Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Re-sign Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon you're off the mark Donny. Took the game on, took intercept marks, closed down one or two attacks with a late fist. I put him in my votes accordingly.

Doesn't need to have a ton of disposals to have an impact. He wasn't McGovern for impact, but it was no fault of Darcy that we got beaten today. I thought he did a very good job of defending.

E - by biological makeup I presume you are referring to his sexual preference? You'd think that given we have an AFLW club that there may be a bit more tolerance amongst the ranks. Still, given there are few, if any, openly gay male players in the AFL, that is probably a reflection of how lacking in progression an AFL environment remains.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 am

Donny wrote:
Had a so-so game today.

Just 14 disposals (10 uncontested), poor D/E (64.3) and applied just 2 tackles.

That said, I'm happy he got through, uninjured.

Agree with Cam, and not so-so watching from wing. He rebounded the ball so well out of defensive 50, and was one of our best, imo. Sure he turned it over a couple of times (was far from worst in that category) but that was after thwarting another eagles attack. Showed how important he is, and why we need to re-sign him.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am

I'm in the camp that says he's staying, but wanted to get on the park and show some form before agreeing to terms.

Give him what he wants and sign him up.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 am

stui magpie wrote:
I'm in the camp that says he's staying, but wanted to get on the park and show some form before agreeing to terms.

i hope its this. Its a VERY logical situation. De Goey wouldn't sign until he proved he was at the top end of his year (which probably means the pies probably try to sign these guys on the cheap if they can). We fret that Moore hasnt signed. Do any of us know where the pies are in terms of the offer. Do you think he's been offered De Goey money yet?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:40 am

Albert Parker wrote:
Reckon you're off the mark Donny. Took the game on, took intercept marks, closed down one or two attacks with a late fist. I put him in my votes accordingly.

Doesn't need to have a ton of disposals to have an impact. He wasn't McGovern for impact, but it was no fault of Darcy that we got beaten today. I thought he did a very good job of defending.

E - by biological makeup I presume you are referring to his sexual preference? You'd think that given we have an AFLW club that there may be a bit more tolerance amongst the ranks. Still, given there are few, if any, openly gay male players in the AFL, that is probably a reflection of how lacking in progression an AFL environment remains.

yep. i suspect that the AFL environment hasn't quite caught up with societal norms. But by the way, neither has 40% of the United States! Heck the vice president is on the record saying that gays should submit themselves to counselling with a view to curing them of their illnesses....... by the way, i don't know whether what i said is true. i was just relaying that it was something that i heard.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 pm

I call BS on that. I reckon 90+% of AFL players these days wouldn't give a rats if a team mate was gay. The main reason none have come out is because of the publicity and external pressure from media, not because their team mates would have an issue.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I call BS on that. I reckon 90+% of AFL players these days wouldn't give a rats if a team mate was gay. The main reason none have come out is because of the publicity and external pressure from media, not because their team mates would have an issue.

Maybe that's right. But its possible that things might have been said in an insensitive way without even realizing they were offending. Or maybe, one might just prefer to live in Sydney as its a more cosmopolitan city.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm

think positive wrote:
I agree Cam, he was so gutsy.

Be surprised if he went to Sydney, seems like a home boy still, and they gave a pretty established set up, cant see the family moving.

and I can't see why they want Moore.

They have Blakey coming in as he looks at top 5-10 Pick

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:

That what Pickering be telling Him. Re-Sign when his Value it at it's Highest and that only be after playing 3-5 Really Good Games at AFL Level

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm

E wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

....... by the way, i don't know whether what i said is true. i was just relaying that it was something that i heard.

FFS. Rolling Eyes Pathetic.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Moore's return was certainly a silver lining however he (and with good reason) still looked rusty: like other less rustry players yesterday they at times looked to high and ought to have narrowed their vision when moving the ball forward.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:47 pm

E wrote:

I heard that this may be a social issue. Some of his teammates may have been a little insensitive to his biological makeup.....

Who the **** cares who he has sex with as long as it is consensual
Assuming this rumor is even true

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

I have never seen Moana Hope and Darcy Moore together. Are they the same person?
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Donny wrote:
Had a so-so game today.

Just 14 disposals (10 uncontested), poor D/E (64.3) and applied just 2 tackles.

That said, I'm happy he got through, uninjured.

Donny- we all appreciate the gerat work you do- yet can you please stop using stats as the definitive answer to a players worth.

You have done it numerous times previously- and as recent as the past 24 hours rE: Max Gawn in Coaches award. (you also seem to base your votes of SC scores Smile)

They give a guide- yet cannot quantify impact- 76% of people know this Wink

Moore's impact on the game was far greater than Pendlebury's yesterday- yet raw stats would say different.

Moore was excellent yesterday- attacked contests, created some drive and showed what could be - shame about 15 of his teammates were horrible

Key signature required
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Quote:
Collingwood tall Darcy Moore in no rush to sign new deal with Magpies as he returns to footy

SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
28 minutes ago
Subscriber only

COLLINGWOOD swingman Darcy Moore has prioritised strengthening his troublesome body over contract talks with no timeline set on deciding his future.

Moore, 22, is likely to take on Coleman Medal leader Ben Brown on Saturday with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley locking him in as injured fullback Lynden Dunns replacement for the rest of the season.

While explosive star Jordan De Goey ended speculation he would take up North Melbournes $5 million offer by re-signing until 2020, Moore told the Herald Sun he was in no rush.

INJURY LIST: EVERY CLUBS LIKELY INS AND OUTS

ROUND 17: THE 10 THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED

THE TACKLE: ROBBOS LIKES AND DISLIKES

To be honest, my focus has just been on getting back, Moore said.

Ive been pretty desperate to get back and play, so thats been my main focus. Im just going to enjoy playing for the moment.

Theres not really (a timeline). Im just sort of enjoying my footy and its good to be back and get my body in order.

Moore sparkled on return from his second hamstring tear on Sunday and Essendon great Tim Watson declared he had the makings of a superstar defender for the next 10 years.

Buckley said Moores performance against goalkicking ace Josh Kennedy was a clear positive for us and backed him to build up more aggressive rebound in coming weeks.

Thats where we want to play him, Buckley said.

Hes had nine weeks of recovery and rehabilitation and he was able to put a lot of work in the last five or six weeks.

He made some really good plays. Hell have enjoyed getting through that game.

Sydney is circling Moore and the athletic defender said he was unfazed by the headlines his contract status had created.

Ive been at Collingwood for four years, I sort of know what its like, Moore said.

Were a club that generates a lot of interest, so Im sort of used to it by now.

Moore would have to sacrifice cash to stay at the club his father, Peter Moore, captained and won a Brownlow Medal at.

While it would be a big blow for the Pies to lose Moore, his departure would help free up salary cap space as they chase Tom Lynch.

The Gold Coast captain is in Melbourne and will undergo knee surgery today.

Moore said defensive coach Justin Longmuir, who joined this year after seven seasons at West Coast, helped him prepare for Kennedy.

Its obviously frustrating sitting on the sidelines watching the boys do so well, Moore said.

I was itching to be part of it.

I played (in defence) as an 18-year-old a lot, when I played at Oakleigh Chargers I did both ends, so I feel pretty comfortable down there, he said.

If Bucks wants to put me (on Brown) Ill relish it and take it with both hands.

Moore said the bleached blond hairdo he sported against the Eagles helped cheer him up while in rehab.

Im taking all the feedback on-board and not listening to much of it, he said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/collingwood-tall-darcy-moore-in-no-rush-to-sign-new-deal-with-magpies-as-he-returns-to-footy/news-story/71d516d9f5568d343a4293f65b83dd27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: