Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Krakouer Magic wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Yes third degree
I reckon we are not far off.
But there is just this barrier that seems to be impossible to jump.
I watched over summer the 2010 prelim final and the 3010 GF
Such poetry in motion was our team.
But lately we look like desperate try hards who get stuck in the mud.

I don't share your optimism. I can't see us making top 8. I said it last year. StK, Melb, Suns, Richmond and Essendon are all ready to push for maybe 2 spots in the top 8. And we are in that mix with a fwd line spear headed by Mayne and White??? Honestly.

Having said that Dogs didn't even move into 2nd gear tonight. We threw the kitchen sink at them. Give Ross Lyon this list and at least we aren't allowing high scores being leaked.

We have a list that can't hit targets. Have done forever. Two coaches, Malthouse and Matthews, figured out how to maximise potential out of the list and win flags... The other coaches didn't... our game plan don't suit the list we have and never has under Buckley....

Prove me wrong Bucks. Shut me up and win a final, and then a flag. Do it mate

Glad to see someone else noticed it, all tnis rubbish, kick straight we win, injury prone hack plays we win...

The Dogs had the easiest night of their lives, they took whatever Collingwood had and just did enough to win comfortably, Collingwood never looked like winning and the Dogs were never losing, everytime it got close they went bang bang, back in front comfortablyl They played like a premiership side should in rd1.

Play this way next week against a hungry and determined Tigers side wanting to make a statement and prepare to be thumped. If Dusty had anywhere near the freedom Murphy or Johansien were given he will collect 40+ touches
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:06 am

Buckley's post-match comments:

Frustration of not obtaining the 4 points, despite dominating key stats:
Quote:
"There was a lot to like. There was a couple of areas where we could have improved our use inside forward 50 which was not ideal. They were able to get it out of our forward line a little bit too easily and scored a little bit from it as well by the end. That aspect of the game is on your boot so at least we were in positions to finish, but we didn't do it often enough".

Thoughts on the midfield:
Quote:
"You can rank midfields however you wish. There's also how many you put in there and who because midfields are probably 14 of the 18 players on the field at any given time so you have to cut it off at some point. You can cut it off to get us number one, or you can probably open it up to 4, 5 or 6 which is about probably where we are. Clearances and contested ball were a real positive and that is a real strength of the Bulldogs traditionally, but we controlled that aspect of the game, but our use cost us in transition".

Issue of the last kick entering the forward 50 and lack of conversion:
Quote:
"We could have kicked a little bit straighter at goal. We missed a couple of opportunities. We had 59 inside 50s and kicked 12 goals and we've been going at it better than that. Credit to the Bulldogs back six. Dale Morris and Easton Wood don't give you uncontested marks in your forward 50 if you're kicking the ball any longer than 35 or 40m. We were not able to pinpoint those targets, and quite often, we put the ball in positions that made it really hard to defend when we missed those kicks. So the decisions are right if the execution is right. The decisions are wrong when the executions are wrong, so it's hard to coach that, but we got a lot right and we just needed to hit more targets".

Thoughts on Darcy Moore and the forward line:
Quote:
"He had his chances. Often we had targets there to hit, but didn't hit them and we didn't take a grab until late. We rotated our talls off the interchange a little bit more from about 15 minutes into the 2nd quarter so we were sharp enough at ground level in our forward line. We would have liked to have kicked to advantage a little bit better even with our longer entries. The forward 50 contests, aerial and ground, when we got it right, we looked dangerous and we scored and we defended well and when we didn't it looked like we got exposed".

Consideration of bringing in Broomhead instead of Mayne to replace Aish:
Quote:
"Yes we did [consider Broomhead], but Mayne was next up. He performed his role pretty well. The balance of our forward line was not an issue for us once we rotated that tall off, and we actually got a little bit of advantage with a little bit more legs in the ruck position as well"

Thoughts on Ben Reid and the defence:
Quote:
"Reid was ok. Our back six were ok. The times we got done was when a Bulldogs midfielder or winger sweated on our poor entries and were able to get out the back, and there's a little bit of a domino effect. We were happy with the way we structured up and set up. We gave more scores from our front 50 than we would have liked, but we put that largely down to use. Reid has had a really strong pre-season and he's only going to get better and better given he's coming off that PCL and it's been a tremendous effort for him to get up for round 1".

Thoughts on Tom Phillips:
Quote:
"Phillips was pretty good. I thought that you're not going to find yourself in many hotter situations than playing the Bulldogs. You might have sides that match it, but you very rarely are going to have face that sort of heat around the ball. Tom is still finding his way through that. He's still finding the pace of the game with only 7 games of footy. He runs hard, he gets into the right positions, he makes pretty good decisions defensively and offensively, and he's had a really strong pre-season so he should get some sort of confidence out of that game heading into the rest of the year".

Is tonight's match a good platform heading into the Richmond match?
Quote:
"In many ways, it's a missed opportunity for us as we cannot get those points back. But, if that's our brand and that's the way we play, we will win a lot of games of footy. We'll lick our wounds and turn our attention forward to Richmond who were pretty good last night and we'll throw up a different set of challenges. The fact that we played them 3 or 4 weeks ago, we probably know each other a little better than we would otherwise, but we're looking forward to that challenge".

The chances of Jamie Elliott playing against Richmond:
Quote:
"We're not discounting him. He would be probably less likely than likely [to play]. He's missed so much footy. He played less than half of a game against Essendon, and he's been pristine with his back and conditioning, which has been pristine, but apart from that, we'll make a judgment call as we get further in"

How he feels about the balance of the forward line and whether it's the ideal structure:
Quote:
"It's pretty much what most forward lines look like. We've scored more effectively through the JLT [series] than we did tonight. I think we scored around 50% for the 1st, 2nd and last, but we scored at 20% in the 3rd for 18 inside 50s and two goals, so it was really that period, 15 to 20 minutes in the third quarter where we owned field position and went inside, but couldn't connect".

Thoughts on the "big" squad of midfielders having a greater impact on the scoreboard:
Quote:
"We didn't have a big squad of midfielders today. We really only had five. Sidebottom, Treloar, Pendlebury, Crisp and Adams that rotated through there more often than not. We get pinch hits out of Varcoe, pinch hits out of Blair and we were looking for Aish to do a little bit of that. We were probably much the same as three weeks ago against Richmond. We went in a little skinnier through the midfield than we think we're going to for most part of the year, but we've got to keep developing that. De Goey, Greenwood and Wells will make a difference. All those boys are clearly on their own path and we need to get them back as soon as possible because we're not going to be relying on five blokes to do that work".

Thoughts on the fallout involving Jordan De Goey:
Quote:
"Young kid, who made a couple of errors in judgment. One that was on the Friday night and one that was on the Monday morning. He will learn a lot from it, but he's a good kid who made bad decisions so we have a plan in place for him. It's an opportunity for him to grow and learn and we will keep providing that for all our players and staff, not just Jordy. He said himself that he's got a little bit of ground to make up for the decisions he made".

What do we need to do to beat the top 8 sides that we've lost to narrowly both late last year and tonight?
Quote:
"More consistency. There's elements of the game that we did really well and if that contested ball, pressure and our back half use was pretty good. Forward half use was not as good and our clearance work was pretty strong. If we persist and become more consistent in our application of the way we want to play, then we will be a better team. We're four quarters in, we probably had a lull for about 10 or 15 minutes in the third quarter, but apart from that we were pretty close to the way we wanted to play the way we played for the whole game. We faced an opposition that is rated with the most momentum and they're bulletproof at the moment even early this year, so we were able to comeback a couple of times and showed that we stood up for the most part of four quarters, but we need to do that more often".

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2017-03-25/full-postmatch-magpies

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 am

Was a Rose/Sutton medal presented?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:27 am

Some simple observations:

Our forward line was congested all night whilst theirs was mostly open

as a consequence they smashed us on the counter attack

We were up on a lot of the key stats, it was our skill errors and their efficiency that killed us.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:40 am

The_Staunton wrote:
Nothing ever changes

Ever...

Same old...

Dogs were bold in changing their coach from McCartney to Beveridge

Meanwhile we...

Ah, my heart isn't in it after 5 years of this

Oh Man do I ever feel ya!
We shoulda beaten the premiers, I thought we would, but we were beaten yet again by the one thing that ensures we'll only ever succeed once or twice in most peoples lifetime.

Did ANYONE, anyone at all, think the umps were completely fair and impartial? If so, u weren't watching, so watch again. Look at where & when, as well as what for & how often. If u don't have Foxtel u can watch it on the AFL site next week.
But that ain't the problem!

Does anyone anywhere in the cosmos feel that the side which was 12th the last 2 years should be playing both the premiers & runners up in the first 3 weeks? Or that we should play all 4 Prelim finalists PLUS the premiers of the previous 3 years by round 9? (also each of our first 9 opponents beat us last year.) In an era where the 8 don't change much - if at all - after Rd 6 that is death.

But that aint the Problem!

Does ANY ONE AT ALL still believe that having the longest injury list for a SIXTH straight year is just bad luck/coincidence? Really? Anyone? I can't find any instance of it happening for even 3 years to any club ever.

But that aint the problem either!!!

Does anyone wonder why we are the only side holding on to a coach who is clearly the worst coach theres been in 40 years, the only 5 year coach who has won less games every year, and very obviously is totally useless on match day? While ALL the sides who have swapped coaches have risen?

But No, that still aint it!

Does anyone else wonder why our kicking for goal gets worse each season?

Sorry, still not the problem

These are all so ridiculously obvious the ONLY people Ive ever met anywhere who doubt any of these things are the few remaining Tru... er, Buckley fans here at Nicks.
Now were getting closer! The above are all ridiculous, but they are symptoms.

The disease is US! Go read the match thread for Fri night, it is truly horrifying reading! Half of our players get mercilessly bashed, abused, and ridiculed by COLLINGWOOD supporters. Our list is BETTER than Footscrays, and anyone else, but they can't win when they are starting with 5 or 6 problems Footscray just don't have!
A shit draw
A shit coach
Biased umpires
Shit kicking
3 or 4 best 22 blokes injured, and more!

We are nothing like Brisbane, the Goldy, StKilda or Carlton. None of them have winners in every line, none of them have the best midfield In the game (don't take my word, The AFL.com site rates us #1, all others vote us 1 or 2) None of them have 3 great tall forwards, 2 of the best small forwards AND one of the best young rucks. Our 'terrible' backline has some great kids and good experience.

The Dogs had their very best 22, and played extremely well. Tonight they would've beaten pretty much anyone. The only real difference between tonight and the 2016 GF is that they weren't underdogs. That means that our best side playing their best would've won, or come close to winning that GF if we were in it.

Does everyone know how lowly we are rated by the footy world? The 18 captains met last week & were asked to name the 7 clubs besides their own, would make the 8. Collingwood managed zero votes... that's NOT ONE VOTE out of 126. All 17 clubs give us no chance of playing finals. None of the pundits or commentators have us in their 8, almost all have us finishing 10-16.

How could anyone think that after how highly much of our list is rated & we just played our 6th pre-season game on the trot where we were in front at the final siren? If you told me we'd nearly double Footscray in clearances I would simply have asked how much we won by.
I will guarantee that if Wells played & DeGoey didn’t f**k his hand to which WE added 3 games We would be the talk of the game having just downed the Prems.

Does anyone see it yet?

Why do we miss set shots?
Confidence.
Why do we turn the pill over so much?
Confidence
What do we NOT have?
Confidence

WHY NOT?

US. Collingwood supporters. We have a symbiotic relationship to our club where we are an Albatross around their necks & they are a really heave Albatross around ours.
We expect to lose. We expect Collingwood to lose. And of course both things happen every time.
If you knew the history of our club over the last 50 years as well as I do you'd know that it's one of in-fighting, self-penalising (the 3 match DeGoey penalty is just the latest injury to our bullet-ridden feet and a PERFECT example of Collingwood self-loathing). We constantly dump great players, we constantly bitch about the AFL, the umpires, the draw, you name it, but we NEVER EVER do a damn thing about it. We don't like change, we want it to be 1928 again.
Its as though we're still paying & apologising for the 1920's when the whole football world learned to hate the word:

COLLINGWOOD

So how did 2010 happen?
Remember the Geelong Prelim? Remember the chant?
THAT is how. We were positive, we had a coach who was changing the game, innovating, our President was treating the fans & members like they had brains, and WASN’T getting bent over the desk 7 dry fist-f**ked by the AFL, and WE were out there screaming our heads off, backing our players, and copping shite from no one, the result of all these things & more?

Confidence.

A Confident Collingwood would've won by 25-30 tonight. As it was, with all the disadvantages we won every area but the scoreboard & even there we scored more often.

Look at Nicks these days, it isn't a place for Magpie fans to congregate & revel in our greatness, past present & future, like it was 10 years ago, it’s a place to troll & pick fights, to show how divided we are with seemingly nothing in common.

We will either change... big time, or we will spend another 20 years in the wasteland like we did in the 60's & 70s when we played finals nearly every year, with some of the greatest names ever to pull on the great gurnsey, for no reward.
I guess many people think the fans have little effect on the games, but if you were at some of the games I was at in the 70's you'd know better!

We ARE the biggest & best in the game, have been for a hundred years, but if we think & behave like duds, we'll get the rewards duds get. If we think & behave like the best there's ever been and demand to be treated like it, marching on AFL house & camping outside Eddies mansion if need be, and going along and screaming TEN times louder than those Richmond wankers, and telling Bucks in our thousands to start behaving like a COACH on match day, and taking RESPONSIBILITY for our performances instead of just describing them then we WILL, I will bloody guarantee it, get the rewards DUE to the best there is!

SO BLOODY DO IT!

Seeya out there Thurs night!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:22 am

A lot of supporters are delusional.

Buckley can't coach.

The sycophants probably want the club to give him a 5 year extension.

We a mediocre with him as coach. Nothing will change except our membership numbers going south.

themonk 

Some observations:

1. We need a defensive general, our guys give 100% but find themselves out of position regularly. Although Goldsack and Schade did well I still think Dunn is better suited to such a role. This needs to be sorted next trade period, with or without Bucks.

2. Skills need to improve, however it is round 1 and we are comparing ourselves to the premiers who are running on a wave of confidence (remember what we were like early 2011?).

3. Big mistake at the selection table, playing Cox against a side who's best attribute is their ability to run the ball out of defence is suicide.

Game against Richmond is huge!
DT 

Jezza wrote:
We won all the key stats, except on the scoreboard.

Disposals = Pies 431-392 Dogs
Inside 50s = Pies 62-44 Dogs
Clearances = Pies 43-25 Dogs
Contested Possessions = Pies 161-135 Dogs
Hit Outs = Pies 50-25 Dogs

The dysfunction of our forward line is still a constant concern, and I felt playing an extra tall in this match meant that the Dogs were able to rebound of the defensive 50 with relative ease on frequent occasions.

The defence also remains a worry in terms of how it copes with a counter-attack from the opposition, so there's plenty to work on in this regard.

Our midfield was excellent and dominated the Dogs with assistance from Grundy in the ruck. Bucks and the coaching staff need to find a way to have a functioning forward line and defence, because the midfield will be clearly the key for us this year if this isn't rectified.

In the end, we lacked composure and class to defeat the Dogs. We made some baffling errors at crucial stages of the match and it felt like we were playing catch-up footy all night.

There's still plenty to be cautiously optimistic about and it's not a defeat we should feel despondent about. This was far from the debacle we witnessed in round 1 last year.

Very important that we beat the Tigers next week with the aim of curbing Dustin Martin's influence on the game. Richmond will have the benefit of an extra day's break, but hopefully that doesn't affect us too much.

Excellent post. The issue that I see unlike the media pundits as posing the biggest problem for the Pies manifested itself large last night. An unbalanced forward line that doesn't capitalise on the wealth of opportunities provided to it. We have overwhelming power now and should have won that game with an average forward line. But we are so far below average it is a crying shame. This is a huge knock on our stupid recruiting policy which took a talented idiot in JDG and overlooked Peter Wright. If we had 2m Peter we would be one key defender away from being s top 4 prospect. Hine and Co should hang their bloody heads in shame for not observing tried and true principles about list building. StK - McCartin Bruce Carlisle - Melb - Hogan Weideman McDonald x 2 - Collingwood - Moore .... crickets. We are going to miss the boat on a tilt at the top 4 or higher because we don't have the experienced talls at the time of having a top ruck and midfield. HUGE problem!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 am

Fixed clearance's up but no clear winning talls

Not that their transition was good to them

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:06 am

Just watched the game again and some things really hit home.
Our poor kicking is the single worst part of our game.
If we kicked straight at goal we win, if we hit our forward targets we missed so frequently we win, if we stop missing targets in our back half we win.
Simple improve our kicking to a consistent AFL standard we win

Players like Varcoe Maynard Blair miss to many targets to often.
I love Maynard's grunt and the way he goes about it but his disposal it beyond bad at times. Varcoe's experience should mean something but last night again he missed more targets than he hit and that's not acceptable.
All those usual suspects hammering it's all Bucks fault go watch the game again. We won every stat of importance except the one that counts the score board.
His plan worked last night we had every chance to win the game. If he was passing the ball or kicking it for goal himself we would have won and win easily. He can't be held responsible for players making such horrible skill errors.
There drilled at training but it seems in the heat of battle some just have brain farts and fail to perform at a decent level consistently.
While watching the game I noted we looked OK structurally until we turned it over cheaply and the Bulldogs employed one or 2 players from the wing to quickly run towards goal hoping the ball come in. Maybe we need to employ a stay at home defender instead of pressing so high with all our defenders.
Also just a strange thought occurred to me.
Could we use Mayne's tackling skills in the midfield for a while ?
Next week I would love to see him in the rotation used on Martin. Martin likes to run free and get soft touches outside. Someone like Mayne (in rotation with others) could stop that real quick by tackling into submission.
Blair can't play next week simple. He just doesn't bring anything positive to the team. Broomy at least has some extra pace and is a far better kick.
Sidey's first half was what we need each week from him. He was awesome and kept us alive. He offers so much when deployed inside our attacking 50 very smart football her on him (yes I know some will choke on there morning coffee reading me praise him but credit where it's due folks)
Overall as many have said our poor kicking cost us a game we could have won.
Next we we get the chance to redeem ourselves and we had better bring more our kicking boots

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 am

I'm surprised about the comments re: more direct football. We hugged the boundary line pretty much all night which allowed the Dogs to get the numbers back they needed to make our forward line congested.

Not much changed from 2016. Mid field did great, backline struggled against the turnover and forward line was poor.

I said before our attitude to pursuing premierships is summed up by choice of developing Cox in the AFL and not the VFL. If it's good marketing and sells jumpers, then that's more important than results.

Collingwood focusses on the income statement rather than the ladder.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:13 am

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Just back from the game and have quickly read through the comments here.

My thoughts are as follows:
- we picked the wrong side, Cox should have been out for a small,
- we played the premiers of 2016 and lost by 14 points. We had our chances and like a number of times in the past our skills let us down. This is very disappointing. However, full credit to the Dogs defence. The number of times they smothered, bumped, went 3rd man up and harassed us inside our forward 50 was first class. This contributed to some of our skill errors, but our players also contributed to our skill errors.
- Buckley can't coach I read. I was at the game and I didn't see him on the field kicking or handballing between the opening siren and closing siren of each quarter. If the players had executed their skills better we win the game, this loss has absolutely nothing to do with Buckley.
- if we produce what we produced tonight for the rest of the season, we will more games than we lose in 2017.
- I have been told on this site by multiple posters that Blair is best 22, especially if we have injuries. I was told that based on his JLT form he deserved a game. I was told that players had to earn their spot from Blair. To borrow a line from Terry Wallace, if I read any of this absolute and utter rubbish again I am going to spew up. He is no longer an AFL standard player and has not been for 18 months. He needs to be removed from the side now and not play again in 2017. I don't care if we play someone who is not ready like Daicos or Brown, they are likely to give us more than Blair does anyhow.

Dear Mooretreloar, I enjoy reading your commentary. I learn alot from it. You clearly have an excellent understanding of the game, and by reading your comments, I feel that I understand our team better.
I don't think however that you have ever said before that Blair was not AFL standard for 18 months. You said that he would be selected if we had injuries.
But i do think that tonight's game was a clincher. His terrible decision making, combined with the obvious limitations of his ability, made him a liability on our forward line. You cannot carry liabilities against the reigning Premiers. I think this game has indeed drawn a line under Blair in our team going forward.

i am Blair's biggest defender, but tonight there were maybe a dozen times when i think we get goals if someone like Sidebottom instead of Blair was touching the ball at the time Blair was touching the ball. at least i give Blair credit for getting to the contest. and at least we dont get killed on the overlap when he fails (unlike cox).

You're blaming the wrong guy E. Cox was poor in the forward line. Well, Moore was poor in the forward line too. So why don't we drop both Cox and Moore next week? That would be ridiculous. Moore got better as the game went on. He's still got a long way to go. Cox just had a poor night but the Bulldogs backs were really good. On the other hand you praise Blair for getting to the contest. Well, if you're playing on the half forward line and the ball is kicked towards you, you are now at the contest! The idea is you're supposed to do something with the football! I remind you we had almost double the forward entries that the Bulldogs had so don't you think our half forwards are going to be at the contest? Please stop making excuses for players who aren't up to it.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:17 am

thompsoc wrote:
Yes third degree
I reckon we are not far off.
But there is just this barrier that seems to be impossible to jump.
I watched over summer the 2010 prelim final and the 3010 GF
Such poetry in motion was our team.
But lately we look like desperate try hards who get stuck in the mud.

Thompsoc, we were poetry in motion in 2010, but we were not in 2009 (I think we were 3/8 after 11 rounds). Few things in this world come to those who want success instantly. If Buckley does not bring us success this year he goes, and I am fine with that. What will it take in terms of results this year for you to admit he is ok ?

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 am

We are becoming like Richmond. Mediocrity seems to be acceptable.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:20 am

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Just back from the game and have quickly read through the comments here.

My thoughts are as follows:
- we picked the wrong side, Cox should have been out for a small,
- we played the premiers of 2016 and lost by 14 points. We had our chances and like a number of times in the past our skills let us down. This is very disappointing. However, full credit to the Dogs defence. The number of times they smothered, bumped, went 3rd man up and harassed us inside our forward 50 was first class. This contributed to some of our skill errors, but our players also contributed to our skill errors.
- Buckley can't coach I read. I was at the game and I didn't see him on the field kicking or handballing between the opening siren and closing siren of each quarter. If the players had executed their skills better we win the game, this loss has absolutely nothing to do with Buckley.
- if we produce what we produced tonight for the rest of the season, we will more games than we lose in 2017.
- I have been told on this site by multiple posters that Blair is best 22, especially if we have injuries. I was told that based on his JLT form he deserved a game. I was told that players had to earn their spot from Blair. To borrow a line from Terry Wallace, if I read any of this absolute and utter rubbish again I am going to spew up. He is no longer an AFL standard player and has not been for 18 months. He needs to be removed from the side now and not play again in 2017. I don't care if we play someone who is not ready like Daicos or Brown, they are likely to give us more than Blair does anyhow.

Dear Mooretreloar, I enjoy reading your commentary. I learn alot from it. You clearly have an excellent understanding of the game, and by reading your comments, I feel that I understand our team better.
I don't think however that you have ever said before that Blair was not AFL standard for 18 months. You said that he would be selected if we had injuries.
But i do think that tonight's game was a clincher. His terrible decision making, combined with the obvious limitations of his ability, made him a liability on our forward line. You cannot carry liabilities against the reigning Premiers. I think this game has indeed drawn a line under Blair in our team going forward.

i am Blair's biggest defender, but tonight there were maybe a dozen times when i think we get goals if someone like Sidebottom instead of Blair was touching the ball at the time Blair was touching the ball. at least i give Blair credit for getting to the contest. and at least we dont get killed on the overlap when he fails (unlike cox).

Sums it up well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 10 of 22   

Jump to: