Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley can't coach. Keep persisting with him and we destroy our membership numbers and revenue.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:23 am

35forever wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Nothing ever changes

Ever...

Same old...

Dogs were bold in changing their coach from McCartney to Beveridge

Meanwhile we...

Ah, my heart isn't in it after 5 years of this

Oh Man do I ever feel ya!
We shoulda beaten the premiers, I thought we would, but we were beaten yet again by the one thing that ensures we'll only ever succeed once or twice in most peoples lifetime.

Did ANYONE, anyone at all, think the umps were completely fair and impartial? If so, u weren't watching, so watch again. Look at where & when, as well as what for & how often. If u don't have Foxtel u can watch it on the AFL site next week.
But that ain't the problem!

Does anyone anywhere in the cosmos feel that the side which was 12th the last 2 years should be playing both the premiers & runners up in the first 3 weeks? Or that we should play all 4 Prelim finalists PLUS the premiers of the previous 3 years by round 9? (also each of our first 9 opponents beat us last year.) In an era where the 8 don't change much - if at all - after Rd 6 that is death.

But that aint the Problem!

Does ANY ONE AT ALL still believe that having the longest injury list for a SIXTH straight year is just bad luck/coincidence? Really? Anyone? I can't find any instance of it happening for even 3 years to any club ever.

But that aint the problem either!!!

Does anyone wonder why we are the only side holding on to a coach who is clearly the worst coach theres been in 40 years, the only 5 year coach who has won less games every year, and very obviously is totally useless on match day? While ALL the sides who have swapped coaches have risen?

But No, that still aint it!

Does anyone else wonder why our kicking for goal gets worse each season?

Sorry, still not the problem

These are all so ridiculously obvious the ONLY people Ive ever met anywhere who doubt any of these things are the few remaining Tru... er, Buckley fans here at Nicks.
Now were getting closer! The above are all ridiculous, but they are symptoms.

The disease is US! Go read the match thread for Fri night, it is truly horrifying reading! Half of our players get mercilessly bashed, abused, and ridiculed by COLLINGWOOD supporters. Our list is BETTER than Footscrays, and anyone else, but they can't win when they are starting with 5 or 6 problems Footscray just don't have!
A shit draw
A shit coach
Biased umpires
Shit kicking
3 or 4 best 22 blokes injured, and more!

We are nothing like Brisbane, the Goldy, StKilda or Carlton. None of them have winners in every line, none of them have the best midfield In the game (don't take my word, The AFL.com site rates us #1, all others vote us 1 or 2) None of them have 3 great tall forwards, 2 of the best small forwards AND one of the best young rucks. Our 'terrible' backline has some great kids and good experience.

The Dogs had their very best 22, and played extremely well. Tonight they would've beaten pretty much anyone. The only real difference between tonight and the 2016 GF is that they weren't underdogs. That means that our best side playing their best would've won, or come close to winning that GF if we were in it.

Does everyone know how lowly we are rated by the footy world? The 18 captains met last week & were asked to name the 7 clubs besides their own, would make the 8. Collingwood managed zero votes... that's NOT ONE VOTE out of 126. All 17 clubs give us no chance of playing finals. None of the pundits or commentators have us in their 8, almost all have us finishing 10-16.

How could anyone think that after how highly much of our list is rated & we just played our 6th pre-season game on the trot where we were in front at the final siren? If you told me we'd nearly double Footscray in clearances I would simply have asked how much we won by.
I will guarantee that if Wells played & DeGoey didn’t f**k his hand to which WE added 3 games We would be the talk of the game having just downed the Prems.

Does anyone see it yet?

Why do we miss set shots?
Confidence.
Why do we turn the pill over so much?
Confidence
What do we NOT have?
Confidence

WHY NOT?

US. Collingwood supporters. We have a symbiotic relationship to our club where we are an Albatross around their necks & they are a really heave Albatross around ours.
We expect to lose. We expect Collingwood to lose. And of course both things happen every time.
If you knew the history of our club over the last 50 years as well as I do you'd know that it's one of in-fighting, self-penalising (the 3 match DeGoey penalty is just the latest injury to our bullet-ridden feet and a PERFECT example of Collingwood self-loathing). We constantly dump great players, we constantly bitch about the AFL, the umpires, the draw, you name it, but we NEVER EVER do a damn thing about it. We don't like change, we want it to be 1928 again.
Its as though we're still paying & apologising for the 1920's when the whole football world learned to hate the word:

COLLINGWOOD

So how did 2010 happen?
Remember the Geelong Prelim? Remember the chant?
THAT is how. We were positive, we had a coach who was changing the game, innovating, our President was treating the fans & members like they had brains, and WASN’T getting bent over the desk 7 dry fist-f**ked by the AFL, and WE were out there screaming our heads off, backing our players, and copping shite from no one, the result of all these things & more?

Confidence.

A Confident Collingwood would've won by 25-30 tonight. As it was, with all the disadvantages we won every area but the scoreboard & even there we scored more often.

Look at Nicks these days, it isn't a place for Magpie fans to congregate & revel in our greatness, past present & future, like it was 10 years ago, it’s a place to troll & pick fights, to show how divided we are with seemingly nothing in common.

We will either change... big time, or we will spend another 20 years in the wasteland like we did in the 60's & 70s when we played finals nearly every year, with some of the greatest names ever to pull on the great gurnsey, for no reward.
I guess many people think the fans have little effect on the games, but if you were at some of the games I was at in the 70's you'd know better!

We ARE the biggest & best in the game, have been for a hundred years, but if we think & behave like duds, we'll get the rewards duds get. If we think & behave like the best there's ever been and demand to be treated like it, marching on AFL house & camping outside Eddies mansion if need be, and going along and screaming TEN times louder than those Richmond wankers, and telling Bucks in our thousands to start behaving like a COACH on match day, and taking RESPONSIBILITY for our performances instead of just describing them then we WILL, I will bloody guarantee it, get the rewards DUE to the best there is!

SO BLOODY DO IT!

Seeya out there Thurs night!!!

So, all that being given....what are our chances of building a time machine to take us back to 1928? I mean we have access to the minds, money and technical expertise of more supporters than any other club in the land, surely we could make it happen?

Needs looking into, the Pres should be out there making inquries

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:25 am

lose next week and we're a good chance to be either 2-7 or 3-6 by the time we play the bears in rd 10.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 am

Look, I was just pleased we stuck by the guys that impressed in the pre-season. It's such a great indicator of how players will perform when the real games start. Imagine how much worse the side would have looked with guys like Pendlebury and Sidebottom in it, despite their limited efforts in the JLT.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:29 am

DT wrote:
Jezza wrote:
We won all the key stats, except on the scoreboard.

Disposals = Pies 431-392 Dogs
Inside 50s = Pies 62-44 Dogs
Clearances = Pies 43-25 Dogs
Contested Possessions = Pies 161-135 Dogs
Hit Outs = Pies 50-25 Dogs

The dysfunction of our forward line is still a constant concern, and I felt playing an extra tall in this match meant that the Dogs were able to rebound of the defensive 50 with relative ease on frequent occasions.

The defence also remains a worry in terms of how it copes with a counter-attack from the opposition, so there's plenty to work on in this regard.

Our midfield was excellent and dominated the Dogs with assistance from Grundy in the ruck. Bucks and the coaching staff need to find a way to have a functioning forward line and defence, because the midfield will be clearly the key for us this year if this isn't rectified.

In the end, we lacked composure and class to defeat the Dogs. We made some baffling errors at crucial stages of the match and it felt like we were playing catch-up footy all night.

There's still plenty to be cautiously optimistic about and it's not a defeat we should feel despondent about. This was far from the debacle we witnessed in round 1 last year.

Very important that we beat the Tigers next week with the aim of curbing Dustin Martin's influence on the game. Richmond will have the benefit of an extra day's break, but hopefully that doesn't affect us too much.

Excellent post. The issue that I see unlike the media pundits as posing the biggest problem for the Pies manifested itself large last night. An unbalanced forward line that doesn't capitalise on the wealth of opportunities provided to it. We have overwhelming power now and should have won that game with an average forward line. But we are so far below average it is a crying shame. This is a huge knock on our stupid recruiting policy which took a talented idiot in JDG and overlooked Peter Wright. If we had 2m Peter we would be one key defender away from being s top 4 prospect. Hine and Co should hang their bloody heads in shame for not observing tried and true principles about list building. StK - McCartin Bruce Carlisle - Melb - Hogan Weideman McDonald x 2 - Collingwood - Moore .... crickets. We are going to miss the boat on a tilt at the top 4 or higher because we don't have the experienced talls at the time of having a top ruck and midfield. HUGE problem!

Excellent posts boys and I understand your arguments. Although I don't think you give the Dogs enough credit. We all knew that their greatest strengths are defence and attack from the rebound. I felt Buckley used the right balance, we did win the clearances but their defence was right on to us and we couldn't get the ball on the outside to get a clear entry, we were bombing a lot and they were easily cut off by the extra two men they positioned a kick away. Unfortunately Blair had a night he would rather forget and muffed up clear linking chances that if we had converted would have kept us in the game. Moore was well held and obstructed (don't know if it was legal or not) The Dogs have done this also to the duo Franklin and Tippett. When they got the pill you can't but admire how they sliced though us with the precision of a surgeon. Some of their early goals (5 straight )...... well take your hats off. Then it was all uphill for us. They controlled the game and had us playing catch up footy. Take heart from our lot for closing the gap before letting it slip with unfortunate turn overs that were duly punished.
Having Cox in the ruck and as a forward was a good move ( he was not bad ) but the difference between the two sides was their skills were better on the night especially early they had something like 14 goals 5 behinds ...........
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 am

Overall pleased with the performance against the premiers.
Plenty of things to work on. Mainly kicking skills, but unfortunately we say that every year.
Liked Hoskin-elliots game. Clean, efficient, effective.
Umpiring against us and why are the bulldogs allowed to throw the ball over their shoulder all the time.
Blair was useless again.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:34 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
rad wrote:
play Howe full forward. Never beaten in the air. Would take the best defender which frees up Moore. Blind Freddie would even play Howe forward.

Yep, its time to switch him up, we need some class up there desperately

Agree with this, Moore needs protection too, before his body gets smashed, and Cox was as useless as those proverbial tits, if he can't mark (and the one on the wing meant nothing, he didn't even kick the ball he hand passed it) he's done, he can't get down low, and is too slow) thing is though, move Howe it leaves defence exposed.

And why why why doesn't Buckley leave a player back? They ran into an open goal at least three times, and there is the game right there

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:37 am

Haff wrote:
derkd wrote:
500k a year on a guy like Mayne did not show enough at Freo to suggest the money was warranted.

and as i sdaid at the time 500k a year on Wells at 32 as injured as he is....gee he is going to have to play out of his skin when he gets back .

Mayne was far from the worst.

Yep, aside from that missed mark I thought he was pretty bloody good, kept us in it at times, I don't get the hate, on similar money to what we paid Cloke, did far more

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:39 am

partypie wrote:
To be fair to Cox he was injured twice early in the game.
I thought there was a lot to like about the Pies tonight, WHE is a good inclusion
what happened to Cox?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 am

Thing is, slowly, slowly the Buckley supporters are starting to waver...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:51 am

jatsad wrote:
Damien wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Can't wait for the Buckley sycophants to come out and support him. The way the bulldogs ripped us up scoring effortless goals shows the disarray of our defence. Buckley should have tried to change things to stem the flow after they kicked in front following us hitting the front in the third. A class midfield, D class forward line waisting opportunities. Buckley, just go. You won't get them into the finals. Spare us the bullshit media conferences. Bring Paul Roos to the club before we are forced to rebuild again. Richmond will tear us a new one next week.

Yeah cos they played such a quality opponent last night. Shut down Dusty and there was nobody else.

So we get beaten by the reigning premier in RD 1 so let's sack the coach. Real intelligent.

What you fail to see however is that the mistakes made tonight, and there were plenty, were the same mistakes made last year.

Bad kicking, brain fades and a sieve like defense is what we had to put up with last year.

Nothing has changed.

With that midfield, and with the amount of ball they had, we should just about have won that game, if not for the stupid mistakes.

And now for my rant.

If anyone can argue positively for keeping Blair in the team, speak up now. Just not good enough. Cox and Grundy cannot be on the ground at the same time. Mayne will not be the answer. The zone defense clearly does not work for whatever reason.

This will hopefully be rectified next week with Elliot now fit and maybe Broomhead.

Yup and watching the tigers the other night, if we don't do something about defence we may well have a loss that shocks. Mick was all about defence, and it worked, the midfielders worked hard, and could score too, they didn't have to worry about dropping back, now we have no defence,(though I thought Reid, Maynard and Howe were good, they won't be enough, and their instructions are crap, left the square open too often) the midfielders have to drop back too far, and get knackered.

Don't start me on the forward line, Moore was terrible, too much pressure for the kid, not enough protection, White did well, but is not enough, and Cox can get on the next plane, just not going to cut it, he offers nothing.

Damn shame about bloody goey, swap him for Blair last night, and I reckon we win. It's ok to blame Blair for everything, but the little bugger bust his gut, he still needed someone to kick too, and it was flooded out, as others has said, it's all in the centre, but that's useless for defending or attacking.

Pretty proud of that effort last night, but we lost it in the coaches box, no doubt. Wether that's tactics, skills, goal kicking accuracy, not copying the dogs bullshot volley ball handballing they get away with, or selection, that game was there to be won. The only bright side is better teams than us will rip the dogs to shreds.

I remember preseason someone banging on and on and on about not picking up green, you were dead right, he's exactly what we need. Right now either Howe or Reid needed to go forward, but then defence is exposed. Said for the last two years, we need to pick up KPPs, instead two left.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:00 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
rad wrote:
play Howe full forward. Never beaten in the air. Would take the best defender which frees up Moore. Blind Freddie would even play Howe forward.

Yep, its time to switch him up, we need some class up there desperately

Do people not remember that he's played forward for years and was average on his good days?

He's a good defender. He's not a good forward.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:05 am

Big T wrote:
derkd wrote:
500k a year on a guy like Mayne did not show enough at Freo to suggest the money was warranted.

and as i sdaid at the time 500k a year on Wells at 32 as injured as he is....gee he is going to have to play out of his skin when he gets back .

Put Wells in and we win that game.

Bullshit! That drives me nuts! He's injured. You can't put him in there.

Everyone banging on about Blair Blair Blair. Fair enough, I wasn't happy with his game last night either, but if your going to replace him put forward a real suggestion. If wells played last night it would have been worse not better, because he's $£$%^%%$ injured!

The only player you can say that about is DeGoey, because he's out because he's a fricken tool! I love the kid but his stupid stupid stupid 21st lost us the game last night. Gees my daughter has been to about 30 21sts in the last year, I kid you not, and not one of the, has ended with anyone breaking a hand! But that's besides the point,

Who was healthy and could have played instead of Blair?

And if one player would have made the difference it still would not have been Blair, bad as he was. Cox was far worse, he did absolutely nothing. He took one mark far out on the wing, but does he roost it forward? No he hand passes backwards!

But it wasn't one player. It was 1 goal 9 points at one stage. That's a possible 54 extra points if we kick straight. Game over right there.

And I'm telling you now, if we leave the square empty like we did last night for the Tigers game, we will get slaughtered. Did you see how many goals the tigers kicked from a distance at any angle? The Bulldogs kicked Maybe three, the rest from marks of closer in.

Jamie will make a massive difference forward, but we need to plug the defence.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:13 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
lose next week and we're a good chance to be either 2-7 or 3-6 by the time we play the bears in rd 10.

I reckon your right. So if the writing is on the wall, will the powers that be start looking? Forever35 s magnificent rant is pretty spot on. Where does that confidence come from? Why are the players not believing in themselves and their team mates.

On a side note, will a coach that gets done by the Bulldogs throws and volleyball tactics (they are not correct ball handling methods) stand up and say something? An even playing field it is not.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 am

Plenty of effort, not enough skill when it counted.
And the games of Blair and Maynard were indefensible. They should be playing in the goos. Maynard had a poor JLT in my opinion and last night was probably even worse. I love his attack and gusto, but he's been a turnover king. Blair just couldn't get a thing right last night. That dinky Mick in the first few minutes to an open fasolo would have set us in a great start. Set the tone for Blair's night.
As usual there were the usual "why does this shit happen to us and not them moments" where you can only laugh, like Moore finally getting a chance for an uncontested mark inside 50 and he gets falconed losing the ball in the lights. Incredibly frustrating when they give us a chance to build some momentum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22   

Jump to: