Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Copeland Trophy Boycott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 3:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly my thoughts Dillo....i just can't see where the cost is coming from especially if Jimmy Barnes is performing free...Earlier on in the year i attended a cocktail party at the Crown Palledium for the Roos Pagans Patrons members we got in free and it was free drinks all night. All players were in attendence and special guests etc etc and to tell u the truth it was just as good if not a better time at this than last years Copeland which was at the same venue.

Magpie Greg i even agree with u in a way (yes i agree with u so start falling over) I think it is whether u want to go to a Collingwood function or not and the price or the food isn't really wot comes into it.

180 bucks still is pretty expensive though so im just glad i went last year because i think once you've been once you've experienced it and i think the Copeland is talked up waaaaaay to much.

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 23 August 2001).]

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:20 pm

I think I'll just have a quiet night at home that night. Then I'll log on to Nicks BB late in the night to find out who won.

OOH AAH JOSH FRAS-AAAH, I reckon.

Rocca, N.Davis, O'Bree and Buckley are the main dangers.

**floreat pica**

september_joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 7:48 pm

Top stuff dave emerson well replied.

If anyone does go can they email me and i will give you my mobile number id like to know who wins.
joffamagpie@hotmail.com

A WHITE SPORT COAT AND A BLACK CARNATION...the joffa's all dressed up for the finals...CARRRRRRM ONNNNNNN GO MAGPIES!!

[This message has been edited by september_joffa (edited 24 August 2001).]

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 2:05 am

I must admit that I nearly fell off my chair when I heard the Copeland price this year. It is a lot of money for the average supporter to raise, especially when you add it to everything else we have to pay before & during a football season.

But I also have to agree with the marketing comments made so far. I've organised quite a few functions and basically nothing comes cheap! Even a work function we had in Bendigo last night was over $80 per head and we didn't have anywhere near the overheads that the CFC have with the Copeland.

I'm raiding my piggy bank as we speak so I can get my Copeland ticket - so here's hoping it's a great night!

GO PIES!

Marg

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 4:43 am

"There are a great many invited guests - ..., current players and partners, coaching staff
and partners etc...- which impact greatly on the costs. "

This has to be a joke surley! Why do we have to cover the costs of the current players and staff? It is an official club function, infact it is THEIR night. It is part of their job to attend and therefore covered by their (massive) salaries, which in part are paid for by us. It is bad enough the players expect us to contribute to their end-of-season trips, but this is totally unjustifiable.

I know good functions cost big money ($180 is high, but not excessive), but please don't try and rationalise it with players costs.

The wait is almost over.

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:16 pm

After yesterdays isipid performance, the players should pay us to attend.

I wonder if you could pass off the ticket price as a donation to charity for tax purposes(yeh, that comment is low, just as I feel right now. 3.40 am is probably not a good time to be posting).

The wait is almost over.

[This message has been edited by Fab4 24-10-26-16 (edited 26 August 2001).]

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:02 am

I think im going to the Copeland this year

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:29 pm

I couldn't believe the price but it's a price I'm prepared to pay
to be there on the night. Unfortunately a lot of people who would love to go will miss out as it is so expensive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: