Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 10 Williamstown v Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook was dropped after kicking 5 last week???
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:34 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Cook was dropped after kicking 5 last week???

Just got home from the game - Different Cook. Ryan Cook played for the seniors but had a poor game today. Williamstown defeated Geelong by around 40 points.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Of the Collingwood players (A lot of our boys disposal didn't look great but the conditions were wet and windy):

My best: R Shaw, Anthony, O'Brien & C Cloke.

Jason Cloke - did not play, very interesting not sure if he is injured or what is going on

Cameron Cloke - decent game in the ruck, booted a few goals was quite good

Fanning - had a good game too, did well in the ruck, he and Cameron worked well together swapping from forward to ruck.

Ryan Cook - rather quite, struggled to get into the game

Danny Stanley - was alright, didn't get a whole heap of touches but found it a few times

Chris Egan - went missing in the 1st quarter, DOMINATED the 2nd quarter (would have had 10 touches or so). went missing in the 3rd quarter and spent the 4th on the bench mostly. His disposal still leaves a lot to be desired, missed an easy goal but did some good things.

Rhyce Shaw - probably our best player in my opinon, missed targets a few times but found plenty of it and gave us heaps of run

John Anthony - fantastic game, especially in the 3rd quarter he killed Kingsley and gave plenty of run out of the back line - he was a highlight of the day for me to see him developing

Tex Walker - wasn't bad, beat his man, tried hard and found a fair bit of the ball in the 2nd half

Shannon Cox - started off in a blaze, booted the first 2 goals of the game, faded a bit after that but overall he was fairly good

Alan Toovey - didn't think he did a whole lot

Ben Davies - didn't think it was one of his better games, although I am quite hard on him because he is a class above at that level, he was alright but nothing special

Harry O'Brien - played a sweeper type role across the back and was very good, set up a lot of the play and was generally impressive

Sean Rusling - played on the wing/midfield would have liked to see him go forward but didn't really spend any time in the forward 50. Got a few kicks but not that great, not ready for Collingwood yet.

Not sure if I am forgetting anyone but it was a good win by the boys.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Quote:
John Anthony - fantastic game, especially in the 3rd quarter he killed Kingsley and gave plenty of run out of the back line - he was a highlight of the day for me to see him developing

Not a bad sign to have him dominating a class AFL full forward.

Thanks for the updates, guys. Smile
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

Yeh the bad news is that Kingsley is not an AFL class full forward - he looked bloody awful today. Bloody Cats fans had a sook everytime a Williamstown fan bagged their precious Kent but he was really pathetic, just didn't look interested and didn't get into the game. No chance of him being recalled by Geelong any time soon.

Not that I mean to take anything away from Anthony, cause from what I saw today he is going to be an awesome player in the future, I like the way he plays but Kent is a joke.
deck Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:07 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:

Jason Cloke - did not play, very interesting not sure if he is injured or what is going on

Jason is a emergency for tomorrow. Usually one emergency sits out the game if someone is in doubt.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Jason was rested due to a niggling injury, 2 week break thanks to next weeks split round I believe was a strong factor in the decision, now is the best time to give players a rest with niggles

Cam and Rhyce were superb. What I was most impressed with about Cams game was it was shocking conditions for a big man

Cox looked great and is a definate top player for the future, the conditions didnt suit and I think spent a fair amount of time on the bench, but when on was good, his first 2 goals at the start were great to watch and very smart

Quick question on Kingsley, where the **** did he play? Razz He was all over the place and for an undermanned Willy to smash an almost AFL strength side in Geelong was very promising, only the poor conditions kept Geelong in it for the first 3 qtrs
deck Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:23 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Jason was rested due to a niggling injury, 2 week break thanks to next weeks split round I believe was a strong factor in the decision, now is the best time to give players a rest with niggles

Are you sure about that? I read elsewhere that he has been added to the emergencies for tomorrow.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:24 pm

deck wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Are you sure about that? I read elsewhere that he has been added to the emergencies for tomorrow.

100% certain
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:26 pm

To be honest i dont think Kent even knew where he was playing
he played right into JA's hands by going up the field and JA abseolutly gave him a bath... why Kent was sometimes playing on ball and in the back half was beyond be especially when they had very little structure with only Henry Playfair to kick to.

Hard to pick a BOG for Willy, Cam was good, JA was good so to was Rhyce.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Quote:
Cox looked great and is a definate top player for the future, the conditions didnt suit and I think spent a fair amount of time on the bench, but when on was good, his first 2 goals at the start were great to watch and very smart

A real wildcard from this seasons rookie batch. Could end up filling a Mark Williams type role.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:53 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:

A real wildcard from this seasons rookie batch. Could end up filling a Mark Williams type role.

I thought he is a bit taller than that, isnt he about Rusling height?
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:18 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:

I thought he is a bit taller than that, isnt he about Rusling height?

Correct Eddie, Cox is no Mark Williams type, he is a big lad, from what I saw would be around 190cm and 90kg+.

Btw what did others think of Fannings game? Aside from the fact C Cloke kicked goals and Fanning didn't, I thought they were pretty similar, thought both were very good.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:25 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:

Bloody Cats fans had a sook everytime a Williamstown fan bagged their precious Kent but he was really pathetic, just didn't look interested and didn't get into the game. .

A lot of people who came across as mildly retarded at Burbank oval today.
That" (insert goal Kicker) ,oi oi oi" , was cringe worthy.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:29 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:

Bloody Cats fans had a sook everytime a Williamstown fan bagged their precious Kent but he was really pathetic, just didn't look interested and didn't get into the game. .

A lot of people who came across as mildly retarded at Burbank oval today.
That" (insert goal Kicker) ,oi oi oi" , was cringe worthy.

That was shocking, after qtr time I went down the far end partly to get away from that and also to watch from the Willy forward line, that was worse, they had the 1 man c/s down there Shocked Even the goal umpire was giving him a weird look by the last qtr Razz

The Geelong fans were shocking but thankfully only had a couple near me for the last 3 qtrs, what I found funny was there were actually Bullants fans there just for the reserves, why? They were bloody sooks, should have been happy to get within 100 Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: