Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Postmatch v Power.It's late, but comments here pretty please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasnt trying to bag tarrant at all.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:33 pm

Well shit Will id hate to see what u would say if u really were bagging him Confused

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lones37 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:19 pm

Yet again we were shown up in areas that last year were our strong point. Our ruck work is just not up to scratch, perhaps MM needs to think again on his thoughts about ruckman, FFS we get slaughtered every week! Our accountability in the midfield has been non existent this year, little wonder teams run off streaks of 5 and 6 goals with that supply coming down. Cant really be too harsh on defence, need to stop easy free flowing uncontested possesions in the midfield.

I also think it would be dumb to drop Cole, that is how kids become great players, by learning lessons like that. That is not where the game was lost, supply is where we are getting killed. We are genuinely a team lacking confidence, spark and intensity. We have at least 12 players terribly out form, the worrying ones being pebbles, Lones and Molly. For the life of me i cant understand why Rupe isnt in the side. Lonie is played out of position every week, and it is hurting us.

The sad thing is we should win the next 5, we will probably lose at least 2 of those on current form. These weeks will decide our year.

Last edited by lones37 on Sat May 31, 2003 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Colin Alexander Leo

The great man and I

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:45 pm

Firstly id like to mention my glee at posting my first official post. I like to pay tribute to past diabolical rejects, hence my user name. Im sure they have hepled our cause along the way at some point in time, and this is my way of saying thanks!!

Now i'll unleash my absolute disgust at how Taz was treated by the umps. If anyone tells me that Paxman was responsible for nullifying the great man, then they can suck shit!! I reckon there must've been about 5 times at least, that Slaxman had his mouldy, pasty arm around his neck, with the umps being completely oblivious to it. Im not saying that it would've changed the course of the game considering how Taz's kickin was last night, but mate, pay the man his dues for christs sake!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:00 pm

Just to let you know that Colin was a very good player down in Tasmania, he was never good enough for the AFL. Seeing as Ive seen him play mostly every one ofn his games for Clarence, he started as a Glenorchy junior before going to Clarence and then Collingwood.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:21 pm

In BJ's defence I would like to say that it was Shaw who conceded 3 goals on Cocky.

Also Wanganeen is an astonishing player and the only guy I respect in their team. Not one of his 4 opponents could stop him.

McKee as I have said before is no longer of value to our team. Josh has to learn to ruck 4 quarters and Rocca must come in to relieve him at times.

Simple fact is our midfield in general was smashed in the third. We can pick on the little things that happened, but the reality is our midfield lost us the game.

Licuria got toweled up by the ex-N.melb youngster after half time.

Woewodin has not convinced me at all this year. Even when he wracked up heaps with no opponent in Adelaide.

Burns has been consistently our best with Buckley.

Considering our two big forwards kicked NO GOALS, I am impressed that we did not lose by over 60 points.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:22 am

being at the ground you get a better view and how we played.Port were more cleaner in there take and disposal of the ball than us they also managed to set up the free man in space more times than us, you could'nt see this on tv some times the port players were 10-15m in the clear.

Rocca- had a quiet game i dont think you can drop him as he is a target for us in the foward line but he needs to lift and gets som consistancy going

Lokan-tagged gavin neverseen played serviceably just wondering if he has a right foot though has pace but always tries to run around onto his left this is not sanfl reserves level, i think worth peservering with these run with roles

Obree-not playing well i reckon a stint(1-2) at willy on the ball for a whole game will get his confidence back we need him firing as he is a vital running player

Molloy-Needs to bust more heads make a fear factor for opposition defenders like he did when he first arrived that fight in the 3rd qtr got his game going.

Cole-bit harsh on him came on and off the bench.

Shaw-got towled up early by c/collins but to his credit played it out got possesions could have easily sat backand had no touches at all was impressed by that

Please explain mick why leon was taken of in the first qtr when he had kicked 2 goals if he had kicked another by qtr time it could have given him confidence in having a night

If tarrent or rocca had a bit more impact it may have been the difference and as culprit said as well we have had a good run at aami stadium
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:03 am

lethalburns wrote: Woewodin has not convinced me at all this year. Even when he wracked up heaps with no opponent in Adelaide.

Every Possession Woey had was quality, not one turnover and always to a teammate. I expected too much from Woey to start off with he is a Brownlow medallist, but he isn’t no Buckley and that's what we should focus on. He had 20 possession, 4 clearances and kicked 1 goal and got a player ranking of 117. And in the last quarter Woey was one of our team that lifted picking up 7 kicks. Buckley’s Ranking on the night was 89.

I think you expect too much and you’re biased against him. I was the same until someone showed me what he does during a game. I am not a fan of Woey, but he does his job allocated to him by Malthouse and that is what matters. You can't say that for a few others. Sad

Burns, well I don't see Burns have to many shockers he is a solid contributor and is there every week. I hope he is ok for this week as our loss rate with out him is like 80%.

Didak, Didak, Didak, they know how to play him now and he just has to work harder it's that simple. Actually the whole team has to work harder, finals are earned not given.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:34 pm

I never ever bag the players.

Alright let me get that straight.

My mate knows Tarrant because of his dad being mates with him and thanks to him I have got to know him as well and he is a great bloke and he tells us that he needs to play the same way consistently.

I think Tarrant is a sensational player and i would never bag him or any collingwood player.

All i was saying was that he has trouble playing the same sort of game every week not that he is crap.

Brooke I know how passionate you are about Tarrant and if I have hurt or upset you in any way please understand I am dearly sorry and accept my apology.

GO TAZZA!!!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:49 am

All I want to say is - I saw some flashes of very good footy by our boys in the first half - I hope they can try to keep this intensity going for a whole game and we will finally be getting somewhere.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:53 am

Well, that was disappointing. And it’s not the loss that is the most troubling thing – it’s the way we’ve been losing. I don’t understand why our skill level has dropped so much – we fumble, drop marks, kick inaccurately, let tackles slip, play behind, and are not putting enough physical pressure on our opponents. What makes it even more frustrating is that we have seen at different times this year just what our team is capable of - they CAN play great running footy without the turnovers and errors. So where is the consistency? Why do some players completely go missing some weeks?

We are a much better team than our current form but I’m really at a loss to know why we’re not performing at our best. We have a stronger, more experienced team than last year (even taking into account added expectations and maybe the perception we’ve gone from the hunter to the hunted which puts more pressure on the players) so we should be playing strong, confident football. I guess the positive is that at least we know there’s plenty of room for improvement and we know what our team is capable of when they really fire. If we can string a few good wins together I have no doubt our fortunes will change for the better.

Not much to say about the match other than we would have been right up there if it hadn’t been for poor skills and some players who needed to fire, going missing. Burnsy has continued on with his good season and Bucks also worked hard. Molloy’s 1%ers have been great this year but it would be good to see a few more goals. And Tazz continues to work hard (usually with no help from the umps!) but needs to improve his accuracy. Lica and Woey got plenty of the ball but at times their possessions need to be a bit more damaging and our small players need to read the drop of the ball better, particulary in the forward line. Our backline has been struggling but it’s pretty tough on them when they work hard to clear the ball and make some space and then there’s a bad turnover further up the ground and the ball is back in their laps before they have time to blink!

At this stage I think we will still finish in the 8 but a top 4 position is looking unlikely.

Votes:
1 – Burns
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:13 pm

Quote:
All i was saying was that he has trouble playing the same sort of game every week not that he is crap.

Will if u were a bit older than 13 or a bit more of an analyst you would see that Tazza is playing very good consistent football and has been doing so all year and that your comment posted above is ridiculous. It has NOTHING to do with my passion for the great man.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
chalky 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:39 pm

I'm with you culprit, on the Woewoden point. There are those that have higher expectations of his potential impact to the side - "after all, he's a Brownlow madalist!" I was one of those, but have since tempered those feelings. As you put so well, he does a job for MM every week. What he gets is rarely wasted and is capable in the clinches. I've also watched him run around. He really is very efficient in his movements, reads the play so well and is usually in the right spot. I can't ask for any from him.

MargOz, one reason perhaps: if you remember, this time last year Rocca was in full flight - the best CHF going around. His dominance was a major factor in a winning streak that put us in top bracket. We desperately need him, in particular, to fire. IMO he will be the catalyst for our surge in the next few weeks.
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:51 am

Tazza has been excellent this year.Everyone is entitled to a poor game.He tries his guts out.There were three defenders on him Friday night.I cant remember that ever happening against Lloyd,Dunstall and even Lockett.he is a champion and that is why he is getting all this attention.Give him time and he will prosper even further.
Go TAZZA
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:05 pm

Yep everyone is entitled to a poor game but i honestly dont beleive he even had a poor game. Sure he wasnt brilliant but compared to many others he was serviceable on a night where key forwards struggled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: