Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpieazza wrote:
FWIW Im expecting a bounce back next week. I havent watched the game but going by comments here it doesnt sound promising, however we didnt lose by much.
The team will have to have some sort of belief in the game plan and in eachother, more so the latter.

Do they have belief in eachother ? Do they have a strong team ethic ? Have they forged a relationship and a team mantra to go through thick and thin together no matter what ? Have they had history together in going through heartache and tough times ?

The answer will come clear soon and I had high hopes we could hit reset over the summer break and go again, however I think there will be a couple more years of development before we can get some sort of resilience, cohesion and belief ( and not the type of spin that is spun for the media but real belief )

Hope that the leadership group can pull us through this season and we hit em hard next week..fingers crossed.

Watch the game, we were embarrassed.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:40 pm

i for one will enjoy this season now. We are no chance for finals but have plenty of promising kids to blood. Love watching a rebuild and make no mistakes, this is one.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm

SHHHHHHHH its a big secret - if we tell the plebs we're rebuilding (again) they'll tear the walls down!!!!!!!!!
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:29 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
How. Poor coaching that’s how

He (Sier) and the team in 2018 had a good mix of coaching who coached the team as a team of coach,s

But gradually autonomy worked its way back with its old friend nepotism

If persay Bucks was to get the chop ( or honourably walk) would our interim coach be Sando / Harvey or Harvey / Sando

Gezzzzz hope not

Losing Longmuir and Whiskers was laughable - I'd have either of them before the rest of the coaching staff inc. Buck's

How the duck do you add 1 + 1 and get Buckley wants total control so Longmuir, Hocking, Boyd all had to go for Buckley’s ego? Seriously read some dumb shit on nicks, but this takes the cake.

What are you talking about? Maybe you've misunderstood me so I'll explain because this is not about control, it's about ideas.

A coaching panel 'is a brain trust of ideas', we the club or whoever makes these calls decided that some of that brains trust was expendable, but results clearly dictate otherwise... both names mentioned hereinabove have freakishly coincided with the only semi successful period we've had in the last 10 years.

Nothing to do with ego... at all - you made that up all on your own.

I want answers as to what happened to Garry Hocking and his role at Collingwood ?
Anyone got any clues ?

I need em or I am starting a thread.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:31 pm
Post subject: The dreaded T wordReply with quote

Hate to bring this up, but is it time to consider the T word?

Probably premature, but with Nick Daicos as a potential number1 pick, we can possibly get the 2 best players in this year's draft.

Lets just play the kids, give them all valuable game time. Natural consequence of this is we will likely lose most games.

Come year end, we may finish bottom and get the prized first pick.

If Nick Daicos, is rated the top pick, we don't pick him as number 1 and pick the next best player and then match a bid for Daicos .

Potentially we get picks 1 & 2 in the draft.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:35 pm

K wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
How gettable is Clarko?

He's gettable... but Carlton have their eyes on him.

Have they? I think their current coach is not bad. Maybe we could get him if Carlton move on Clarkson.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Haven’t we traded away our first round pick already ? G W S ?
We will still secure Daicos but our next pick isn’t likely to be until the fourth round ( ? ) unless we trade away something significant in order to buy back in
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

I can't think of any other sport on earth, where trust and confidence in the coach would be more influential to a team's performance. Success it's not only reliant on skill, decision making and physical attributes, but on courage, will to win, selflessness, sacrifice for the team and joy in the contest. Absolute faith in the team's leader is necessary for these mental qualities to come through and flourish.

Spot on and it has been THE elephant in the room for way too long ! Welcome Aboard.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:56 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Haven’t we traded away our first round pick already ? G W S ?
We will still secure Daicos but our next pick isn’t likely to be until the fourth round ( ? ) unless we trade away something significant in order to buy back in

Stand corrected. You are right, we did trade it for Pick 24 and a future 4th.

My bad.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:01 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
How. Poor coaching that’s how

He (Sier) and the team in 2018 had a good mix of coaching who coached the team as a team of coach,s

But gradually autonomy worked its way back with its old friend nepotism

If persay Bucks was to get the chop ( or honourably walk) would our interim coach be Sando / Harvey or Harvey / Sando

Gezzzzz hope not

Losing Longmuir and Whiskers was laughable - I'd have either of them before the rest of the coaching staff inc. Buck's

How the duck do you add 1 + 1 and get Buckley wants total control so Longmuir, Hocking, Boyd all had to go for Buckley’s ego? Seriously read some dumb shit on nicks, but this takes the cake.

What are you talking about? Maybe you've misunderstood me so I'll explain because this is not about control, it's about ideas.

A coaching panel 'is a brain trust of ideas', we the club or whoever makes these calls decided that some of that brains trust was expendable, but results clearly dictate otherwise... both names mentioned hereinabove have freakishly coincided with the only semi successful period we've had in the last 10 years.

Nothing to do with ego... at all - you made that up all on your own.

I want answers as to what happened to Garry Hocking and his role at Collingwood ?
Anyone got any clues ?

I need em or I am starting a thread.

Pretty simple really.
Hocking was to be the VFL coach last year so when the VFL was cancelled due to the pandemic he was out of a job.
Surprising though that they didn’t rate him enough to bring him back into the AFL fold one way or another.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
So half on here want us to play the kids after round one and the other half weren’t impressed with Henry after one game ( and Ruscoe ) and want them dropped.
Let’s hope we can all be a little more tolerant and objective when those kids who haven’t played a competitive match in 18 months, don’t set the world on fire in the opening minutes.

Agreed, stick with the kids, they are the future, we lost a lot of experienced players, delistings, 15 or so, no good going back now. In cold light of day, the Dogs are a pretty good team will upset some big boys this year too. Look, they were too good, but with 67%of the ball in their forward line in the match, they could have won by 8-9 goals, really. Our backs were terrific, Darcy Moore is going to be an elite defender, in the Rance category, Quarner, Crisp, Howe, all had a go. Our forwards were poor, game was lost there, De Goey missed two he usually eats for breakfast, Thomas dropped a sitter mark, thats 3 goals right there, you cant afford to miss them in a 16 point loss. Our endevour was there, never gave up, but Dogs had bit more polish, finished off better. I think we will be better for the run, dunno bout next week, the arch enemy, i hope we can re group and get up for that one.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Looks like be a Very Long 2021 Season for Pies Fans IF this the Utter Shit we going to see all season long

Moore was out only good Player last night.

Without Moore we lose by 10+ Goals

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I was not surprised to see that game unfold last night. Looking at the team we had on paper, the midfield line-up in particular did not give me high hopes that we could control the flow of the football for longer periods than their midfield. I mean, to have Noble, Thomas & T. Brown playing through there in place of Treloar, Sidey & Phillips is not going to deliver improved results. As it turned out, we struggled to regain and hold possession and move the ball consistently with purpose. We were rushed much of the time with the remainder spent chasing them around. Hence, the very large possession differential.

The defence has been our saviour and rock of Gibraltar for a few years now. Once again, last night it was excellent but it seems to be showing some signs of frailty. To be constantly under pressure defending huge i50’s counts is going to test the greatest defences. Now that our midfield has weakened from 2020, this is going to become an increasing problem as each game ticks by. The dam wall is going to break once the efforts starts to slide and it will. Moore, Rough, Maynard, Isaac, Madgen etc. are only human and cannot sustain huge efforts week in week out. Our midfield is going to be the reason why we will lose many games this season by these two or three goal margins. It will be the difference between scoring 2 goals for us and now 2 goals going the other way, just by losing Treloar and Phillips, these are holes we have not looked liking filling any time soon.

The forward line. Oh, dear, what a calamity this area looks like continuing to be. When the ball does finally make its way in there, our guys prefer to get in each other’s way whenever possible. Either we are fighting each other over the ball or we are not there at all. Not communicating with each other, not in-sync, not playing cohesively or strategically. There is no understanding of what their roles are. Who goes up in a contest and who stays down? Who leads up and who drops deep? What are the running lanes i50? Who moves with Cox inside 50 to crumb? Who do I look for inside 50 when I have the ball outside 50? Who should be making space, who should be presenting? In most cases, the options just are not there so the ball carrier either has a ping or just bombs it in anywhere; these are our only options outside of the occasional rebound out the back goal, which is not reliable.

Our goals come from hard work and getting lucky with random events unfolding favourably, not much is crafted. There is no system here full stop. Why is that? To put it bluntly, we have no physical structure. Since 1890 we have all known that you need one or two power forwards (Reiwoldt/Lynch, we have none sadly) to target up with one or two genuine mid/small forwards (Rioli/Caddy, we have Miho no reliable second) around them with one midfielder sweeping though for support (Dusty/Castagna/Bolton, we have DeGoey reliably). Our forward line personnel and structure is severely under-manned and under-prepared. Elliot, WHE, Thomas, Ruscoe, Cox etc just simply do not have what it takes to consistently turn opportunity into scores.

Yes, it is only Round 1 and yes we have time to address all these areas, but does anyone really believe that we will? A long year coming up sadly, I cannot see this list making finals, we have regressed in talent and that will mean a drop off in output. Last year we finished eighth, this year how can we improve based on the early signs in 2021? It is very hard to see right now.

Like many others my faith in Buckley is pretty much non-existent these days, show me something to get excited about? He should probably resign at some stage during the season if things regress. As some have said, we should be sweeping the broom through now, take all the pain in one hit just like we did at the trade table and begin a thorough rebuild. Get back to being a Collingwood club, one that makes great decisions in all areas of the business. It starts with a new President, a new coach, new ideas, new goals, new game plans, new players, a commitment to success and that will end with a premiership or three, just ask Mr Gale.

VERY well said, well thought out, some excellent points, by far the best post in this entire thread, Bravo ! Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:57 pm

The most interesting thing to come out of the game for me was the players’ reactions to Treloar after the game.I’ve never seen an ex player embraced so warmly by his former team mates after the game.It gives lie to Buckley’s claim to Treloar that the players didn’t want him at the club.That just seems like gaslighting from Buckley to me.

You’d almost think the players were trying to send a message to Buckley by how they greeted Treloar after the game.Whether he’s lost them is hard to tell,but after last night’s game you’d have to say that the jury is still out on that.It will be interesting to see how the players respond in the next few weeks.That will certainly tell whether they want Buckley to stay on or not.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Buckley and Harvey sando are finished and they know it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18   

Jump to: