Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To the Zillennials: A Warning

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of water to go under the bridge still my friends. Every team is just a few injuries away from having their season derailed. Hopefully we’ve had all our bad luck and been able to mostly keep winning. Sydney’s biggest problem is that the GF is played at the MCG not the SCG. We are in it up to our eye balls. So are the Blues. I relish the opportunity to ruin their finals campaign… AGAIN! 😈
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:17 pm

Not to mention they have had virtually no injuries so far this year... Wonder if they will lose one of their three gun young mids and Amartey (for example) come September... (not that we'd wish ill upon anyone!)
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:34 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
I've been looking forward to the blues coming back into form - I'd love to see a collingwood carlton grand final. Bring it on I say. There's no rivalry like an old rivalry

Dunno mate, the last time we beat Caaaaarlton in a GF, was before the Titanic hit the iceberg, way way back,1910. Since then from memory, they have defeated us in 6 GFs, including the Harmes boundary line debacle. 1970 GF, was in the bag, nearly 8 goals up, half time, but we blew it, lost the unloseable and its haunted us veteran Pies fans since. Never have I felt so bitterly disappinted, a young teen then, it gutted me. Gutted, My only joy was seeing them now have more wooden spoons, 3 more than us, and equaling their 16 flags,they hated that ! Nah, I dont want to meet them in a GF, be a friggin nervous wreck, anyonebut them. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:53 pm

I understand exactly where you’re coming from but better to have lost in love than to never have loved at all. Reward outweighs the risk I say. Bring it on.
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:00 pm

Damien wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:
I've been looking forward to the blues coming back into form - I'd love to see a collingwood carlton grand final. Bring it on I say. There's no rivalry like an old rivalry

Dunno mate, the last time we beat Caaaaarlton in a GF, was before the Titanic hit the iceberg, way way back,1910. Since then from memory, they have defeated us in 6 GFs, including the Harmes boundary line debacle. 1970 GF, was in the bag, nearly 8 goals up, half time, but we blew it, lost the unloseable and its haunted us veteran Pies fans since. Never have I felt so bitterly disappinted, a young teen then, it gutted me. Gutted, My only joy was seeing them now have more wooden spoons, 3 more than us, and equaling their 16 flags,they hated that ! Nah, I dont want to meet them in a GF, be a friggin nervous wreck, anyonebut them. Surprised Rolling Eyes

I understand exactly where you’re coming from but better to have lost in love than to never have loved at all. Reward outweighs the risk I say. Bring it on.

Yes, I agree with the idea of taking on Carlton in a Grand Final and for the first time in my lifetime seeing Collingwood defeat them. The stakes would be high and the tension immense but I think this current team has the potential to revenge the Grand Final losses of 1970, 1979 and 1981 against our greatest enemy in the league.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:59 am

Boot wrote:
Damien wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

Yes, I agree with the idea of taking on Carlton in a Grand Final and for the first time in my lifetime seeing Collingwood defeat them. The stakes would be high and the tension immense but I think this current team has the potential to revenge the Grand Final losses of 1970, 1979 and 1981 against our greatest enemy in the league.

Agree with P & C dont want to play them in a GF
Who wants to bet against a dodgy free kick to the scum 30 seconds before the siren
Or just the AFL calculating a scum victory guarantees huge financial benefits

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:45 am

My opinion based on experience and general expectations of the maggots wanting to be a part of the result especially in the last 5 minutes of the game, is that this is presenting a tempting opportunity I’d rather not give them. I don’t ever think that they cheat but I don’t trust their subconscious bias.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:33 pm

Freo at the MCG sounds much nicer.
npalm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:15 am

Way too many chickens being counted here.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

AGREED 100%. My worst Nightmare. Cannot begin to describe my hatred for them. 79&81 burn like a bushfire

I would rather defeat them in a Preliminary final comfortably and then go on to win the flag proving they are not even good enough to get to the GF, let alone win it!!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:16 pm

Carlton & Essendon unfortunately for us, are both closer to #17 than us.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:07 pm

^ Is this post designed to provoke a reaction?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:21 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

Utter horseshit, after tonight, Dons are yrs off their next flag, cannot even win one damn final, been what, 20 yrs ??, they are to quote your words , shit. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:43 pm

Let’s wait & see shall we.

Carlton as much as I hate the pr1cks aren’t shit.
They finish top 2 they’re a real chance especially if they play SYD at the G.

Watch them spoil Pendles 400th, just like they have spoilt so many of our milestones in the past.
I don’t trust those dogs, I don’t want them anywhere near a GF & I certainly don’t want them spoiling Pendles 400th, but it’ll be just like them to pull one over us.
That’s how they are!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:39 am

ANNODAM wrote:

Carlton definitely. Carlton are the best team in the league at the moment. I don't buy into the Sydney hype. Carlton have the most complete list in the AFL and will be contended for the next 4 years

Essendon probably have a better chance on making this year's GF, but we'd a better chance of winning it if we made it.

But yeah, it'll be Carlton #17 before anyone else. And it very well might be in 3 month's time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: