Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gault goes to ground way to often for mine. Youre no good to your team on the floor. Hes got potential but i would like to see him keep his feet a bit better before he keeps his spot ahead of witts.
If witts plays ok in ballarat, i would think he comes in at expense of gault.
Looks like bucks is happier to play three talls on the G rather than the smaller grounds. Thats ok, we now have four in a row to get it right.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:48 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
JW, I agree that Grundy needs a chop out so he doesn't have to ruck all game. Gault was reasonably competitive at that but I don't think White exerts any physical presence at all - and there was a period early in the game where the 'Aints got several easy centre clearances while he was playing on ball. If Witts is fit enough, I would like to see him be given a chance next week - I know he's recovering from an interrupted pre-season but he is essential to team balance going forward, I think.

i was surprised to see white go into the ruck given we had gault available. we tend to fall apart when white takes over the rucking duties. if witts is fit it is highly improbable we'd play gault, white and grundy but i'd like to see gault be given a good run of games and i like white's mobility.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:51 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Gault goes to ground way to often for mine. Youre no good to your team on the floor. Hes got potential but i would like to see him keep his feet a bit better before he keeps his spot ahead of witts.
If witts plays ok in ballarat, i would think he comes in at expense of gault.
Looks like bucks is happier to play three talls on the G rather than the smaller grounds. Thats ok, we now have four in a row to get it right.

hardly ideal conditions for a young tall in his second senior game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:23 am

John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
JW, I agree that Grundy needs a chop out so he doesn't have to ruck all game. Gault was reasonably competitive at that but I don't think White exerts any physical presence at all - and there was a period early in the game where the 'Aints got several easy centre clearances while he was playing on ball. If Witts is fit enough, I would like to see him be given a chance next week - I know he's recovering from an interrupted pre-season but he is essential to team balance going forward, I think.

i was surprised to see white go into the ruck given we had gault available. we tend to fall apart when white takes over the rucking duties. if witts is fit it is highly improbable we'd play gault, white and grundy but i'd like to see gault be given a good run of games and i like white's mobility.

That's a fair assessment.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:25 am

axl13 wrote:
We need Witts in there to help Grundy out in the ruck otherwise where going down the same path as what we did to Josh Fraser. Burn his body out to quickly

Out: Patrick K, Cory G, Blair

In: Adams, Witts, Freeman or De Goey

I still have my doubts about Blair I would rather play Freeman or De Goey

I've been in the "Anti Blair" camp for a while now and even I think he is playing very well and this humble pie is very bitter sweet. He's cemented his spot for a while.

Outs: Gault (I'm not sure I future that others do) Goldsack (junked his way to 11 possessions while being beaten at most contests) Karnezis (unlucky)

Ins: Moore (defensive roll) Witts (Ruck/Fwd) Freeman/DeGoey (for added pace)
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:26 am

Assuming Moore plays another top game in the VFL today, I wonder if he could come into the side next week replacing Brown? I realise we would miss Brown's experience, but I think Moore and Frost are such exciting KPPs because of their closing leg speed, something lacking in Brown. Certainly, when Reid comes back in I think on current form, he would squeeze Brown out of the side.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:34 am

5150 wrote:
axl13 wrote:
We need Witts in there to help Grundy out in the ruck otherwise where going down the same path as what we did to Josh Fraser. Burn his body out to quickly

I've been in the "Anti Blair" camp for a while now and even I think he is playing very well and this humble pie is very bitter sweet. He's cemented his spot for a while.

Outs: Gault (I'm not sure I future that others do) Goldsack (junked his way to 11 possessions while being beaten at most contests) Karnezis (unlucky)

what does that look like? Confused

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:52 am

Just so long as we are very competitive, is all I ask, have a red hot go against the Peptide Bummers. And if someone can take out Chapman for me, thatd be a real bonus !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:42 pm

If Moore were to come in at the expense of Gault then he should play forward.

Gault can play through the ruck which is a plus but Moore is the better junior talent obviously given his draft standing.

Moore is the type of young player you would be comfortable giving games to at this early stage of his career because he has a great attitude, gives second and third efforts and isn't a one trick pony.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:12 pm

John Wren wrote:
5150 wrote:
axl13 wrote:

what does that look like? Confused

This is a defence under a roll...

defensive.jpg

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:28 pm

i know the club has said they won't rush reid but if he gets through tomorrow's vfl game could he be a starter for anzac day?

how do we combat daniher, carlisle and bellchambers when he is resting forward? i see goddard is running around their forward line too.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:55 pm

goddard, heppell and chapman are kicking their goals right now. both teams' disposal is quite ordinary at times. lots of turnovers from basic errors.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm

E wrote:
surely we should celebrate this win for at least one night (like the players) before turning our attention to Essendon......

It's 2015 chief, players get to celebrate a win for about half an hour post match before they start recovery, rehab, video analysis, team meetings etc.

Why wouldnt we look forward to next week. Outside of the GF its the biggest day on the football calender!

Theres another thread for banging on about last nights win, jump over there and go nuts!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Bummers were not that impressive against the scum today, only just fell in really, after being well in control, even their own fans on Bigfooty don't rate them a top four side. If the Scum can scare the hell outa them, we can certainly take them on now with more confidence, their backline seems pretty flimsy, with old man Fletcher just getting by now, on pure nostalgia and sentiment. Im a lot more confident now, the scum have shown us the way, and how to exploit the Bummers weaknesses, and they do have them in abundance too. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm travelling over from Perth for the game. I will head to final open training (likely Thursday?) as well.

Based on the St Kilda game I would expect Gault and Karnezis to be under pressure from Witts and Adams. I'm assuming (from Bucks' comments) that Reid will need at least another week in the VFL if he gets through tomorrow.

Looking forward to see how the boys go in VFL tomorrow. A win vs Roosters will suggest we are in the frame this season. A large AFL contingent playing as well.

Sneaky suspicion Freeman will be an emergency on ANZAC Day and may be in for debut vs Essendon if one of our mids doesn't get up (eg Adams). I also suspect Moore will debut soon, probably vs Carlton. While we are in the frame for finals I'm happy to go with best team and make the youngsters earn their spots. I get the feeling Bucks is happy to drip feed the inexperienced players into the team and return them to VFL afterwards rather than just playing kids en masse.

Pies by 2 (double the 2012 margin) with Blair kicking the winner inside the last minute.

A win on ANZAC Day will really set up our season. 3-1 is so much better than 2-2.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: