Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Clarke ahead of Seedsman - WTF?

Great Story for Dwyer Thpugh

I thinks Seeds is injured so not really overlooked. It's a no brainier now if Reid doesn't come up. Heading to training with my boy tomorrow so will update after that if there's anything worth noting.

Well that would explain it

Would be the only thing that explains it

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 am

Really starting to get toey now!! Cant wait for the first bounce.

I think we have a pretty good side in, especially if Reid comes up, and I'm very confident of victory.

I'm not taking any notice of the game against them late last year. I think we may have had a few "issues" at the time, which I don't think we have now. I can see a 6-8 goal victory coming up.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:34 am

I know the world is filled with optimism before rd 1, but i think this is a game we'll likely drop.

We dont play the dome well and our side is unsettled. Might even have an eye on next week already... who knows?

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 am

Hey all, just got back from training. Both Reid and Seedsman trained. Reid appeared to have a fitness test in the ba k half of the session and had what appeared to be heavy strapping on his knee/thigh. Precautionary perhaps.

Boys seemed upbeat but you'd want to be for the first game of the year.

Interesting to see the contrast as Melbourne also had a run on an adjoining field. I don't think there would have been 10 people watching them.... And probably 100 watching us!

Go Pies... Can't wait for tomorrow... And can't believe the crap games on today..

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm

^^Crap games? It's never a crap game when Brisbane are being smashed.

A little concerned to see Dwyer in the team to be honest. I expect he'll play as the sub, but it is a sign we were struggling to field a team this week (some underdone players in the team as well).

We are definitely undermanned whereas the Roos are missing very little. This will be a tough game for that reason alone. As with any first round game though, it is always difficult to know where any team is at - just look at the results so far.

So, I'm definitely not confident, just hoping we can come through with the win.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:30 pm

A little surprised Clarke made the 22. I know he played all the pre season, but I don't think he's up to it.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Rick wrote:
A little surprised Clarke made the 22. I know he played all the pre season, but I don't think he's up to it.

I thought he looked to be putting in a bit extra effort during the NAB Cup like saying he wanted to be in it. But, yeah, not sure he's up to the standard of our best 22.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

A little concerned to see Dwyer in the team to be honest. I expect he'll play as the sub, but it is a sign we were struggling to field a team this week (some underdone players in the team as well).

We are definitely undermanned whereas the Roos are missing very little. This will be a tough game for that reason alone. As with any first round game though, it is always difficult to know where any team is at - just look at the results so far.

If the Dogs v Brisbane turns you on.... well... you're easily please!! Smile

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:26 pm

MattyD wrote:
Rick wrote:

I thought he looked to be putting in a bit extra effort during the NAB Cup like saying he wanted to be in it. But, yeah, not sure he's up to the standard of our best 22.

I'm a bit surprised that Seedsman isn't in the side. Have I missed something?
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:28 pm

MattyD wrote:
Rick wrote:

If he's not fit I understand, but why Seedsman isn't ahead of him is beyond me?! Even Frost, I think we are a tall defender short going in against the kangas.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

If the Dogs v Brisbane turns you on.... well... you're easily please!! Smile

Always good to see the Lions lose.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel a little bit flat going into this match, and I don't just feel confident that we'll win. I have no doubt that if we play to the best to our ability, we're a better team than North Melbourne, but we have a few players missing and our pre-season form wasn't very good in the last two weeks, but Brisbane today proved that the NAB Cup isn't a good indicator of making predictions for round 1 matches, so my lack of confidence may not be justified after all.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing how our new boys perform, so that includes Lynch, Russell and Dwyer. I'm happy to see Reid in the side as we desperately need him in the defence.

The things that we need to improve on from last year is our kick-outs and our tackling pressure in the attacking 50. If we can address these two things, and we see an improvement tomorrow in both aspects of the game, then I'll be happy to say that we're progressing beautifully under Buckley.

This is a game of unknowns, and it's hard to say who will win. Will North Melbourne beat us again like they did last year, or we will be rejuvenated and ready to stamp our authority on the season early on. I can't say I'm confident in us winning comfortably, but I think we may just do enough to hold on.

Pies by 2 goals Smile

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 am

Pies by 33pts
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 am

Jezza wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I feel a little bit flat going into this match, and I don't just feel confident that we'll win. I have no doubt that if we play to the best to our ability, we're a better team than North Melbourne, but we have a few players missing and our pre-season form wasn't very good in the last two weeks, but Brisbane today proved that the NAB Cup isn't a good indicator of making predictions for round 1 matches, so my lack of confidence may not be justified after all.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing how our new boys perform, so that includes Lynch, Russell and Dwyer. I'm happy to see Reid in the side as we desperately need him in the defence.

The things that we need to improve on from last year is our kick-outs and our tackling pressure in the attacking 50. If we can address these two things, and we see an improvement tomorrow in both aspects of the game, then I'll be happy to say that we're progressing beautifully under Buckley.

This is a game of unknowns, and it's hard to say who will win. Will North Melbourne beat us again like they did last year, or we will be rejuvenated and ready to stamp our authority on the season early on. I can't say I'm confident in us winning comfortably, but I think we may just do enough to hold on.

Pies by 2 goals Smile

i agree with most of what you have written. i am expecting a 3-4 goal loss. i think their ball movement will be too quick for us.

strangely, i am more looking forward to how melbourne and port go today.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 am

Jezza wrote:

Pies by 2 goals Smile

Pre season form wasn't good last two weeks because they played all kids in Nab 3 & the cats game was a scratch match, nothing more. We were pretty good in W.A when we had a weaker team than this selected. We showed that our press can still be tough to penetrate when everybody is switched on. Our class will prevail. Pies by 5 goals. Surprised there is quite a bit of negativity going into round 1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: