Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wines hit on langdon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Escaped with a fine. Hahaha!
Langdon has a concrete jaw, suffers no major injury, and Wines is free to play after charging him with a cheap shoulder to the head.

Um, yep, as you were, AFL...

You cunting dogs MRP!
Exactly the same thing Greenwood got weeks for on piss weak Merrett!
Exactly the same thing Mumford just got a week for on Gawn!

Can somebody please name the turds that comprise this infestation of anti-Collingwood kunts?

Spot on Dyso!

Rocca missed a GF for less! Disgraceful.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
He jumps and leaves the ground after langdon kicks the ball... How is that only a fine?

This is a joke AFL.

AFL is a Joke of a Orgnasation

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 pm

This sport is fast losing me!!!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Haff wrote:
This sport is fast losing me!!!

If it wasn't for the fact that it is an opportunity for my family including adult children to get together on a regular basis I think I would not renew my Legends membership.

The game is becoming a frustrating joke and the joke is on us. The maggot of AFL management pay themselves well so that they have the opportunity to manipulate and screw our game at every opportunity.

They are a scourge.

john b 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:13 pm

That's why reports and suspensions should be based on the action not the outcome. I personally agree with the decision but the problem is had he broke Langdon jaw he would have got weeks. Same action different outcome.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:06 pm

It's only because they wanted to issue a fine to Greene. Any other week, Wines gets a week, but they can't suspend Wines in the same week they fine Greene.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 pm

I knew Greene would not get even a week.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Escaped with a fine. Hahaha! Grundy lays a tackle deemed 'perfect' and within the rules by the on field u pure, yet misses two weeks of his career because Brown's head made contact with the concrete slab that is Shitihad Stadium.

Langdon has a concrete jaw, suffers no major injury, and Wines is free to play after charging him with a cheap shoulder to the head.

Um, yep, as you were, AFL...

AFL and MRP are Offically a Joke.

Grundy Gets 2 Weeks and Wines get's a Fine.

No Wonder People are not bother with the AFL anymore

Agree - when is this mob going to get consistent? The only thing consistent about them is the inconsistency.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Michael Christian should remove himself from that filth of a panel.

Again Nathan Burke said something before they met. He should be sacked effective immediately. I would love it if the next time this little arsehole opens his mouth someone takes it to court as a debial of natural justice. And cost the AFL a million dollars in legal fees fighting it. To be honest we should have done it with Grundy.

Karma would be if Wines belts Murphy next week and denies Murphy a farewell game. Or a finals appearance. Or Travis Cloke takes a massive pack mark and lands on Wines and breaks Wines leg.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
It's only because they wanted to issue a fine to Greene. Any other week, Wines gets a week, but they can't suspend Wines in the same week they fine Greene.

This is a very interesting and incisive comment, but I actually didn't think that Greene should have been suspended because there was absolutely no evidence that there was intent, and nothing he did was prescribed by the rules (he is entitled to protect the space surrounding him). The Wines incident and the Greene incident don't bear much resemblance, as it clearly was Wines' full intent to hit Langdon, and he did so with absolutely no justification within the context of the game (unlike Brodie Grundy, whose tackle was clearly consistent with the actual events of the game in real time. Grundy had a clear, legitimate objective in tackling, while Wines' objective, in the context of the game, could only have been to hurt Tom Langdon). Clearly now the AFL has gone to an outcome driven framework where, no matter how dangerous the action, if it luckily does not result in injury to the opponent, then it won't be dealt with harshly at all. This is very unfair and also very hypocritical, because if the AFL is serious about limiting injuries, it would also take severe action against those who perpetrate actions with potentially very dangerous consequences. Should definitely have been a suspension.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Unbelievable decision!!! Agree with all the critical comments above. The inconsistency of the MRP is a farce.
I agree with Ronrat who points out that Nathan Burke should be made to account for giving his views before the MRP meets to discuss it.
I wish the Pies governance would do something about the injustice of it all. It stinks.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Unbelievable decision!!! Agree with all the critical comments above. The inconsistency of the MRP is a farce.
I agree with Ronrat who points out that Nathan Burke should be made to account for giving his views before the MRP meets to discuss it.
I wish the Pies governance would do something about the injustice of it all. It stinks.

Nathan Burke is a lower than shark shit, its always good when he sooks about 2010 and the injustice of the bounce!

www.facebook/the hybernators
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:11 pm

There is no need for the MRP to be ex players. If objective criteria was drafted for the members of the MRP to apply, they could be made up of people who apply for positions from the general public - blokes like Burke who have a permanent chip on their shoulder because he belonged to a team of perpetual losers is not the people the MRP should consist of.
john b 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Anyway brick wall...

It's not the result it's the action/intention the afl should look at. The game I want to see played= neither wines or Greene getting suspended. Nor grundy and Dangerfield. EG make the rule pin both arms in a tackle and force them too ground...... you're gone. Or leave the ground when you bump... you're gone, not if this bloke ends up in hospital your gone. It's a farking joke. It's so retarded it's not funny. Make rules around the action not the result.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 pm

I don't agree with it, but Langdon played out the game, and he played well. Harm done is their big test. So I can't totally blame the MRP, it's the rules that stink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: