Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Suns. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

spirit-of-alby wrote:
David wrote:
It's probably beyond the realms of possibility, but I wonder what would happen if a club ever got down to fewer than 22 fit players? Would the AFL grant them an exemption to select an undrafted supplementary player, as they did with Essendon at the start of 2016? Or would they just have to name an injured player to sit on the bench for the whole game?

When it comes to injuries at Collingwood, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

As to your question: that's a good question...

I seriously think we should just forfeit the next four games, fall into the eight and reboot with a fitter and more rested squad for the finals. Can we do that?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Strange feeling heading into this game.

Under normal circumstances the opportunity to beat up on side that's both a non traditional rival and the worst performed team of the season wouldn't arouse me all that much as a contest as it would prove very little in the bigger scheme of things.

These aren't normal circumstances however with a Collingwood side out of form and undermanned through injury.

If Gold Coast can recapture their early season competitiveness then this is suddenly a real danger game for us and it isn't a question of by how much we will win it's whether we'll win at all.

I'm still backing us to claim victory but I expect the feeling at the final siren to be more of relief in scrapping over the line to secure the 4pts than one of belief on the back of a dominant display and huge winning margin.

Pies by 23pts.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm

shawthing wrote:
spirit-of-alby wrote:
David wrote:
It's probably beyond the realms of possibility, but I wonder what would happen if a club ever got down to fewer than 22 fit players? Would the AFL grant them an exemption to select an undrafted supplementary player, as they did with Essendon at the start of 2016? Or would they just have to name an injured player to sit on the bench for the whole game?

When it comes to injuries at Collingwood, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

As to your question: that's a good question...

I seriously think we should just forfeit the next four games, fall into the eight and reboot with a fitter and more rested squad for the finals. Can we do that?

I think we probably miss the finals if we go 0-4 from here. Might even need 2 wins.

David Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:56 pm

Collingwood Twitter has confirmed that they made a mistake – Daicos is playing and Noble is an emergency.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Up against another tall forward line this week.
Day ( 197 cm ) has no body strength but can mark. Wright ( 202 ) has been going ok for a while and young King ( 202 ) is gaining confidence every week.
We must pressure their ball carrier at all times. Press up on them and they will cough it up. If you give them space to flick it around, it could get ugly quickly.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:11 pm

David wrote:
Collingwood Twitter has confirmed that they made a mistake – Daicos is playing and Noble is an emergency.

Collingwood FC made the mistake imo...

David Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 pm

Yeah, wondering if they went too early before the selection had been finalised, or something. It's definitely a strange and very specific thing to get wrong.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm

I mean they definitely should have put Noble in, and not refrained like it looks like they have.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:43 pm

How do all those calling for the inclusion of Noble know he was fit? I am assuming there was some doubt about his fitness, and that is why Daicos did not make way for him.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Up against another tall forward line this week.
Day ( 197 cm ) has no body strength but can mark. Wright ( 202 ) has been going ok for a while and young King ( 202 ) is gaining confidence every week.
We must pressure their ball carrier at all times. Press up on them and they will cough it up. If you give them space to flick it around, it could get ugly quickly.

Precisely. Pressuring the ball carrier is where we have been so poor lately, and is precisely the variable that we must rapidly improve if we are to have any chance of going anywhere significant in September.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:01 pm

Final "as selected" team now in OP.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Final "as selected" team now in OP.

Dear Pies4Shaw, what does the acronym OP mean? I have been wondering this for some time now, but afraid to reveal my ignorance, so haven't asked until now (due to having downed a couple of chocolate stouts).
By the way, I am feeling quietly confident about this game. I think we will win well. I love our inclusions...our main issue is the midfield. We just desperately needed inside mids...getting 2 back this week is awesome. May the force be with you Rupert Wills. I haven't given up on you. Tackle anything that moves, and prove that you're serious. Go Pies.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:32 am

OP = opening post.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:00 am

K wrote:
OP = opening post.

Tx

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:05 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
How do all those calling for the inclusion of Noble know he was fit? I am assuming there was some doubt about his fitness, and that is why Daicos did not make way for him.

We don't. But hell this is the internet, we can espouse or sorts of crazy stuff if we feel like it Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: