Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

winpies wrote:
masoncox wrote:
What really got me tonite were the fumbles.

Don't forget it gets very dewy and slippery at night there. That wouldn't help. Brisbane would be used to those conditions.

Lots of things helped brisbane lions tonight:
conditions they are accustomed to, umpiring decisions of very questionable value, but most importantly our lack of an AFL standard defence, due to personnel issues and our lack of insufficient midfield power due to the fact that we are playing so many kids, and various other reasons of a historic nature.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:27 am

^ Yes, our backs were decimated, Moore would have taken care of Daniher, Howe was sadly missed, as was Qaynor, and Pendles out goes without saying. and i thiink our kids are tiring out now a bit too, was just one of those matches nothing goes right. Noble should have played too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 am

winpies wrote:
masoncox wrote:
What really got me tonite were the fumbles.

Don't forget it gets very dewy and slippery at night there. That wouldn't help. Brisbane would be used to those conditions.

This is right on the money. Whilst I give credit to Brisbane player's skill, progressively we clearly continued to make than extra fumble and were caught out position wise, whereas Brisbane players had better body positioning to control the ball.

I liked our start, but it did seem that Brisbane would win the arm wrestle as the game wore on. Of course, the blowout isn't just because of our ball handling.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:47 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
People wanted the coach and his defensive game plan gone. People wanted to Play the Kids. People wanted to see us take risks. Well, here we are

Sadly, we still can't kick a decent score regardless of which strategy we use. While the rest of league has moved on, we are still kicking the same sorts of scores as we did in the shortened quarters of 2020. We have scored more than 100 points once in the last 43 games.

It'll take many years to clean off the Buckley stink.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:59 am

Sometimes u can only paraphrase Big AL.

Yep, yep yep yep yep yep

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:08 am

Let's hope our new recruiting team value indigenous players more than the recruiters of the past 20 years.
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 am

Tap outs-over rated. Only on rare occasions do tap outs actually hit their target and mostly when they do the player is jumped on. The tap out is not the issue the real issue is the ability of a the player to anticipate and react as most of the time players play man on man at ruck contests.

As for Grundy, he can tap all he likes, the fact is he rarely significantly impacts the game. He has no ability to take a contested mark and rarely presents himself as a target. If he wants to be "ruck rover" then he should go find another club. He is paid to be a ruckman and all that goes with that role.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:34 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Let's hope our new recruiting team value indigenous players more than the recruiters of the past 20 years.

Pass
-----
Krakouer
Wellingham
Davis (but, let's face it, he did go missing on the big stage)

???
-----
Varcoe

Fail
-----
Wells
Kirby
McCarthy
Cole
Egan
Dick
Cox
Corrie
Ugle
Yagmoor
Armstrong

Let's recruit indigenous players if they've got talent.
Let's setup programs to develop indigenous players and get them to the club.
But I think we've got bigger problems that the melanin level of the playing group.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:59 am

There’s so many people on here who have no idea about where we are at. We are at the beginning of a rebuild, we have no coach, we are at the end of the season, we are playing kids with less than 20 games experience and we played a premiership contender, what did you think was going to happen. This is going to take time and patience to fix. This is the 10 year legacy that Bucks and Ed have left us, unfortunately it’s going to take time to fix.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 am

Now that I’ve sobered up, from what I recall of the game (not heaps), it was a bunch of kids and old blokes who are limping to the end of the season. I’d rather that beating on the way to getting games into the kids than Buckleys snorefest we were dishing up.
(Sorry for my drunken dribble)

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:13 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Just got home from the game and I hope it didn’t look as bad on 📺 as it did live
17 goals to 3 from the 7th minute mark of the 2nd term
The lion kicked 17 goals in 2 quarters and 18 minutes
Just let that sink in for a while
There was a few noticeable things tonight and it shows exactly why this club needs a urgent injection of fresh ideas

The lions weren’t interested in winning the hit outs (the most useless stat in the game) they sat off and waited to see what 3ft circle around his feet Grundy tapped the ball to and swooped in and made it a disputed contest and the banged it forward as quick as possible
Grundy has hoodwinked the club with his ability to pretend he actually does anything of value. You see you pay match winners a million a year. Players like Dangerfield Martin Kelly not ruckman who scramble around on the ground trying to clean up the mess they created with there inability to hit the ball miles away from where the opposition want it. All he does is try to pad his stats with useless handballs or half hacked kicks.

The deliberately rotated Zorko Neale McCluggage on to Sidey at every stoppage he attended and watched him fumble away pick up the crumbs and then run off him. If the club had a true honesty session tomorrow he would retire immediately and save further embarrassment. He’s slower than a glacier now, has nil foot skills or vision and his leadership is non existent

I would hate to see what the score line would have been if Crisp and Adams didn’t play. Seriously they are the only 2 senior players last night to earn the money

Our much often praised defence was torn apart. So many here bang on about IQ and Noble but we had no real small quick defenders last night and it showed there real value. Murphy is useless has no game sense at all, Magden is well below AFL standard.

Any self respecting coach would think twice before taking this role.
We have a million a year tied up in the games most over rated player
Another $700k in a over the hill in slow no skilled mid who just jogs between the arcs turning the ball over
JDG for all his talent is a down hill skier when it’s tough and the hard yards need to be done he goes missing

I feel sorry for the kids there now being exposed to insipid performances that won’t have any consequences at the selection table because the players who should be made example of take up about 20% of our salary cap
Nick Daicos for all his assumed talent won’t make any difference in this team
We need to have a complete clean out starting with Grundy Sidey JDG
Trade them all as long as there wages go as well we can start fresh again in 2023 and enter free agency and get some real A grade talent in
I’ve never ever seen such a lower standard in a group of senior players than I witnessed last night

Qld, I usually appreciate your posts very much, but this is not one of them.
I don't get why you blame Grundy, when he has to be appraised in terms of the entire midfield combination. If the Lions can suffocate our mids, then of course they dont care where Grundy taps it.
Lions "had a masterplan to rotate Zorko, Neile and McLuggage "against Sidey. Well, that proves that they actually thought that maybe they should make sure Sidey was nullified.
Your comments about the defence are really quite ridiculous You say that we all bang on about IQ and Noble, but hey, latest news, neither was selected to play tonight (noble only came on after Ruscoe was injured). Howe, Moore were both missing from our "much vaunted" defence as well. Did you expect our selected defence to be brilliant tonight?

Well he was there live, gotta call them as you see them....pretty sure he meant Noble and IQ cop crap for the occasional mistake, but look at us without them
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:28 am

^ completely agree Ronnie. I kept saying this during the game. It was insane to play a fast down the guts shootout game after dropping IQ and Noble, plus Howe out. Some of the game sure but not all of it. Although it didn’t help that every time we took a mark we were called to play on before we’d even put both feet back on the ground. Saw some of the quickest play on calls ever last night
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 am

schuey07 wrote:
There’s so many people on here who have no idea about where we are at. We are at the beginning of a rebuild, we have no coach, we are at the end of the season, we are playing kids with less than 20 games experience and we played a premiership contender, what did you think was going to happen. This is going to take time and patience to fix. This is the 10 year legacy that Bucks and Ed have left us, unfortunately it’s going to take time to fix.

+ one on the rebuild - frankly I wasn't disappointed with the first quarter. We seemed to be more even over the ground, and for the first time in ages I feel we have something going on in the forward line in terms of potential.
I don't think Bucks/Ed left us holding a stinker - we were due for a rebuild.
I like to look at the last 11 years and compare ourselves to StKilda. Both contending the GF but we, in that time have been top 8 more often than not; competed in more GFs while Sainters have languished. We have done a much better job behind the scenes.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:21 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Just got home from the game and I hope it didn’t look as bad on 📺 as it did live
17 goals to 3 from the 7th minute mark of the 2nd term
The lion kicked 17 goals in 2 quarters and 18 minutes
Just let that sink in for a while
There was a few noticeable things tonight and it shows exactly why this club needs a urgent injection of fresh ideas

The lions weren’t interested in winning the hit outs (the most useless stat in the game) they sat off and waited to see what 3ft circle around his feet Grundy tapped the ball to and swooped in and made it a disputed contest and the banged it forward as quick as possible
Grundy has hoodwinked the club with his ability to pretend he actually does anything of value. You see you pay match winners a million a year. Players like Dangerfield Martin Kelly not ruckman who scramble around on the ground trying to clean up the mess they created with there inability to hit the ball miles away from where the opposition want it. All he does is try to pad his stats with useless handballs or half hacked kicks.

The deliberately rotated Zorko Neale McCluggage on to Sidey at every stoppage he attended and watched him fumble away pick up the crumbs and then run off him. If the club had a true honesty session tomorrow he would retire immediately and save further embarrassment. He’s slower than a glacier now, has nil foot skills or vision and his leadership is non existent

I would hate to see what the score line would have been if Crisp and Adams didn’t play. Seriously they are the only 2 senior players last night to earn the money

Our much often praised defence was torn apart. So many here bang on about IQ and Noble but we had no real small quick defenders last night and it showed there real value. Murphy is useless has no game sense at all, Magden is well below AFL standard.

Any self respecting coach would think twice before taking this role.
We have a million a year tied up in the games most over rated player
Another $700k in a over the hill in slow no skilled mid who just jogs between the arcs turning the ball over
JDG for all his talent is a down hill skier when it’s tough and the hard yards need to be done he goes missing

I feel sorry for the kids there now being exposed to insipid performances that won’t have any consequences at the selection table because the players who should be made example of take up about 20% of our salary cap
Nick Daicos for all his assumed talent won’t make any difference in this team
We need to have a complete clean out starting with Grundy Sidey JDG
Trade them all as long as there wages go as well we can start fresh again in 2023 and enter free agency and get some real A grade talent in
I’ve never ever seen such a lower standard in a group of senior players than I witnessed last night

If we follow your advice and trade away Grundy, Sidey and JDG we won't be contending for another five years. Last night's result looked bad. However it wasn't our best side and Brisbane were switched on at their own ground. All our first year players are going to improve next year. They are going to need the experienced bodies of those three players around them. Last night we saw several mismatches around the ground. Cameron and Daniher were allowed to run riot. Madgen on McStay is a blatant mismatch. That won't happen again.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:29 am

glasseyevfx wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

+ one on the rebuild - frankly I wasn't disappointed with the first quarter. We seemed to be more even over the ground, and for the first time in ages I feel we have something going on in the forward line in terms of potential.
I don't think Bucks/Ed left us holding a stinker - we were due for a rebuild.
I like to look at the last 11 years and compare ourselves to StKilda. Both contending the GF but we, in that time have been top 8 more often than not; competed in more GFs while Sainters have languished. We have done a much better job behind the scenes.

Where was that layer of younger players coming through last year? In 2019? Mainly I saw players like Varcoe, Reid, Greenwood, Mayne, Madgen, Thomas and a few other senior players continuing to get games ahead of our youth. And look at all the high draft picks we traded away, as for example the Beams trade. That's the legacy Buckley/McGuire/Walsh left us this year. Basically it was Derek Hine picking up the pieces in the national draft last year and Robert Harvey carrying the can of having to coach the team this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: