Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Belief

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you can possibly prove God's existence....anyway that's what faith's all about I thought.....
One thing for sure is that no matter how hard you try you cannot disprove God's existence...... and most attempts to disprove the Bible are pretty weak....

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:51 pm

how can you prove that something ISNT there? if its not there then its simply not there!

if it is there then you should actually be able to prove this, but you cant so youre all a bunch of brainwashed idiots! hahahaha
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:20 pm

i hope the rapture happens soon..maybe then you will change your mind Smile
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:39 pm

Why should we be able to prove it? One of the key messages from the Bible is that whoever believes in God will not perish but have eternal life, so if we could prove it then everyone would believe, everyone would have eternal life, and the Bible would not make any sense if that was the case.

If you had read the Bible CQ you would understand. Why not try reading it anyway? Whether you believe it or not the impact this book has had on the world is so massive it is unmeasureable. You're not even a bit interested to see what it's all about?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:53 pm

CQ wrote:
i dont believe in god, i believe in evolution and i also believe that just because we cant comprehend something, or we havent figured out how something works etc, then i dont just make something up!

If I may ask a question, have you looked at much of the info available on the creation/evoloution debate.

Dr Zuess Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:34 pm

Birdy wrote:

If you had read the Bible CQ you would understand. Why not try reading it anyway? Whether you believe it or not the impact this book has had on the world is so massive it is unmeasureable. You're not even a bit interested to see what it's all about?

Yes CQ , have a read. This is where all fairytales originated.
Has some very , very funny stuff.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:29 pm

Has some funny stuff does it Dr Zeuss? Interesting sense of humour you must have, care to mention anything in particular? Hope you weren't referring to any of the chapters on the crucifixion.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:17 pm

Yes Dr Zeuss, please ply us with your observations from reading the bible. Quoting actual passages would be lovely
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:56 pm

like i already said 'virgin' mary.
they had IVF back in those days eh? more like she was just a slut and made up some dumb story to save her arse and stupidly enough they actually believed it!

oh and i mite nip down to vietnam where i believe the latest 'virgin' mary is crying blood tears, haha funny how theyre all in LOCKED CASES.

PFFT, what a crock i cant believe ppl actually believe in that rubbish. at least im not a sheep and dont believe a little story just because all yous (the sheep) do!
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:56 pm

CQ wrote:
like i already said 'virgin' mary.
they had IVF back in those days eh?

Well I guess it would be difficult for a virgin to give birth in normal circumstances without IVF. However if you believe God to be the creator of the universe, don't you think he could perform a miracle such as this? I should also mention that with God all things are possible.

Quote:

oh and i mite nip down to vietnam where i believe the latest 'virgin' mary is crying blood tears, haha funny how theyre all in LOCKED CASES.

Yes there are fakes, in Asia you can even buy these statues off the street in many places. Whether I think real cases exist I honestly don't know, and I don't consider it to be an important part of my faith. However I'm planning on doing some reading into stigmata and those types of things, has interested me for a while.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:26 am

Jesus Was Way Cool - by King Missile

Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines

He walked on the water
And swam on the land
He would tell these stories
And people would listen
He was really cool

If you were blind or lame
You just went to Jesus
And he would put his hands on you
And you would be healed
That's so cool

He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
He could've told the future
He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could've danced better than Barishnikov
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Jesus was way cool

He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool
Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead
He rose from the dead, danced around
Then went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool

No wonder there are so many Christians

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:28 pm

Birdy wrote:
Well I guess it would be difficult for a virgin to give birth in normal circumstances without IVF. However if you believe God to be the creator of the universe, don't you think he could perform a miracle such as this? I should also mention that with God all things are possible.

yep so he threw in a few miracles of peddas, rapists, and murderers just to make things interesting eh?

Quote:

Yes there are fakes, in Asia you can even buy these statues off the street in many places. Whether I think real cases exist I honestly don't know, and I don't consider it to be an important part of my faith. However I'm planning on doing some reading into stigmata and those types of things, has interested me for a while.

well its an important part of a lot of nutters faith, lol see all the fools flocking to see it, hahaha, more like they just wanna get their church on the map!
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:55 pm

CQ wrote:
yep so he threw in a few miracles of peddas, rapists, and murderers just to make things interesting eh?

God did not originally create the world this way with murderers, paedophiles, and rapists. This happened because of our disobedience to God's wishes.

"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life" - Genesis 3:17

Quote:
more like they just wanna get their church on the map!

You could be right in some cases but I'm not sure, I don't know much about it. Perhaps they honestly believe they're doing a good thing by helping to spread the word of God and to help people believe. However I do know the Bible says that God does not want us to look for miracles and that is why I'm more inclined to disregard them.

"You know how to read the face of the sky, but you cannot read the signs of the times. It is an evil and unfaithful generation asking for a sign, and the only sign it will be given is the sign of Jonah" - Matthew 16: 3-5
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:44 pm

"God did not originally create the world this way with murderers, paedophiles, and rapists. This happened because of our disobedience to God's wishes."

ok so they were disobedient and were turned into whichever, so why involve innocent people?

id hardly call it the childs fault if theyre molested/raped by (ironically) a PREIST!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:48 pm

CQ, CQ you couldnt go more than 1 post without being offensive or sinking to the lowest common denominator. As for your constant referance to peddas and rapists and the like, why do you continualy blame God for the sins of man? You ar efailing to recognise that we are all responsible for our own actions so dont continue to blame God.

You keep making references to the crazy things the church does like bleeding statues and pedda priests but once and for all understand that these are traits of the catholic church which is not a true christian religion but in fact the bible refers to her as the whore of revelation, the mother of harlots and a habbitation of devils.

Catholicism has idols, icons, popes, priests, oriclular confesion and the mass. Bible based christianity has none of these things.

Now CQ it is very obvious to me that you do in fact believe in God as one cannot hate someone so much as you do without believing in them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15   

Jump to: