Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report: Tuesday May 13 (pics added)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Scharenberg looked a bit dejected to me AP. I watched him through my binoculars as he stopped running at the river end. He seemed puffed and sore. He then walked a few laps, watching training. Later he kicked with Reid along the clubhouse wing. He then had some goal kicking practice near me.

You're correct Albert, the boy can kick mighty fine and that's why we need both him and Reid in the team. If we keep butchering the ball as we do presently, we'll lose games against the top 4 teams.

Another thing which I forgot to mention in the report was Goldsack's work rate. This guy doesn't know how to coast through training; he trains the way he plays. I just wish he could be cleaner with his hands. Every time I watch Goldy trying to be creative, as opposed to being a defensive, harassing force, he invariably fumbles. Yesterday there was a brilliant passage of play from a ball up on the HB flank. Witts to Pendles to Swan who took off bouncing, weaving and bounding through the centre. It was terrific. Then Swanny hand-balled to Goldy, who fumbled it only for the Pink team to rebound into an open forward line. I love Goldy, but that side of his game always worries me.

The only thing that makes his senior spot vulnerable when we start getting all these players back and finding form. Not too many offer his defensive pressure though which does buy him time. Might come down to a choice between Blair and the Sack sometime in the future.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Top report Neil. You were always my favourite Young One. Good stuff.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Training Report: Tuesday May 13 (pics added)Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:

The Drills
The next drill saw the players in groups of six around the ground kicking and hand-passing as they were harassed.

Mini match practice started up next with games at each end of the ground.
At the Olympic Boulevard end, Jon Marsh was opposed to Witts, Brown took Cloke and Langdon took on Jesse White. Again there was virtually no kicking and only swift movement through heavy traffic with lots of handball. When a team made it into their forward area they were able to kick for goal. Pendlebury earned the Macaffer tag, while Elliott was worn by Josh Thomas.

Can we practice our kicking this week? Please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: