Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the last movie you watched?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksisgod wrote:
but Penelope Cruz in lingerie is very visually pleasing.

I find that Penelope Cruz in just about anything is very visually pleasing. Laughing

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Bran Nue Dae.

Really enjoyed it. Ernie Dingo, Missy Higgins, Jessica Mauboy, Geoffrey Rush and a sensational Kombi.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
Bran Nue Dae.

Really enjoyed it. Ernie Dingo, Missy Higgins, Jessica Mauboy, Geoffrey Rush and a sensational Kombi.

Me too. I saw it as a live musical in 1993. It is even better as film, probably because of the quality of the cast. Ernie Dingo has to be one of Australia's greatest comic actors.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 am
Post subject: Re: whats the latest movie you watchedReply with quote

Kingswood wrote:
what happened to daves old movie thread? anyways i think we should have a running thread to discuss latest movies you've seen, recommendations etc..

im about to watch 12 angry men. will post thoughts later...

Great film.

One of my favourites of all time is "All about Eve" Written & Directed by Joseph Mankiewicz - When women played strong roles & clever dialogue to match. Sharp, intelligent & some great acting - Bette Davis amongst others.

Another is Sunset Boulevard with William Holden, Gloria Swanson & one of my favourite directors Billy Wilder - fabuluous film.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am

Dr Pie wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
Bran Nue Dae.

Me too. I saw it as a live musical in 1993. It is even better as film, probably because of the quality of the cast. Ernie Dingo has to be one of Australia's greatest comic actors.

I'm looking forwrd to seeing it. My wife & saw it as a musical god knows when - years ago - when it was in Melbourne & the musical was great fun then. We had a kombi for many years until a P plater rear ended us in a brand new work V8 ute & he was on the fu..'n mobile. Our car died in 2002 or 2003 b/c of him.

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:18 am

last night i was in the mood to watch jungle book again. never gets old. dont know what it is, but the whole movie is perfect. i watch it at least once a month lol

tonight i think ill watch "do the right thing" before bed.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 am

Saw "Law Abiding Citizen" the other night and found it fairly entertaining.

It was one movie I walked out off thinking they should have made it longer and in doing so could have avoided the silly Hollywood ending, but never-the-less I was still entertained.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

I watched 'Closer' the other day for the first time. Starring Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Roberts and Clive Owen.

It's my sister-in-law's fave movie, so she made me watch it. I was sooooo lost. It fast forwards in time without saying that it has. So, I was like 'Wait, she's his wife now? What the? When did that happen?' And Abbey would be like 'Keep up, Alyssa. It has fast forwarded a few years now!" I'm so lucky I didn't watch it alone at the movies. I would have been so lost.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the movie was lol. Can anyone tell me? Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 am

i think i saw that once, cant remember much of it.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:10 am

Just saw Pedro Almodovar's Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!. Perverse, morally questionable, but a lot of fun.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:48 pm

I finally went and saw Avatar today. The plot was fairly straightforward and the "message" was as blunt as a sledge to the Jatz Crackers, but it was very impressive visually. James Cameron is one heck of a filmmaker.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 am

Dark Lord wrote:
I finally went and saw Avatar today. The plot was fairly straightforward and the "message" was as blunt as a sledge to the Jatz Crackers, but it was very impressive visually. James Cameron is one heck of a filmmaker.

I have to say I'm a fan of the new 3D technology which was definitely more engaging than normal special effects. At least now watching crap movies will be more like drinking bad wine than decaf coffee Smile
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 am

pietillidie wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:

I have to say I'm a fan of the new 3D technology which was definitely more engaging than normal special effects. At least now watching crap movies will be more like drinking bad wine than decaf coffee Smile

I must admit that I was a bit of a skeptic when it came to 3D, mainly because I've always had trouble with the traditional 2-coloured lens 3D. But, yeah, I'm sold on this new 3D technology, too.

sharrod_theiceman Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:39 am

Miss_Lisey_Molloy wrote:
I watched 'Closer' the other day for the first time. Starring Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Roberts and Clive Owen.

It's my sister-in-law's fave movie, so she made me watch it. I was sooooo lost. It fast forwards in time without saying that it has. So, I was like 'Wait, she's his wife now? What the? When did that happen?' And Abbey would be like 'Keep up, Alyssa. It has fast forwarded a few years now!" I'm so lucky I didn't watch it alone at the movies. I would have been so lost.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the movie was lol. Can anyone tell me? Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

that is an amazing movie, i love the spray clive owens character gives julia roberts when he finds out she's been cheating.

It's worth another watch alyssa, you might enjoy more the second time around

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah that was pretty funny. He was being all nice and them BAM! He went psycho haha!

Perhaps I will have to watch it again lol

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
Page 10 of 240   

Jump to: