Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Tigers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
IM probably from the old school of footy, but can someone tell me, why cant we play Grundy in the ruck, interchanging with Witts at full forward, even if its wet ? Big guys don't get any smaller as the game goes on into the second half, as ol jack dyer used to say. Surely, interchanging these two big units at FF, may strike terror into the tigers. ?

full forward has gone the same way as the dinosaurs.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IM probably from the old school of footy, but can someone tell me, why cant we play Grundy in the ruck, interchanging with Witts at full forward, even if its wet ? Big guys don't get any smaller as the game goes on into the second half, as ol jack dyer used to say. Surely, interchanging these two big units at FF, may strike terror into the tigers. ?

Perhaps not permanent FF, just in that general vicinity, to take pressure off cloke, monster units would have to take at least one backman away from clokey Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm

^^Because rebound and the death of one on one play (not that Witts is particularly good one on one anyway). Witts gets exploited by more mobile defenders working him over in the air and on the lead, then rebounding easily as he struggles to chase. This is the argument against him playing the forward/ruck role.

My recommendation is still to play him along with Grundy though Very Happy.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Just as Dwyer is to Beams, Thomas is to Elliott.

I don't get it. I kinda get the Dwyer/Beams comparison, they're both crap Wink. But Thomas/Elliott? What's the comparison?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Perhaps not permanent FF, just in that general vicinity, to take pressure off cloke, monster units would have to take at least one backman away from clokey Question

station him about 45m out to create contests and to allow white and cloke to lead up the flanks?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I don't get it. I kinda get the Dwyer/Beams comparison, they're both crap Wink. But Thomas/Elliott? What's the comparison?

They are very similar in terms of looks, height and body shape.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

station him about 45m out to create contests and to allow white and cloke to lead up the flanks?

Idea GOT it johnny, I like it Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Right. I forgot for a moment that you rate your footballers based on their looks (*remembers Dawes*).

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Just read the article below by Wayne Carey:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/riewoldt-and-cloke--a-classic-looms-20140410-zqt6t.html

I think it augurs really well for us. Travis just needs to get to where the ball is more often...run and run and run (of which he is truly capable, his awesome athleticism is what makes him the best forward in the AFL IMO).
He doesn't necessarily have to mark..his presence, tackling, knocking the ball down to the ground for Jamie, JT, etc, handballing to our small forwards... anywhere and everywhere in the 50 m arc could really shake up our forward line and ignite it. Add to that Jessie White (who must be covered by the opposition) and other tall guys resting in the forward line (such as Jarrod Witts tomorrow night) and this could be quite a lethal cocktail for the opposition.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:33 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/riewoldt-and-cloke--a-classic-looms-20140410-zqt6t.html

I think it augurs really well for us. Travis just needs to get to where the ball is more often...run and run and run (of which he is truly capable, his awesome athleticism is what makes him the best forward in the AFL IMO).
He doesn't necessarily have to mark..his presence, tackling, knocking the ball down to the ground for Jamie, JT, etc, handballing to our small forwards... anywhere and everywhere in the 50 m arc could really shake up our forward line and ignite it. Add to that Jessie White (who must be covered by the opposition) and other tall guys resting in the forward line (such as Jarrod Witts tomorrow night) and this could be quite a lethal cocktail for the opposition.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Agree it's a good option to slip in occasionally.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 pm

DP

Last edited by jackcass on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:59 am; edited 3 times in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Right. I forgot for a moment that you rate your footballers based on their looks (*remembers Dawes*).

Confused

I don't rate footballers by there looks but I'll certainly comment about two footballers who could easily be brothers based on there looks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: