Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed & Bucks last night

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right 😆😄😂 Dear me, you believe this crap dude until you get a better filter for recognising bullshit from reality. You’ll get there one day.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Let's be careful what we wish for here. Whilst I'm undecided whether Eddie should continue, consider this: our last high profile president (before Eddie) was Al MacAlister - outspoken and controversial but he generally turned the club around. When his time came to an end we had a low profile president (Kevin Rose) who presided over a very lean period indeed. The winds of change swept through and in came Eddie, who basically turned us back into a powerhouse club. The moral of the story, and the thing that perhaps worries me, is that if we ditch Eddie and slip back into "low profile" mode then there may be some lean times ahead. We are the biggest club and need a president that encapsulates that - not saying that Eddie staying is the answer, just that if he's replaced it needs to be someone who is strong, bold and won't settle for mediocrity.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:33 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I can understand that you’re angry with the club now because of last night’s performance,but what did you really expect them to say?That we’re hopeless,that the list is no good,that the club needs to rebuild?Did you expect them to rant like an angry supporter on a message board like this?

Don't mistake resignation for anger.
Just a few home truths.
You remember truth don't you?

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:36 pm

tbaker wrote:
Let's be careful what we wish for here. Whilst I'm undecided whether Eddie should continue, consider this: our last high profile president (before Eddie) was Al MacAlister - outspoken and controversial but he generally turned the club around. When his time came to an end we had a low profile president (Kevin Rose) who presided over a very lean period indeed. The winds of change swept through and in came Eddie, who basically turned us back into a powerhouse club. The moral of the story, and the thing that perhaps worries me, is that if we ditch Eddie and slip back into "low profile" mode then there may be some lean times ahead. We are the biggest club and need a president that encapsulates that - not saying that Eddie staying is the answer, just that if he's replaced it needs to be someone who is strong, bold and won't settle for mediocrity.

He won't be replaced. It is a fiefdom now.
Lean times ahead anyway for the reasons I have outlined.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:56 pm

1970 wrote:
Say nothing maybe.

Looked pretty composed to me. Bucks spoke for nearly 20 minutes. You couldn't shut him up.

Ed can talk under water. He knows exactly what is going on. He runs the club.

Mate, where have you been, have not seen you on here in years. long time, what brought you back, or have you been waiting for this moment, when we crash out of contention ? Why not respond last week, when we had a great and memorable victory ? why wait now ? FWIW, i thiink Ed should stand down, his time has come, and Bucks will see out his contract. Yes, make changes at Board level too, im all for that. Even if we had won last night, we would not have beaten the LIons, on their own pissing ground, and the Cats wont beat them either. This has been one hell of a covid 19 season, for us, only team aside from Hawks, who had to play 3 games, in 12 days, in 3 different States. no wonder we are stuffed, miracle to make the Finals , really. But im not against change, i can embrace it, yes.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Ed & Bucks last nightReply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
1970 wrote:

Ed's mates in the media will keep reinforcing the message that "Collingwood are a quality side" despite all evidence to the contrary.

Who are these mythical beings in the media who think we’re the bees knees? Because all I see and hear is the opposite.

We are a quality side. Start of the season with no covid we proved that. We proved it in Perth. Geelong lost the previous week and people said they’re on the wane — flog is and they’re flag favourites again. Dude, media have no idea, they’re bandwagoneers

FACT is we copped the worst fixture, aside from Hawthorn, 3 games, in 12 days, in 3 different States, TWICE, no other team copped that, certainly not the Cats or Tigers. We spent all our petrol tickets in Perth, had nothing left too give.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm

I can accept losing, but there is no excuse for what happened last night, not flying, not fixture, not petrol in the tank... not even injuries - nothing..
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm

1970 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I can understand that you’re angry with the club now because of last night’s performance,but what did you really expect them to say?That we’re hopeless,that the list is no good,that the club needs to rebuild?Did you expect them to rant like an angry supporter on a message board like this?

Don't mistake resignation for anger.
Just a few home truths.
You remember truth don't you?

Such an unnecessary thing to say. You're not the only one who is disappointed and hurting. Some of us choose not to rubbish the club and sink the boots in, just because our personal expectations and hopes were not met.
I thought Eddie spoke with dignity and composure under difficult circumstances.
I thought Bucks was his usual self - honest, open with his thoughts and emotions, proud of his boys, yet fully aware that there are some areas that need to be addressed.
Boot 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:12 pm

It is disappointing to see the anti Ed & Bucks crew take to their keyboards suggesting the only way forward is to sack the President and Coach whenever Collingwood get beaten.
I'm all for constructive criticism and look to change, but if you're pushing for change then come up with a valid replacement. Same goes with criticism of the playing group. If you drop someone, name who would be better.
Personally, I still think Collingwood is lucky to have Eddie McQuire as our president and I strongly believe Bucks is the best coach for Collingwood team at the moment, albeit he would want to have a good year next year to remain and get a new contract.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Bucks pretty much threw the players under a bus (although in the nicest way possible...) in the presser last night? He took zero 'personal responsibility, which has been a common theme in his tenure.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:18 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I can accept losing, but there is no excuse for what happened last night, not flying, not fixture, not petrol in the tank... not even injuries - nothing..

Well, cry me a river then.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Bucks pretty much threw the players under a bus (although in the nicest way possible...) in the presser last night? He took zero 'personal responsibility, which has been a common theme in his tenure.

Geez, have you even watched it!!!! How you could come to this conclusion beggars belief.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Well, cry me a river then.
I'm not crying, I have always hoped for the best but expected the worst since 2012....

We need to stop making excuses and look at the obvious.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Do u honestly think the players wanted to come out an play like that ?? im as disappointed as anyone, but last night bore NO resemblance to the week before, against a better team than the ageing Cats. We ran out of gas, exhausted, its NOT an excuse, there are reasons for shocking perfomances like that. We were a stuffed, buggered team, against an old, but still pretty good team, on a mission, to rectify one Finals win, out of 16 Finals, even Sellwood admitted as much.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:23 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Geez, have you even watched it!!!! How you could come to this conclusion beggars belief.
Geez yes of course I watched it - you need to take your rose colored glasses off and see things for what they're.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: