Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Talking about a Brown has reminded me of Phillips running back with the flight of the ball and getting pummeled. GUTSY.

Think his dad has a bit to do with how he plays. 😉 like father, like son.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Suggestion further up that Tom Phillips needs a run in the 2’s????

Surely a pisstake.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Anyone thinking it was going to be a walk in the park doesn’t know much about footy. ...

you mean 99.9% of punters and the like.

Pretty much.

Well, the betting thread shows it was more like 60% of the punters (well, 60% of the punters' money)... but yes, the Pies were heavily favoured.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
the essendope facebook page 'the sash' makes for good reading at the moment.

Ahahaha, let me amble on over & have a squiz shall I?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Early season games are always tough, especially ANZAC clashes.

Anyone thinking it was going to be a walk in the park doesn’t know much about footy. Four points banked, we live to fight another day.

you mean 99.9% of punters and the like.

Pretty much.

do you want to add analysis or a view about a team as good as Collingwood are compared to essendrug without bias so I can be comfortable knowing we didn't **** up on game day tactics or selections for example.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 pm

I couldn't watch the game, but I just watched a replay of the final quarter. Anyone likening this to last year's Grand Final because we could hardly score after half time is so wrong. There is a fundamental difference: we won this time. I thought it was a dour, magnificent victory, the kind of win that forges the team together. It is the kind of win we want to have during the season, to steel us for September. So often in the past, we would have let games like that slip. Langdon hasn't been mentioned much in the game thread, but i'd just like to mention how good he was in that final quarter. Some of his efforts were just crucial in preventing the opposition from scoring. And he is just such a competitor. He was just devastated when Baguely was given that pathetic free against him.
Pendlebury in that last quarter was at his best, his disposal under pressure was utterly amazing.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Agree with all of this MTTM. Yes, Tom Langdon was excellent in the last quarter.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:32 pm

tom Langdon was good all match
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
... Anyone likening this to last year's Grand Final because we could hardly score after half time is so wrong. There is a fundamental difference: we won this time. I thought it was a dour, magnificent victory, the kind of win that forges the team together. It is the kind of win we want to have during the season, to steel us for September. So often in the past, we would have let games like that slip. ...

Well, I think we won a game last year (was it the second game against Essendon late in the season?) that was similarly close...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Damien wrote:
Settle people. If we were on the wrong end of that umpiring display we would have embarrassed ourselves much more. They were emotional and rightly so. It wasn’t against Pendles, it was anger against the umpires. We won and we take the 4 points and move on.

Agreed. We nearly managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wonka wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

No one has yet mentioned Greenwood. If anyone is not up to it, it’s Greenwood. The game has passed him by, it has for a while.
Every other player who has been bagged in this thread showed a bit at various times in the game. Levi, not so much.

Did Levi play on Shiel?

Greenwood was personally responsible for a two-goal turnaround our way in the third quarter. He’s not one of my favourites but I thought he stood up when it counted.

He was good in the second half when he played on the half back line. Not sure where he was playing in the first half because I thought he was woeful.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
We just banked four points against reasonable opposition but once again the priority is bagging the usual soft targets and always by the same “ supporters “ with the same agendas.
No one has yet mentioned Greenwood. If anyone is not up to it, it’s Greenwood. The game has passed him by, it has for a while.
Every other player who has been bagged in this thread showed a bit at various times in the game. Levi, not so much.

I disagree with you on Greenwood and thought he earned his promotion today. Solid and was important at times for us.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:53 pm

A very gutsy win against a team playing their grand final. If our finishing had been a bit better we would have won this game by 3-4 goals, so the result was a well deserved win. It was Pendles' best game for a couple of years and hopefully it shows he's got plenty more in the tank.

At decisive moments I thought JDG was a match winner, both up forward and in the centre. Down back we were very well served by Moore and Howe. Surprisingly, Mihocek was quiet after a very good first quarter.

Our main weakness, and one which I've been banging on about since early last year, is our clearance rate. With such a dominant ruckman, and with the apparent midfield quality at our disposal, we should be monstering teams in this area, but it is where we are struggling. I'm not sure if its size and inside grunt we need or outside speed, but either way, we should be winning clearances, but we are not. I'm not sure where our improvement will come from as there is not much in the ressies to look to, apart from possibly Sier, who seems to be a few weeks away anyway.

Overall, however, it was great to get a win in such a big game against a team which threw everything at us. Can't wait to get Billy Elliott back in the side, but let's all enjoy this win for a while first. Go Pies!
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:54 pm

"Where are my frees?! I didn't duck!"

K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
A very gutsy win against a team playing their grand final. ...

Nicksters claim this about all our opponents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: