield is going to show up???

Willsy is the key!
Actually I'm not even joking. See how he goes with a step up in class.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:43 pm

bokka wrote:
derkd wrote:
Well here is the test for the first time in two weeks we are not playing a cellar dweller.

So..the equation is quite simple.....if we allow the ball to fly out of the middle as we did against GWS and North (and to some extent last quarter against Melbourne) ...well we will get belted again....

Win it out of the middle use it well going forward we win.

The worry as always this season....which Collingwood Midfield is going to show up???

Willsy is the key!
Actually I'm not even joking. See how he goes with a step up in class.

I would extend this to the whole midfield...we shuld only ever need the likes of De Goey in there as a bit player, and yet far too often this year he has been the get out of jail clause...(whwn he is fit)

If we can't start getting midfield in order I don't see the point in playing finals (other then to avoid giving Brissy a better pick) we are not going to do any damage.

HOT_PIES 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Looking Forward to seeing Noble back in. Whether he does a shut down on Eddie Bets or runs of the half backline, he will impress! I agree with other posters. Josh doesn't take the game on! It's confidence. Hope his getting the feedback he needs to progress to that elite level.

Wills needs to take the game on this week too! He'll cement a spot in the side if he does. Sier has given him the another window of opportunity.

I'm pretty sure Roughhead will go forward again. His 1st quarter was good last week. I can see him kicking 2-3 and great debate there afterwards.

Expect to see the Taylor Adams of 2018 this weekend. His had 3 games to get back into the mix. His primed to give our midfield the grunt it needs for 4 quarters.

Thomas, WHE and Elliot must continue to improve and put scores on the board. Wouldn't it be great to see Billy kick 4+?

Pies by 24+ points
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Glad to see John Noble in. He will play well back in Adelaide (he'll feel at home that's for sure). I hope he gets Eddie Betts because it will do his confidence a world of good playing and beating a player like that.

Pies should win, but we need to get on top early.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 pm

Looking forward to watching Wills. Our midfield has looked so much more balanced and in sync with another inside mid who can impose a physical presence at the contested ball. Wills did well last week in this respect, giving Tay Adams a much needed ally. I am hoping Wills can step up again against superior opposition to last week. He just needs to contest in the packs and tackle, both of which he has trained himself to do well at VFL level. If he can step up to the next challenge tomorrow, he will play in finals. Good luck to Rupert Wills. And good luck to Levi Greenwood on his 150th. Go Pies!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: