Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to win the first round of finals.... if essendon didntt drop so many players i would suggest we lose on purpose and hit port at the G first week of finals
We dont wanna end up in a semi against carlton or saints in melbourne.
We have a better chance against port at G than Mel

and i cant trust Richmond to beat Port in adelaide to allow us to still win over bombers

Our best chance in finals is actually if we lose this weekend.

Get it done boys.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:19 pm

Want us to win big and secure the minor premiership.

Stop flirting with form and start getting serious. Our form over the past month hasn't been great, so this is a great stepping stone of building some momentum heading into the finals.

Essendon are undermanned and out of form, but that shouldn't be a reason to go soft on them.

Great to see JDG and Hill back in the side. Just like last year, Macrae gets an opportunity in the final H&A match of the season.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
We have to win the first round of finals.... if essendon didntt drop so many players i would suggest we lose on purpose and hit port at the G first week of finals

and i cant trust Richmond to beat Port in adelaide to allow us to still win over bombers

Get it done boys.

THAT is just nuts, ludicrous, you never lose on purpose, get real, silly to even consider it. it is what it is, we play whom we play, the Deeees dont faze me, one bit, they only beat us last time cos we had 6 stars out to their one. and even then, they just fell in, we kicked more goals. We would have to play them anyway, in the end so thats all there is too say. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:21 am

Piesnchess wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

Get it done boys.

THAT is just nuts, ludicrous, you never lose on purpose, get real, silly to even consider it. it is what it is, we play whom we play, the Deeees dont faze me, one bit, they only beat us last time cos we had 6 stars out to their one. and even then, they just fell in, we kicked more goals. We would have to play them anyway, in the end so thats all there is too say. Surprised

we have daicos for certain in the prelim
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:05 am

woodys_world69 wrote:

Get it done boys.

That's just loser speak, really. If we're worried about who and where we're playing in finals at this stage of the year then clearly we lack the belief that we are the best. Might as well throw in the towel now!

tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:20 am

^ Exactly right Frankie.
And for those that fear Melbourne - if it is justified and we were to lose, it is better to lose in the 1st final, rather than a cut-throat prelim.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:22 am

K wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
What should be a regulation win is now a genuine 50:50 game. Bombers will be throw everything at us even though they are very unlikely to play finals.

Err... No...

Bumbers need to win something like 160-40 AND have another game decided by the same sorta margin.

Sheesh... If the Pies can't win this one...

It's worse than that for the bombers - they need to win by ~120 points against us AND need GWS to lose by the same margin AND need dogs to lose to the tanking cats. Not a chance.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:56 am

woodys_world69 wrote:

That's just loser speak, really. If we're worried about who and where we're playing in finals at this stage of the year then clearly we lack the belief that we are the best. Might as well throw in the towel now!

Exactly!
Dear me! I had to read that post twice to believe what I was seeing. You must never enter any game with the intention of losing ffs 🤦‍♂️ We need to go full pelt on winning every game from now on if we are seriously going for the flag.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:21 am

Fin is in
rad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:26 am

We are going to win tonight.

We are going to go into the finals, packed house at the G. That alone will run so much adrenaline through the players they’ll be charged up. Motivation won’t be an issue.

We are going to face Melbourne first up. Great. Let’s beat them and THEN have the interstate teams for the remainder finals.

I can’t wait to play Melbourne first up. If we’re going to win the flag we’re going to most probably need to beat all the other top 4 teams. Let’s get Melbourne out of the way first.

Please stop all this negative Nancy crap, sky is falling.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:28 am

I'm pleased to se Finn Macrae get a guernsey, and hope that it translates to significant game time - perhaps relieving Mitchell some time in the 3rd quarter. This may well be his last chance to impress our coaching staff of his worth, though I suspect he knows he's heading elsewhere next season.

Given the Bummer outs, I'm not worried about our perceived lack of height in defence, as we'll have Frampton, Markov and possibly Howe to cover their talls.

Our team will know this game is a dress rehearsal for the finals, so I'm expecting they will play with the required intensity and play themselves back into form. Pies by 42 points!
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:14 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm pleased to se Finn Macrae get a guernsey, and hope that it translates to significant game time - perhaps relieving Mitchell some time in the 3rd quarter. This may well be his last chance to impress our coaching staff of his worth, though I suspect he knows he's heading elsewhere next season.

Given the Bummer outs, I'm not worried about our perceived lack of height in defence, as we'll have Frampton, Markov and possibly Howe to cover their talls.

Our team will know this game is a dress rehearsal for the finals, so I'm expecting they will play with the required intensity and play themselves back into form. Pies by 42 points!

The only way Markov can cover a tall is with a moustache, I’d think.
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:30 am

We will win our next four games starting tonight.

You don’t win a premiership in July nor do you lose a premiership in August.
September is what the boys have trained for and we will bring back our A-game when it really matters.

I fear no team!!

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:07 am

Well simple equation tonight, get your sh#! back together - won't be easy the Bombers will be stinging and come out hard...always bring their A game against us.

Over to you Collingwood, how much do you really want it this year? Let's start to see some consistent pressure...and hard edged attitude in the middle.

The midfield is key. If you can't win it in there tonight...well I don't need to say much more.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:18 am

Interesting little aside as regards this week's Matches.

A number of Clubs will have fingers crossed that there are no concussions this Sunday, given any player concussed won’t be able to play in a Thursday final. That includes Melbourne, GWS, Carlton, Port, Sydney - effectively all four finals. A definite ‘watch this space’.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: