Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Suns. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Damn it’s at the MCG? I was hoping we could get some sun and sand in our Instagram.

Are a certain player's bare-chested Instagram pics not enough for you?
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
We need to stop our collective depression and see that the galls is half full. We're here to emphasize the postive and eliminate the negative.

The massive injury toll and Stephenson's stupidity provides "us" with an opportunity. In fact a friggin' enormous opportunity.

Just I'm not too sure what the opportunity actually is. Sad

To rise above the doom and gloom and approach the crisis exactly as you just suggested.

Accept the challenge and as Buckley often says, no use despairing about stuff we can't control.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Remember 3 yrs ago the Bulldogs had a terrible run with injuries, but got back most of their key players (except their captain) just in time for the finals. They just managed to fall into the 8 and went on to win the flag from outside the top 4. Just saying. Cool
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Robbo has officially declared that we cannot win the flag this year. Now that is excellent, because it means officially that there are no expectations upon us.
free from the weight of expectation, with a long and many would argue terminally debilitating injury list, circumstances have conspired to create a very similar situation to last year, when we played wild and free. I am not ruling us out yet.

Gee Robbo! Going out on a journalistic limb there!

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:11 pm

West Coast says hi Knobbo sorry Robbo.

Also fully supportive of the club holding the line on injuries. Screw everyone else. Hold as many reviews after the season. The 22 on Sunday will be good enough.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:11 am

Anybody worried about our appalling home record? This match reminds me of the match against Freo at the G, except for we have more injuries and are playing worse and we all know what happened in the Freo game.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:00 am

Yeah, but Freo then were much better than Gold Coast now. I watched a bit of their game against Essendon on Sunday – the Suns were brave, but crumbled under the slightest pressure (an otherwise mediocre Essendon kicked 6 goals in something like 5 minutes at the end of the third term).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Anybody worried about our appalling home record? This match reminds me of the match against Freo at the G, except for we have more injuries and are playing worse and we all know what happened in the Freo game.

I was thinking about that Freo game too just yesterday, but sadly, it was from the view of my current streak of pessimism. I was thinking how we virtually lost the 4 points because of the failure to pick up Chris Mayne's touch off the boot for a Freo goal. This could have huge ramifications as we fight for a place in the eight.
Hmmm.....I think I need some footy-free head space for a while!!! Laughing Laughing
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Remember 3 yrs ago the Bulldogs had a terrible run with injuries, but got back most of their key players (except their captain) just in time for the finals. They just managed to fall into the 8 and went on to win the flag from outside the top 4. Just saying. Cool

Yes I do remember. An amazing finals run.
Unfortunately, if you believe in fairytales this may not be the club for you.
On the other hand, if you believe in heartbreak...
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:49 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

IT's the near misses that are hardest to take, especially when we should have won - eg 1970 and a couple since. Being a perpetual cellar dweller like GC is not so hard, you're just bad not tragic. Last year wasn't fun but at least we were outsiders. Def that pain would be erased if this team does snag one in next 3 or 4 years so that could be seen as more or less a rehearsal. But in 3 years prob too many stars will be past their peak. So might only leave this year and next before a rebuild.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:53 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Bulldogs supporters would have said exactly the same thing in the weeks leading up to that amazing premiership.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 pm

See on FB that we may well have only 27 players to select for Sunday,s game
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm

It's probably beyond the realms of possibility, but I wonder what would happen if a club ever got down to fewer than 22 fit players? Would the AFL grant them an exemption to select an undrafted supplementary player, as they did with Essendon at the start of 2016? Or would they just have to name an injured player to sit on the bench for the whole game?
spirit-of-alby 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm

David wrote:
It's probably beyond the realms of possibility, but I wonder what would happen if a club ever got down to fewer than 22 fit players? Would the AFL grant them an exemption to select an undrafted supplementary player, as they did with Essendon at the start of 2016? Or would they just have to name an injured player to sit on the bench for the whole game?

When it comes to injuries at Collingwood, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

As to your question: that's a good question...

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Yep let us take from a pool of players from sides not featuring in Finals ( tell Baz he’s dreaming 🤪)
1st one Patrick Cripps

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: