Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who gets delisted/traded at the end of the year?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Though I'm no expert, my readings / listening about this year's draft is that it's very shallow. Talk that beyond Pick 30 the cupboards a bit bare. So, delisting to free up a lot of picks is questionable.

Armstrong and Young - thanks and good luck. Thomas gone. Keefe delist and re-rookie depending on penalty. That's it for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all teams have to turn over a minimum of 5 players each year?

3 I think it is.

Pretty sure it's 3, that's why I specifically mentioned that in my post.

Yep, 3 senior list spots.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:01 am

Lazza wrote:
I would play Young and Karnesis in the seniors this season and assess them after that. Seedsman I would definitely keep. The others I agree with FWIW.

That'll help you 9-12 prediction. Young that is, not PK.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:24 am

jackcass wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Though I'm no expert, my readings / listening about this year's draft is that it's very shallow. Talk that beyond Pick 30 the cupboards a bit bare. So, delisting to free up a lot of picks is questionable.

Armstrong and Young - thanks and good luck. Thomas gone. Keefe delist and re-rookie depending on penalty. That's it for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all teams have to turn over a minimum of 5 players each year?

3 I think it is.

Pretty sure it's 3, that's why I specifically mentioned that in my post.

Yep, 3 senior list spots.

Thanks guys.

In that case, I expect the de-listings to be Armstrong, Young and Dwyer.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:14 am

If the talk about getting Adam Treloar is serious, then we'll have to trade a good player to get him.
Treloar isn't a free agent so it isn't as if we get him by putting up a big offer(although we'll have to do that too).
Kevin Bartlett said earlier this week that Treloar is probably a future brownlow medallist. So, which good player would we trade for him?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Thanks guys.

Armstrong is on the rookie list and doesn't count.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:27 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Thanks guys.

Armstrong is on the rookie list and doesn't count.

Well Thomas and Keeffe will be delisted - though probably then rookied.

So that's Keeffe, Thomas, Young and Dwyer as probable de-lists.

I suspect Kennedy, Seedsman, Gault and possibly Karnezis will be considered as trade bait as part of any deal to land Treloar.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I would play Young and Karnesis in the seniors this season and assess them after that. Seedsman I would definitely keep. The others I agree with FWIW.

That'll help you 9-12 prediction. Young that is, not PK.

Turn it off Daz FFS!! Get back on the chill pills dude! I get your point.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I predicted 9-12. That doesn't mean it will be right! (YOU of all posters should know that by now). In fact with my history with pure guesswork, it will be totally bloody wrong!! Laughing

However I would have another look at Young in the seniors before deciding is fate. In top notch form, he is a great asset to have, a left foot assassin.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:35 pm

I think we should try too keep both Thomas and Keeffe, if we can, i think armstrong and young are gone, though young could make a comeback if given a chance or two.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Harrysz wrote:
If the talk about getting Adam Treloar is serious, then we'll have to trade a good player to get him.
Treloar isn't a free agent so it isn't as if we get him by putting up a big offer(although we'll have to do that too).
Kevin Bartlett said earlier this week that Treloar is probably a future brownlow medallist. So, which good player would we trade for him?

Witts is the obvious one, he's from NSW and the Giants could use a quality back up for mummy, I think they'd pay overs for Witts, so I'm thinking witts and our first rounder might do the trick.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Why would we bother with Young and Dwyer when we are setting our sights on flags in 2016 and beyond?

Dwyer is 30 next year and Young is not worth renewing. Reid is worth the risk given his potential but Young has had a horror run over 5 years but offers very little in terms of return for investment/risk.

I can handle playing the kids - but I would have preferred if we didn't over do it. For me Maynard and Moore was a mistake and team selection has cost us some crucial games the last couple of weeks.

Play the kids, but do it smart - but please not one last look at the old has beens - sorry!

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:55 pm

If the Club delists and rookies Keeffe and Thomas then (with a reportedly shallow draft) only one other player (Young or Dwyer for mine) needs to be delisted from the primary list to make the required 3 changes. The Club may choose to delist another player to keep both Manteit and Abbott (see below).

The 3 primary list spots would be taken by Frost, Gault and first rounder.

Armstrong and one of Manteit and Abbott would need to be delisted to make way for Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list unless the Club delisted another player from the primary list and prematurely promoted one of Manteit and Abbott.

So for mine, Young and Armstrong are both going and then it is a choice between delisting Dwyer or one of Manteit/Abbott or showing one of Keeffe/Thomas the door.

Caff's signing for 2016 pretty much foretells or confirms that Young, Dwyer and Armstrong are the likely departures at season's end.

Young's career is over I suspect. Not a success for us, but I wish him well.

Dwyer I could see getting another chance elsewhere so he might keep the dream alive. Failing that he could be a VFL signing for us depending on his other career aspirations.

I will fondly remember Armstrong for his two games in one day effort (with a long drive up from Geelong in between if I recall correctly).

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I think we should try too keep both Thomas and Keeffe, if we can, i think armstrong and young are gone, though young could make a comeback if given a chance or two.

Exactly Piesnchess. All I'm saying is give Young a chance in the seniors. If he stuffs up, there's the evidence to send him packing.

Last edited by Lazza on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:56 pm

double post
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Do you forget things often?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:01 pm

dalyc wrote:

hine has talked about looking to trade rather than use the draft like in the past. our list is at a point where we really don't need to draft too many more youngsters. we need to bring in players in the 50-100 game category.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: