Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our next premiership team & gaps that need to be filled

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
Mate 1 out of a hundred doesnt change much. You tell me one place that Egan can play on the field where we dont already have a better player? Even with this so called potential you speak about....

Depth wins you premierships, short-sightedness takes away the possibility. Stop trying to predict the future, your assessment of Egan is your opinion, but that doesn't make it fact.

You know what they say about opinions, just like..everybody has em....

cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Yeah your probably right, lets keep him on the last for another season so we can delist him then and get nothing instead.
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 pm

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
Yeah your probably right, lets keep him on the last for another season so we can delist him then and get nothing instead.

Wow you're a real clairvoyant.

A PM before Wednesday's nights Ozlotto would be much appreciated.

cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Could ask you the same thing as you seem to think that Egan will fulfill his much hyped potential....
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 pm

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
Could ask you the same thing as you seem to think that Egan will fulfill his much hyped potential....

I seem to think our recruiting and coaching staff have a better grasp on a players potential rather than internet experts.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Mr. Chairman wrote:
cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:

I seem to think our recruiting and coaching staff have a better grasp on a players potential rather than internet experts.

Your comment is so very very true. There are times when i wonder what some people did before the interent... were they the ones over in the corner of the bar I used to avoid in the pub on a Thursday night? I suspect they were....

cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:33 pm

I'll have this thread stored in the back of my mind for the future Chairman. Im hoping that Egan can prove me wrong but (as is my opinion) i strongly doubt it.
daics cousin 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:13 am

The thing is guys Tannin might be onto something.
As much as we are all die hards and love this footy club.Football especially these days is just a BUSINESS.and we are its customers or clients.
So when it comes to trade time no wonder everyone that decides to leave a club is linked to collingwood,why becuase we are the BIGGEST brand name in AFL and players and players managers can hope to lift the dollar amounts for their players simply by linking them to collingwood.
So why haven't we landed abig name player yet?
Couple of reasons
The pies are strickely sticking to a youth development policy.No use in regugitaing big names who actually come to the club and under perform or are at the tail end of their careers.
We possbly don't want to upset the development of a youthful group who develop together.
There are diamonds in the draft,providing you have a good recruiter.
Its always good to land a big name providing he wants to come to our club,not becuase he is forced too vai the $$$$$$.
Why give away the farm for one big name player who could either not perform to his best or get injured and there goes all his worth.Big risk little reward.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 am

You make some good points Time to fly,but i think i would be a bit wary of trading Rusling,had he not got injured so early,he could have had a barnstorming season.Fraser could be traded for Kerr,straight swap,and i dont think i would give them more than him for Kerr.At this seasons end i think Wakes,holland,presti,and maybe burns will retire,and there will be a number of delistments also,always is.We must be very,very crafty with the draft,and put a lot of reseach into it.Incidentally,years ago,didnt James Hird come very late in his draft,around the 40plus mark,i seem to recall.So,late picks can be very good,but we gotta be smart on this,and cunning.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:47 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
Tannin wrote:
The usual panic-stricken nonsense that comes out after a loss. You'd look good in a St Kilda jumper.

come up with an argument or point as to where I am wrong or F OFF!

This si my opionion & I believe that our list is pretty good but not good enough!!!!

So stop beng a tool!

This poster's style reminds me a lot of a certain Dakstar, who "left" Nick's in a hail of abuse after the first Carlton loss earlier this year. The avatar is a second clue.

sq3 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm

I would not trade Rusling at all - Scott has mentioned multiple times that he is a 'special' player.

With over 12 months of rehab and training we will know in 2009 if he can cut it or not.

I don't think we need to trade heavily this year as we have some really good young players - the thing they need is time - at the club, in the gym and most importantly playing time.

Youngsters such as Wood, Macaffer, Dawes, Reid, McCarthy, Wellingham - then throw in Anthony, Cloke, Goldie, Brown, Cloke, Dick, Thomas, Pendles etc.,

Pies are fine - they are baking - needs some time.

If we could add a seasoned player (like Cuz) that would help in many ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: