Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley just loaded himself in the media gun, lose this week and there hand will be on the trigger
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:35 pm

If we don't come out firing this weekend, it will be proof that the players and coaching staff are on different pages.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:37 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
Buckley just loaded himself in the media gun, lose this week and there hand will be on the trigger

It depends on the circumstances of the loss rather than it merely being a sign of winning or losing determines Buckley's future.

I don't think this match would be the killer blow for him, but if we lose to Essendon or Carlton (or both) then we might pull the pin. An important next month is coming up for the coach who needs to stem the bleeding sooner rather than later.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 pm

In reality wins against last seasons cellar dwellers will only provide a short term release of pressure but a loss or losses will carry substantially more negative weight.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
Medieval wrote:
John Wren wrote:
in: sidey, varcoe, broomhead
out: blair, williams, de goey.

JW, DeGoey needs to stay in the side. If you think anything differently, I'll disregard anything further you post on Nick's.

that's your prerogative. no skin off my nose. it's just an opinion. i don't believe he has played well and could benefit from a week in the vfl. it's lower risk ommitting him than a cloke. tell me why you would retain him?

I think you're being a bit harsh on the kid, JW.
Here are his AVGs for 2016:

15.6 Disposals
1.33 Goals
4.33 Tackles
3 I50
2 Clearances
6.66 Cont. Poss.
86% Disp. Eff.

Those are pretty decent stats for a kid who is due to play his 20th game this week. For mine, he stays in the team.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 pm

DP
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:56 pm

I'd play Degoey across HB, he's a big lad and he can actually kick, his defensive skills won't be an issue because you don't need them in this side.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Medieval wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Medieval wrote:
John Wren wrote:
in: sidey, varcoe, broomhead
out: blair, williams, de goey.

JW, DeGoey needs to stay in the side. If you think anything differently, I'll disregard anything further you post on Nick's.

that's your prerogative. no skin off my nose. it's just an opinion. i don't believe he has played well and could benefit from a week in the vfl. it's lower risk ommitting him than a cloke. tell me why you would retain him?

I think you're being a bit harsh on the kid, JW.
Here are his AVGs for 2016:

15.6 Disposals
1.33 Goals
4.33 Tackles
3 I50
2 Clearances
6.66 Cont. Poss.
86% Disp. Eff.

Those are pretty decent stats for a kid who is due to play his 20th game this week. For mine, he stays in the team.

no worries. am only going on what i have seen. the numbers are good but i've just seen a few things he can do better. he's not an island on that front.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:31 pm

If Collingwood lose this game and Buckley still has a job on Monday morning then you can only assume that Stephen Kernahan is actually running the Collingwood Football Club.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:33 pm

^ now there's an idea. let's conscript kernahan to replace eddie.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Melbourne and the Dogs went past us last year (amongst others), Saints this year, every game this $£$%^%%$ parrot coaches us is a kick in the guts, Melbourne by 5 goals.

hasn't taken you long to revert to type. really thought you might have changed over the off season sugarman.

I decided to give him a fair go, and I did, but after 3 pathetic performances enough is enough.

what's a fair go in your book? please don't ever become the fair work ombudsman. Wink

For a coach into his 5th season, after 3 games and we seem to have gone backwards again, fair enough of a go for ya?

It''s been the same clueless Buckley coaching performance since 2012. There is no shame in wanting an end to it.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:20 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
No one wants Bucks to fail

Totally disagree and you will know this as a fact if you have been reading the pages of posts here. There ARE a few Buckley haters here who desperately want him to fail. Lets be honest guys. Rolling Eyes

This is where you just don't get it Lazza.

There would be only a very small number of posters who wanted Buckley to fail. Go back to when he was appointed to see who wanted him to fail from the outset.

What you are reading here is posters who have come to the realization that Buckley has failed.

I called his appointment a mistake at the time and am happy to stand by that opinion now. I would have loved to be proved wrong but there you go. It would have been great if he had succeeded. However I've never liked seeing us go backwards from success, seeing the same clueless game plan, seeing the poor skills that never seem to improve, seeing the repeated poor player management, seeing us lose, It's been painful to watch. I take no comfort in it at all.

On next week's game I think we have a fair chance of winning it. Vince out is major loss for them. Cloke often plays well against Melbourne. However He shouldn't be played in the ruck again. It's about time that failed forward/second ruck experiment was put to rest. If the back-line can show some cohesion and hit a target or two, we are a chance to win this game.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:34 pm

John Wren wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
IF we can shut down Vince and step on Gartlett's foot early on in the game. His pace is a worry for our backman , Sinclair, Varcoe or Aish could go with him I doubt Toovey can catch him in a foot race

mrp has done the work for you with regards to bernard.

Yes indeed. Vince gone for 1 week is a big loss for them

Toovey should be the first player picked in my view. If not for Garlett for his experience, tackling & capacity to initiate play.

Broomhead has only had that one game last Sunday.

I'm tempted to include Cox just for the heck of it.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ now there's an idea. let's conscript kernahan to replace eddie.

Stand by your man JW and show the world you love him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm still in Buckley's corner, but no-one can doubt that his position will become untenable if we continue with this poor form for much of the season.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 9 of 27   

Jump to: