Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on Cox. White was just ok and Moore looked terrible - i think he had three falcons on the night. Maybe once Elliot gets back we go with just Moore and half a dozen small forwards - we cant go any worse.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Just back from the game and have quickly read through the comments here.

My thoughts are as follows:
- we picked the wrong side, Cox should have been out for a small,
- we played the premiers of 2016 and lost by 14 points. We had our chances and like a number of times in the past our skills let us down. This is very disappointing. However, full credit to the Dogs defence. The number of times they smothered, bumped, went 3rd man up and harassed us inside our forward 50 was first class. This contributed to some of our skill errors, but our players also contributed to our skill errors.
- Buckley can't coach I read. I was at the game and I didn't see him on the field kicking or handballing between the opening siren and closing siren of each quarter. If the players had executed their skills better we win the game, this loss has absolutely nothing to do with Buckley.
- if we produce what we produced tonight for the rest of the season, we will more games than we lose in 2017.
- I have been told on this site by multiple posters that Blair is best 22, especially if we have injuries. I was told that based on his JLT form he deserved a game. I was told that players had to earn their spot from Blair. To borrow a line from Terry Wallace, if I read any of this absolute and utter rubbish again I am going to spew up. He is no longer an AFL standard player and has not been for 18 months. He needs to be removed from the side now and not play again in 2017. I don't care if we play someone who is not ready like Daicos or Brown, they are likely to give us more than Blair does anyhow.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Get wells Elliott and the tank DeGoey in that lot and we can beat almost anyone. Selecting cox was the difference.

Yeah lets get JDG back!
but we rubbed him out for another 3 weeks after 4 weeks of hand problems.
Well that's an own goal boys!
Why do I bother.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:37 pm

We won all the key stats, except on the scoreboard.

Disposals = Pies 431-392 Dogs
Inside 50s = Pies 62-44 Dogs
Clearances = Pies 43-25 Dogs
Contested Possessions = Pies 161-135 Dogs
Hit Outs = Pies 50-25 Dogs

The dysfunction of our forward line is still a constant concern, and I felt playing an extra tall in this match meant that the Dogs were able to rebound of the defensive 50 with relative ease on frequent occasions.

The defence also remains a worry in terms of how it copes with a counter-attack from the opposition, so there's plenty to work on in this regard.

Our midfield was excellent and dominated the Dogs with assistance from Grundy in the ruck. Bucks and the coaching staff need to find a way to have a functioning forward line and defence, because the midfield will be clearly the key for us this year if this isn't rectified.

In the end, we lacked composure and class to defeat the Dogs. We made some baffling errors at crucial stages of the match and it felt like we were playing catch-up footy all night.

There's still plenty to be cautiously optimistic about and it's not a defeat we should feel despondent about. This was far from the debacle we witnessed in round 1 last year.

Very important that we beat the Tigers next week with the aim of curbing Dustin Martin's influence on the game. Richmond will have the benefit of an extra day's break, but hopefully that doesn't affect us too much.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 pm

We have a losing culture people. Have done since Bucks took over. Some coaches have the magic. Some managers in organisations have the magic. Most don't. Bucks falls into the later category. What more can we do to win? We smashed them in every key statistical indicator? Our average points against is a major concern (including JLT series). Get used to respectable loses in 2017.

They were always gonna win. It's the same shit I been saying for at least 18 months. We found amazing ways to lose to swans at scg in 2015. And that's when I said enough is enough. FFS we been here many times before. We are going nowhere.

Winning Culture is developed from the top down. Some coaches have "it" and most don't... Bucks don't have a $£$%^%%$ clue.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 pm

mooretreloar wrote:

- we played the premiers of 2016 and lost by 14 points. We had our chances and like a number of times in the past our skills let us down. This is very disappointing. However, full credit to the Dogs defence. The number of times they smothered, bumped, went 3rd man up and harassed us inside our forward 50 was first class. This contributed to some of our skill errors, but our players also contributed to our skill errors.
- Buckley can't coach I read. I was at the game and I didn't see him on the field kicking or handballing between the opening siren and closing siren of each quarter. If the players had executed their skills better we win the game, this loss has absolutely nothing to do with Buckley.
- if we produce what we produced tonight for the rest of the season, we will more games than we lose in 2017.
- I have been told on this site by multiple posters that Blair is best 22, especially if we have injuries. I was told that based on his JLT form he deserved a game. I was told that players had to earn their spot from Blair. To borrow a line from Terry Wallace, if I read any of this absolute and utter rubbish again I am going to spew up. He is no longer an AFL standard player and has not been for 18 months. He needs to be removed from the side now and not play again in 2017. I don't care if we play someone who is not ready like Daicos or Brown, they are likely to give us more than Blair does anyhow.

Dear Mooretreloar, I enjoy reading your commentary. I learn alot from it. You clearly have an excellent understanding of the game, and by reading your comments, I feel that I understand our team better.
I don't think however that you have ever said before that Blair was not AFL standard for 18 months. You said that he would be selected if we had injuries.
But i do think that tonight's game was a clincher. His terrible decision making, combined with the obvious limitations of his ability, made him a liability on our forward line. You cannot carry liabilities against the reigning Premiers. I think this game has indeed drawn a line under Blair in our team going forward.
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:53 pm

derkd wrote:
500k a year on a guy like Mayne did not show enough at Freo to suggest the money was warranted.

and as i sdaid at the time 500k a year on Wells at 32 as injured as he is....gee he is going to have to play out of his skin when he gets back .

Put Wells in and we win that game.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
We have a losing culture people. Have done since Bucks took over. Some coaches have the magic. Some managers in organisations have the magic. Most don't. Bucks falls into the later category. What more can we do to win? We smashed them in every key statistical indicator? Our average points against is a major concern (including JLT series). Get used to respectable loses in 2017.

They were always gonna win. It's the same shit I been saying for at least 18 months. We found amazing ways to lose to swans at scg in 2015. And that's when I said enough is enough. FFS we been here many times before. We are going nowhere.

Winning Culture is developed from the top down. Some coaches have "it" and most don't... Bucks don't have a $£$%^%%$ clue.

Welcome back KM
It really is simple isn't it.
Trouble is I reckon we will make the 8.....but go nowhere and all the Bux lovers will go...look we are improving!!!!!
But against good sides we will fall like we did tonite.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Dear Mooretreloar, I enjoy reading your commentary. I learn alot from it. You clearly have an excellent understanding of the game, and by reading your comments, I feel that I understand our team better.
I don't think however that you have ever said before that Blair was not AFL standard for 18 months. You said that he would be selected if we had injuries.
But i do think that tonight's game was a clincher. His terrible decision making, combined with the obvious limitations of his ability, made him a liability on our forward line. You cannot carry liabilities against the reigning Premiers. I think this game has indeed drawn a line under Blair in our team going forward.

Thanks for the feedback Magpietothemax. Agree, I didn't say before that he hasn't been AFL standard for 18 months. I think what I saw tonight is no different to what I have seen in the last 18 months and this cystallised in my mind tonight, hence the comment.

I did say in the Blair thread that he wasn't in our best 30 players in 2017 if everyone is available his name shouldn't see the light of day at selection. Unfortunately, due to injuries to Elliot, Wells, Greenwood, and De Goey, combined with interrupted pre seasons for players like Broomhead and Langdon and Scharenberg having so little footy in the past few seasons, I had to concede he was going to get a game round 1. This is extremely disappointing for the club because we need to move on from him to get better and if Broomhead was ready enough to be named emergency, he should have been selected before Blair and would have given us more than Blair did tonight.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:13 am

thompsoc wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Welcome back KM

It really is simple isn't it.
Trouble is I reckon we will make the 8.....but go nowhere and all the Bux lovers will go...look we are improving!!!!!
But against good sides we will fall like we did tonite.

This I fear as well.

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 am

Yes third degree
I reckon we are not far off.
But there is just this barrier that seems to be impossible to jump.
I watched over summer the 2010 prelim final and the 3010 GF
Such poetry in motion was our team.
But lately we look like desperate try hards who get stuck in the mud.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 am

thompsoc wrote:
Yes third degree
I reckon we are not far off.
But there is just this barrier that seems to be impossible to jump.
I watched over summer the 2010 prelim final and the 3010 GF
Such poetry in motion was our team.
But lately we look like desperate try hards who get stuck in the mud.

I don't share your optimism. I can't see us making top 8. I said it last year. StK, Melb, Suns, Richmond and Essendon are all ready to push for maybe 2 spots in the top 8. And we are in that mix with a fwd line spear headed by Mayne and White??? Honestly.

Having said that Dogs didn't even move into 2nd gear tonight. We threw the kitchen sink at them. Give Ross Lyon this list and at least we aren't allowing high scores being leaked.

We have a list that can't hit targets. Have done forever. Two coaches, Malthouse and Matthews, figured out how to maximise potential out of the list and win flags... The other coaches didn't... our game plan don't suit the list we have and never has under Buckley....

Prove me wrong Bucks. Shut me up and win a final, and then a flag. Do it mate
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:14 am

12 Goals on the overlap vs 0 goals to Cox!!!!!

1 mark vs 18 balls targeted at him where the ball races out quicker than it came in.

Cox is certainly our second best ruckman and will be a more than suitable replacement for Grundy if he gets injured BUT.....

ARE WE DONE WITH THIS EXPERIMENT YET!!!!

Elliot in for Cox next week.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

i am Blair's biggest defender, but tonight there were maybe a dozen times when i think we get goals if someone like Sidebottom instead of Blair was touching the ball at the time Blair was touching the ball. at least i give Blair credit for getting to the contest. and at least we dont get killed on the overlap when he fails (unlike cox).

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:25 am

It was a very poorly balanced side.

When Aish went out, a like for like in Broomhead would have been selected.

They also should have dropped Cox and replaced him with Mayne.

As for the game itself, nothing from 2016 to 2017 has changed.

Treloar is a gun but giving over two Top 7 picks has really compromised our list and the KPD and KPF holes that exist will remain for a number of years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22   

Jump to: