Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Hawks - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be very hard to win, must turn the game into a real scrap

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah, super ugly lock down game and try to win the fast breaks is the only hope I see.

Both Frost and Elliott would need to play for us to be any chance. If the rumours are true and they miss we are screwed.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Yep. Pies by 24 points.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
Obviously the Hawks are a well respected outfit, even if they're not in full swing at the moment. Like most Collingwood supporters, I still rate them super high. I'd like to think we've had our eye on this game for a little while. I like our chances. Collingwood to win.

Love your enthusiasm but I'm in the "oh f*#@, we're in for a repeat of last weekend at both AFL and VFL levels" camp.... Having 14 senior and rookie listed players unavailable, half arguably best 22, is a bridge just too far.

Would be over the moon if the side managed to pull off an unlikely win but reality suggests that I'd better be prepared for the opposite.

Agree. I would much rather make sure that we definitely win against the mangy scum next week with a few players back. This week is a Socceroos like expectation for a win at the world cup, quite possible but highly unlikely. Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:15 pm

jackcass wrote:
Yeah, super ugly lock down game and try to win the fast breaks is the only hope I see.

Both Frost and Elliott would need to play for us to be any chance. If the rumours are true and they miss we are screwed.

I know that Frost has problems with a knee but what is the injury rumour about Elliot?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I've been waiting all year for Swanny to return to the side, so I'm hoping it's tomorrow. Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Leggie wrote:
Yep. Pies by 24 points.

cautiously optimistic. pies by 7-13.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I know that Frost has problems with a knee but what is the injury rumour about Elliot?

Might have an ankle issue.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Haven't felt this certain about losing a game since the '03 GF, it really is a sickening feeling. Cannot see us containing guys like Gunstan and Rioli and Lake always has Cloke's measure. It's also gonna hurt playing against a bloke who'd be pretty handy right now and probably should've held onto in Ceglar. Too negative? Perhaps but I'll still be there cos' you just never know. C'mon Pies!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Pies by three points, in a cliffhanger. Other wise, im a getting very nervous bout this one.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies by three points, in a cliffhanger. Other wise, im a getting very nervous bout this one.

I just LOVE your positive attitude and super optimism Piesnchess! I hope and pray that you are right Laughing Cool
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Not sure if Blair or Bambi the way this very very average footballer who impacts the games once or twice a year gets defended on here.

My optimism from a couple of days ago has all but gone after the selection and question marks on fitness of 4/5 of our players.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Defender wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
What pisses me off the most about Blair is he's often a fwd 50 target whilst being outnumbered, he needs to GTFO of the fwd line, he often cheats and runs fwd, we all know this, it has to stop.

He never marks the ball in that situation and never controls the drop either because he always loses his feet, he's a $£$%^%%$ hack IMO, as a leading fwd at least.

Seriously, how many times over the last few weeks have we had clean ball going inside 50 and we've chose to go to an outnumbered Blair lol, FFS, who's coaching our fwd line again?

Oh and let's not forget those leads are all along the boundary as well.

So it's his fault the midfield choose him as an out numbered target?

The guy tries his guts out for our club. If his best isn't good enough let the selectors decide and take it out on them. All he's trying to do is play footy and do his best. He's a premiership player FFS.

Believe it or not our midfield doesn't have time to decide who they kick to mostly, if they see a hard lead they'll mostly honour it, they are taught to honour the first option, trouble is Blair is cheating and becoming that option.

What a disgraceful comment about a Collingwood Premiership player who is physically small by todays standards, is certainly not the most naturally player out there but a player who gives it everything his has - every match.

Don't be so precious petal, Pendles called the whole midfield cheats not so long ago.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:06 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Haven't felt this certain about losing a game since the '03 GF, it really is a sickening feeling. Cannot see us containing guys like Gunstan and Rioli and Lake always has Cloke's measure. It's also gonna hurt playing against a bloke who'd be pretty handy right now and probably should've held onto in Ceglar. Too negative? Perhaps but I'll still be there cos' you just never know. C'mon Pies!

I was feeling all too confident heading into that game, what was your post?

Anyway, hoping for the best but fearing the worst is the best way to describe my view on the game; wouldn't surprise me if we belted them though, it would be typical Colliingwood

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:25 pm

3rd degree wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dropping Blair amongst the injuries we have would
seem like a knee jurk reaction to some. But why persist
with what we already know. Unless your playing
your role that's required at consistent level, give some
one else a go. After all it's a development year, so we're told.

I hear stories from the Magpie Manger , that Fasolo has screws loose inside his chamber. And Chopper Reid has a twinge in inside his quad.
I must say it is quite fitting I dont know where Sinclair is sitting , but Freeman is a man who is always has his hamstring inside a dock. -

Hi to Nick Cave

We may be in need of mercy come tomorrow afternoon. I just hope we're not heading for an execution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: