Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie again. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
If we really want to whinge why wasn’t the goal overturned when IQ touched the ball, it appeared his fingers went back, we would have still have been 4 goals up.

IQ said in a radio interview after the game he lied and that he didn't touch the ball at all. Said he would lie to win the game, but after the game said 'he's not a liar' and he definitely did not touch the ball
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Courageous and brilliant effort.
ths team is based on systems
Every player selected at senior level understands his role in the sytem.
What was shown tonight, is that our debutansts, coming in from the VFL, fully understand what their role in the sytsem is.
Kudos to our development program at VFL level
We are creating players who, with no AFL experience, can come in and play at the required level.
Victory tonight was stoen from us by shocking umpiring.
A purely technical free kick for giving the ball back to the wrong player resulting in a Freo goal, and no technically there 50 m penalty to Bruzza (to even up the score) resulted in their ability to even the score.
We can draw confidence from the amazing levels of talent that we have created in the VFL.

Agree. After a couple of days processing, I agree. I don't think we can underestimate how much we are struggling without a fit and healthy list.
I like the kids and reckon that game was a great learning curve for them. Who can blame them for wanting to slow things down when half the team is 100% stuffed and you're 25 pts up with 7 mins to go.
We get two points and now we move on.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:23 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Tony Shaw: Matthew Nicholls’ free kick was ‘over the top officiating’
https://www.3aw.com.au/tony-shaw-matthew-nicholls-free-kick-was-over-the-top-officiating/

He's my man! Very Happy
Boot 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:30 pm

That prick of an umpire let his ego sway his decision to "get back at Collingwood" after Sidebottom didn't hand him the ball back. Terrible umpiring and umpire Nicholls should never be allowed to umpire another Collingwood game.
With 10 minutes to go being 25 points up in a low scoring game, Collingwood should have won however injuries and a terrible decision got us in the end and cost us a win and to be honest we were lucky to get a draw after the Fremantle player missed a pretty gettable goal to get the point that drew the game.
I'm impressed with the form shown by Harvey Harrison who looks to be a player of with terrific future potential. Joe Richards has really surprised me and is performing well in his role of a pressuring forward. Will Parker looks to have the "right stuff" to make a player and should be a lot better with a pre-season or two behind him.
Ed Allan looks a real chance to be a great player to me. I think it's in Collingwoods benefit to get as many games into Allan asap. He is a classic footballer who will be better for playing at the high level.
I've been a great fan of Beau McCreery for a long time, but he just hasn't been able to build his endurance and he gets caught out when he has to expend some high intensity effort for more than 30 seconds. This lack of endurance is common for powerful explosive players and thoughts of playing McCreery in an on-ball roll should be shelved until he shows he has developed his tank to enable him to do the gut running required. In the meantime having him as a high pressure small forward suits his physical condition and he has a touch of brilliance that should help Collingwood win games if he is managed correctly.
Lachie Sullivan is a good battler but I fear there are good reasons why he wasn't drafted earlier in that his finishing work isn't good enough. Apart from being the unfortunate player involved with that ridiculous umpiring decision he had two opportunities to kick goals that good footballers take and those two misses, along with poor shots at goal by Mihocek, Shultz, Frampton and even Nick and Josh Daicos, cost us the game as much as that terrible umpiring decision.
Coming up against Footscray at the horrid Marvel stadium this coming week with all our injuries will be a very hard task. which makes the lack of an extra 2 premiership points from this game even harder to take.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:31 pm

I watched Craig’s presser after the game and the calm plus positive approach was interesting
I am sure he doesn’t dwell on the result and rub it in —he knows that they know their errors in general play but is more about what things they did right

Talks more about Joe Richards an Charlie Dean rundown tackles
Or Harvey,s good play And Parker’s delivery to Bobby to set up a goal

He’s a unique person our coach

think better 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 3:05 pm

Now we have to start worrying about our percentage!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:50 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I watched Craig’s presser after the game and the calm plus positive approach was interesting
I am sure he doesn’t dwell on the result and rub it in —he knows that they know their errors in general play but is more about what things they did right

Talks more about Joe Richards an Charlie Dean rundown tackles
Or Harvey,s good play And Parker’s delivery to Bobby to set up a goal

He’s a unique person our coach
The modern-day coaches focus on the positives. The days of openly ripping into players are long gone.
K 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Culprit wrote:
Shultz will have a blinder against his old team.

Sadly not... Crying or Very sad

Hoped after Noble showed him the way in his 100th game, that he could step up. He didn't...

neil wrote:
Anyone else notice how much like Noble Richards looks?

Media sure noticed. Coupla weeks ago, the live blog on Fairfax had a spot-the-difference post with their pics. And BT got them mixed up in commentary.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:22 pm

^ BT is always getting people and facts wrong. The man's severely intellectually challenged, but then so is Richo, and when they are on together, oh dear me.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:27 am

At the risk of bringing it up again, I thought the footage On The Couch was instructive. They clearly showed Nichols getting shitty with Steele for leaving the ball on the ground beforehand so no surprise he cracked. I wasn’t so upset about this whole thing until I saw that footage.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 12:56 pm

piffdog wrote:
At the risk of bringing it up again, I thought the footage On The Couch was instructive. They clearly showed Nichols getting shitty with Steele for leaving the ball on the ground beforehand so no surprise he cracked. I wasn’t so upset about this whole thing until I saw that footage.

Totally unprofessional from the maggot. His huge ego took over any sense he had and played a part in his audacious decision. However you can only learn from a mistake if you first admit to making one, and why mistakes are repeated is because both the umpire fraternity and the AFL rarely if ever learn from mistakes. A vicious circle that is frustrating to most supporters.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 1:42 pm

K wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Shultz will have a blinder against his old team.

Sadly not... Crying or Very sad

We technically, his last kick at goal looked like the kick of a blind person.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: