Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kayle Kirby: Mt Everest, cure for cancer & sub 3 minute

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

neil wrote:
Play Blair and the coach is playing favorites
Demand Kirby play senior football and get games pumped into him

Because he is the messiah

Unfair Gault still is he is simply warming up yet again for Swan Districts.

www.facebook/the hybernators
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm with y'all. Should have been played by now.
I think his problem is his shape. Doesn't have classic athletic shape and people think that make him less... Personally I think we have too many light weights that break easily like Broomhead or Sinclair. Jessie White has a great shape and he has been ok good even when he's on but frankly I'd rather have Tony Lockett.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 pm

The indigenous second coming of the Incredible Hulk... the one and only Rene Kink!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Cam wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
It isn't about fitness only. That's a limited way of seeing things with respect to KK.

Balance out the positives v the negatives about playing him now when the season is done & dusted. KK can lose more than he can gain if we play him too early IMO.

What did Essendon lose by playing McDonald-Tippiniwutti for 12-18 months in the VFL?

We need to temper our impatience. Hasten slowly.

Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti[1] (born 22 April 1993) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing with the Essendon Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted by Essendon with their second selection in the 2015 rookie draft.[2] McDonald-Tipungwuti made his debut in Round 1 of the 2016 season against the Gold Coast Suns.

*cough*

At 23. After several seasons in the VFL. So, a debut for Kirby in 2021-2022 then?

Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
It isn't about fitness only. That's a limited way of seeing things with respect to KK.

Balance out the positives v the negatives about playing him now when the season is done & dusted. KK can lose more than he can gain if we play him too early IMO.

What did Essendon lose by playing McDonald-Tippiniwutti for 12-18 months in the VFL?

The problem is we have midgets like Blair tallying up 6 disposals in a match and continue to get a game each week based on what?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Seth wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

The problem is we have midgets like Blair tallying up 6 disposals in a match and continue to get a game each week based on what?

Based on what I saw in the VFL game today, Kirby would have offered us nothing in today's game against Port Adelaide.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Seth wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I've watched lots of VFL this year. He is simply not ready. Today was not his finest effort by any stretch after seeing the second half. Kirby ain't knocking on anyones door currently

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am

watt price tully wrote:
Seth wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I've watched lots of VFL this year. He is simply not ready. Today was not his finest effort by any stretch after seeing the second half. Kirby ain't knocking on anyones door currently

Think he's carrying a back injury by the way he's moving on the field. His focus should be on getting match fit before he turns up for preseason training in November, rather than relying on actual games of football to get match fit. Needs to have a chat with Swanny about that one and then he'll be right for next year.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:58 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Seth wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Think he's carrying a back injury by the way he's moving on the field. His focus should be on getting match fit before he turns up for preseason training in November, rather than relying on actual games of football to get match fit. Needs to have a chat with Swanny about that one and then he'll be right for next year.

Wink I'm sure the club has it under control.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Seth wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Shane Warne averaging 41 for Victoria in 1990-91 wasn't ready for Australia but that didn't stop the Aussies blooding of him!

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:08 pm

i can't see how his perfromance could be any 'less ready' than the couple of kicks Blair gets most weeks, or what Callum Brown is showing. Brown may be a great trainer etc, but doesn't give a yelp in the ones. Kirby is the leading goal kicker in the VFL i think, hard to see how that doesn't get him a go. I can't see what posiibly there is to lose, (other than kirby deciding to leave)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 pm

He barely touched the ball in a 900-goal thrashing of the bottom-team, so he's not coming up this week.

"8 kicks, 5 marks, 6 handballs, 14 disposals, 1 clearance, 4 inside 50s, 0 rebound 50s, 2 tackles, 1 goal". http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-08-15/vfl-player-review-round-17
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:38 pm

it's not the U/12s. Last week is no more important than the previous 12. We can't make the finals, surely this is the time of the year that you try some kids, Kirby, McClarty eetc.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 pm

You want to bring him in ahead of the guy who had 41 disposals and kicked three goals and will also play as a small forward?
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:40 pm

who is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: