Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#47,#11 Jarryd Blair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
We've already had the definitive claim—mere months before October 2010, mind you—that we couldn't win a premiership with Ben Johnson in the side.

Thompsoc is kind of like a reverse Oracle of Delphi.

yeah but i got o'bree and lockyer right!

Johnston only lasted a little while after 2010.
and blair would fit well as a new amigo

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:32 pm

No you didn't. You couldn't possibly know either now or then with 100% certainty that we would have lost the 2010 premiership with O'Bree or Lockyer in the side. What we do know is that you were wrong about Johnson. That's not 2/3, that's 0/1 and a couple of educated guesses that remain nothing more than that.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:09 pm

I don't question Blair's effort, endeavour, and fitness at all. That's been self evident from day one. I do question the efficiency of that output. Because of his size about one tackle in four sticks. He isn't a long nor accurate kick. His marking ability is somewhat limited also. Nor is he particularly quick. He has "grunt" some say. At the top of his game, circa 2010, that helped make him an effective player. Now playing well below his best, he becomes a peripheral contributor. "Grunt" is not a sufficient factor to keep someone in the team if there are viable replacements coming through. If there are not, then where are our developing mid range players? All we seem to have are small sized kids and a few talls. If that is what is coming through, then the football department wears the blame for continually fixating on recruiting undersized young running/midfield types primarily.

Blair has reached a hundred games so that's good for him. Not many can say that they have that under their belt. Whether he goes onto make another hundred remains to be seen.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 pm

thompsoc wrote:
I love a good argument
i see the stooges are rushing to the baracade.
Makes life interesting.

No you don't.

I've provided factual evidence to counter your dribble and you just walk away.

What you love is mindless negativity.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:39 pm

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I love a good argument
i see the stooges are rushing to the baracade.
Makes life interesting.

No you don't.

I've provided factual evidence to counter your dribble and you just walk away.

What you love is mindless negativity.

And seemingly attempting to structure every post in a poetry like format...
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:45 pm

David wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Well,Jack,i mean Collie dog,i can remember when Malthouse was coach he would play Leigh Brown continually even though he would get five possessions or less in a game and have no impact on the game.He would also recruit duds from the West Coast eagles like Chad Morison and Andrew Williams,and play them for years before finally discarding them after belatedly realizing that they were no good.

He always played favourites with certain players,just as Buckley is doing with Blair right now.They're both as bad as eachother in that regard as far as i'm concerned.

But to suggest that Buckley tolerates mediocrity,while Malthouse never did,is blatantly untrue and a clear re-writing of history to serve your own purposes.

Most of us will recall Jack bagging Malthouse at every opportunity and promoting Buckley as the saviour not all that long ago. He has no credibility on this topic.

For the thousandth time. Collie Dog is NOT Jack Spain! As I recall it Jack was a big supporter of Bucks. Any fool can see that I think Buckley has stuffed this club down the proverbial ****hole! Evil or Very Mad

Oh but I was wrong about one thing in my original post on this thread. Blair got three possessions last week, not five. Razz Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 pm

collie dog wrote:
David wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Well,Jack,i mean Collie dog,i can remember when Malthouse was coach he would play Leigh Brown continually even though he would get five possessions or less in a game and have no impact on the game.He would also recruit duds from the West Coast eagles like Chad Morison and Andrew Williams,and play them for years before finally discarding them after belatedly realizing that they were no good.

He always played favourites with certain players,just as Buckley is doing with Blair right now.They're both as bad as eachother in that regard as far as i'm concerned.

But to suggest that Buckley tolerates mediocrity,while Malthouse never did,is blatantly untrue and a clear re-writing of history to serve your own purposes.

Most of us will recall Jack bagging Malthouse at every opportunity and promoting Buckley as the saviour not all that long ago. He has no credibility on this topic.

For the thousandth time. Collie Dog is NOT Jack Spain! As I recall it Jack was a big supporter of Bucks. Any fool can see that I think Buckley has stuffed this club down the proverbial ****hole! Evil or Very Mad

Oh but I was wrong about one thing in my original post on this thread. Blair got three possessions last week, not five. Razz Rolling Eyes

you doth protest too much, jack.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
collie dog wrote:
David wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Jack Spain was a big supporter of Bucks until about round 1 2012, after which he sniped, nit picked, bitched, moaned and pined for the return of MM. Strangely enough he largely did the same for the duration of MM's tenure as coach as well.

It wouldn't matter who was coaching and how we were going Jack/Collie still wouldn't be happy with it.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
collie dog wrote:
David wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Jack Spain was a big supporter of Bucks until about round 1 2012, after which he sniped, nit picked, bitched, moaned and pined for the return of MM. Strangely enough he largely did the same for the duration of MM's tenure as coach as well.

It wouldn't matter who was coaching and how we were going Jack/Collie still wouldn't be happy with it.

And he's besmirching the memory of the beautiful Shelby.
Enough with the facade, just put that picture of Humphrey Bogart back up and be done with it......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:42 am

Congratulations to Jarryd Blair for reaching 100 games and obtaining a new two year contract in the process!

I don't think Blair's been a great player at all this year and he certainly has his limitations as a small player but the one thing that can't be questioned of him is his effort, endeavour and his commitment to give 100% to the club and for that I'll always support Blairy even if that makes me a 'club plant' supposedly.

Well done Jarryd and let's hope you play a blinder against the Lions tonight! Very Happy

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:47 am

King Monkey wrote:
Enough with the facade, just put that picture of Humphrey Bogart back up and be done with it......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I think it was actually Chips Rafferty, not Humphrey Bogart but you still made me laugh though Laughing Laughing Laughing

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:59 am

Jezza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

I think it was actually Chips Rafferty, not Humphrey Bogart but you still made me laugh though Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Spaniard used both at different times.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 am

Jezza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

The Spaniard used Bogart and Rafferty at different times. He would have liked to have used Alastair Clarkson or The Chief I suspect but that might have been too much of a give away.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 am

Jezza wrote:
Congratulations to Jarryd Blair for reaching 100 games and obtaining a new two year contract in the process!

I don't think Blair's been a great player at all this year and he certainly has his limitations as a small player but the one thing that can't be questioned of him is his effort, endeavour and his commitment to give 100% to the club and for that I'll always support Blairy even if that makes me a 'club plant' supposedly.

Well done Jarryd and let's hope you play a blinder against the Lions tonight! Very Happy

Well said, but he's bloody out of form ATM, not unlike most of our middle tier players.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

The Spaniard used Bogart and Rafferty at different times. He would have liked to have used Alastair Clarkson or The Chief I suspect but that might have been too much of a give away.

I would have thought Richie Vandenberg could at least have gotten a guernsey. Or Tony Woods, just to keep things ambiguous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 9 of 43   

Jump to: