Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You need to remember here that it could be 10 times worse than what we’re witnessing today. During the trade period last year Ned Guy was talking up our chances of recruiting Gunston... Now that Ned Guy has left the club...

lol... Ned 'could be 10 times worse' Guy is still at the club and in charge of the mid-season draft

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:29 am

Lazza wrote:
I will fully support any decision made by the Collingwood committee. If they see fit to sack Bucks, it is what it is🙄
Bring on the new coach (as long as it’s not bloody Choco Williams)
Either way I will always support the ‘pies through thick and thin.
None of this kindergarten stuff of resigning membership or not attending game. No hissy fit from me

I will fully support any decision IF IT'S WHAT I WANT but no kindergarten stuff *ROLLS EYES EMOJI* or hissy fits AS LONG AS IT'S NOT BLOODY CHOCO who I don't want so nerrr

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:34 am

I don’t see why people are so perplexed as to why we lost again
It was easily predictable
I’m going to make this really easy to understand for people
To win you need 3 important things
Planning - Application - Desire

There’s a old saying everyone has a plan until there punched in the face
Well that is we have 1 plan. If any team finds a way to disrupt or conquer that we are doomed

Application of any plan or strategy is important. We manage to do it on average for around 30 minutes a week. Mentally we are weak and that weakness starts at the head and works it’s way down the corpse.
Most of our senior playing group are mentally weak. They lack the necessary mental toughness to lead through any form of adversity or pressure. Pendles would get a 7/10 in this regard the others below 5/10

You can have the greatest plan ever but without the desire to be 100% committed to it you might as well stay home.
We have to many players who lack or don’t have the necessary desire to follow the coach for whatever reason
Leaders of men don’t say go as and do XYZ they say follow me and I’ll lead to do XYZ
If anyone for 30 seconds believes experienced players like Grundy Sidebottom Thomas have the desire to do whatever it takes to win games of football for this club they are seriously kidding themselves
Yes they might have good moments during a game but the desire to consistently do whatever it takes isn’t there

Finally our biggest enemy is we are as predictable as the media will be when we loss
We never offer up anything different really
We may move a player around here or there but it means nothing when the methodology of the structure never changes
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Match summary from last night is simple
Sydney are a relatively young side who last night didn’t turn up ready to go in 1st term. Coach let them know made a couple minor tweaks demanded his leaders set a example and the rest is history
1 goal 10 for 3/4 of football ?? Seriously even a 50/50 split of that means we are in the hunt if not winning

People need to stop making excuses for a coach and side devoid of the necessary skill set to get the club out of this mess
What we have is players like JDG Grundy Sidey Thomas who are consistently under performing across a game (they aren’t the only ones but it gets down to experienced players leading by example again)

Finally everyone banging on about Clarkson are dreaming unless we pay him so much money he couldn’t refuse then your not hiring a coach your hiring a money hungry pension planner
Why would any coach worth his salt look at our list and say yes there’s plenty there
Our best player in Pendles is at the end
Other than Moore Crisp Maynard all other players over 100 games (currently in the team or available for selection) are big reasons why we are the mess we are
I can tell you with absolute certainty there are serious meetings behind closed doors happening at the club considering the future of several senior players futures and a couple of contracted players as well
Don’t be surprised (injury toll permitting) a couple of statement omissions happen in the coming weeks to reset some players attitudes towards the value of there place in the team
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:08 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Finally everyone banging on about Clarkson are dreaming unless we pay him so much money he couldn’t refuse then your not hiring a coach your hiring a money hungry pension planner

*cough* Grundy *cough*

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:09 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???

Thank you so much for saying this

I stopped coming here during the "why don't you **** off to Ninthmond era"

I aint wasting my life watching Josh Thomas play football if I'm not devoted or insane......

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:11 am

And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???

Heaps of Collingwood hating ferals come here for a laugh. They probably have laugh at Collingwood threads to fill.
All good though, most of us have thick skins and what goes around comes around. Every dog has his day and our bite will be worse than our bark🦅

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I don’t see why people are so perplexed as to why we lost again
It was easily predictable
I’m going to make this really easy to understand for people
To win you need 3 important things
Planning - Application - Desire

There’s a old saying everyone has a plan until there punched in the face
Well that is we have 1 plan. If any team finds a way to disrupt or conquer that we are doomed

Application of any plan or strategy is important. We manage to do it on average for around 30 minutes a week. Mentally we are weak and that weakness starts at the head and works it’s way down the corpse.
Most of our senior playing group are mentally weak. They lack the necessary mental toughness to lead through any form of adversity or pressure. Pendles would get a 7/10 in this regard the others below 5/10

You can have the greatest plan ever but without the desire to be 100% committed to it you might as well stay home.
We have to many players who lack or don’t have the necessary desire to follow the coach for whatever reason
Leaders of men don’t say go as and do XYZ they say follow me and I’ll lead to do XYZ
If anyone for 30 seconds believes experienced players like Grundy Sidebottom Thomas have the desire to do whatever it takes to win games of football for this club they are seriously kidding themselves
Yes they might have good moments during a game but the desire to consistently do whatever it takes isn’t there

Finally our biggest enemy is we are as predictable as the media will be when we loss
We never offer up anything different really
We may move a player around here or there but it means nothing when the methodology of the structure never changes
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Match summary from last night is simple
Sydney are a relatively young side who last night didn’t turn up ready to go in 1st term. Coach let them know made a couple minor tweaks demanded his leaders set a example and the rest is history
1 goal 10 for 3/4 of football ?? Seriously even a 50/50 split of that means we are in the hunt if not winning

People need to stop making excuses for a coach and side devoid of the necessary skill set to get the club out of this mess
What we have is players like JDG Grundy Sidey Thomas who are consistently under performing across a game (they aren’t the only ones but it gets down to experienced players leading by example again)

Why would any coach worth his salt look at our list and say yes there’s plenty there
Our best player in Pendles is at the end
Other than Moore Crisp Maynard all other players over 100 games (currently in the team or available for selection) are big reasons why we are the mess we are
I can tell you with absolute certainty there are serious meetings behind closed doors happening at the club considering the future of several senior players futures and a couple of contracted players as well
Don’t be surprised (injury toll permitting) a couple of statement omissions happen in the coming weeks to reset some players attitudes towards the value of there place in the team

I don’t know about the meetings but I 100% agree with the first part, we have a major attitude problem, someone else mentioned yesterday we have too many collecting a pay cheque, they just don’t seem to care about winning, they quit once the ball goes the other way, and if you go back to page 1 I was the third comment and it was simply about their post game attitude, the second the siren goes they are all smiles chatting with the opposition as if job done, where is the clock card machine. I’m talking the senior players here. Pendles immediately after the siren, go back and look. They simply don’t give a ****, and for me, I know I’m repeating myself, but since he uttered those words it’s haunted me,who said

“It’s not my job to motivate the players”

Then coach, I ask you, who’s $$%^%%$ job is it?

Moore, Howe, Maynard, noble, IQ and the kids are the exception. I want more, I want 2nd effort on the ball. and I don’t want to see them joking when we lose. I ain’t laughing. 1 goal in three quarters? I’d die of embarrassment. And again, for those saying it’s a rebuild, who did we lose? We had injuries a plenty last year, but 6th to nearly dead last? I don’t get it

Bucks was right about one thing, his plan or whatever it is worked, for a quarter, but where is plan B when the other team adjusts? He’s had 10 years to figure it out, nothing worse than a coach who refuses to make changes when plan A is not working.

Why do we bomb bombbombto a non existent forward line, but in defence we handball backwards and kick across opposition goal? How many intercepts mean goals for the opposition? It’s not rocket science, indeed it’s local netball competition kids coaching common sense. It is so $$%^%%$ frustrating! And man the **** up!

Last edited by think positive on Sun May 16, 2021 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 am

The_Staunton wrote:

I aint wasting my life watching Josh Thomas play football if I'm not devoted or insane......
truth! I’m also sick if it! Someone yesterday had the audacity to call out Dave, I mean piss off!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:44 am

Lazza wrote:

Heaps of Collingwood hating ferals come here for a laugh. They probably have laugh at Collingwood threads to fill.
All good though, most of us have thick skins and what goes around comes around. Every dog has his day and our bite will be worse than our bark🦅
maybe so, but if true they should be kicked off
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am

Ok, blame the game plan, blame the attitude of senior player and blame the attitude of the club, but have a look at who we fielded last night. Footy is a team sport with 22 out there. Henry is as skinny as they come. What is it? His third game of AFL footy? Same with Poulter. Third game. He’s also as skinny as they come. Then you’ve got Wilson playing his first game. Everyone raves about what a great player Quaynor is going to become, but he’s still just a kid with about 20 games to his credit. You look at Sydney who’s admittedly also a young side but their players are more physically advanced than ours. There’s an old saying, Rome wasn’t built in a day. There is no substitute for time unless the AFL forgives our salary cap situation and allows us to buy 5-6 ready made players to add to the team. Till then we’re in exactly the same situation as Hawthorn and North Melbourne. I still prefer our list to at least half a dozen other teams in the competition. 2021 was always going to be a rebuild period at the club. That a few at the club didn’t see it that including the new president just shows we have a few delusional people running our club.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am

I reckon if the script was flipped, 1.10 for the first 3 qtrs then 4 goals in the last the jungle drums would be beating much much louder than they are now. Still we wait. My tip is, 100 pt drubbing by the pussy cats and the decision will be made.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 am

think positive wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

truth! I’m also sick if it! Someone yesterday had the audacity to call out Dave, I mean piss off!

I hate the true supporter crap. I’ve supported this mob my whole life and will continue to do so. If the only way I see this club going forward is to spill the board, sack the coach and rebuild the list, that doesn’t mean I’m a hater or some piss taker from another club. I want whatever it takes to make the club great again and if that means further crisis and short term pain I will root for big losses that forced the clubs hand, not just see more of the same for the same nothing results.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

“It’s not my job to motivate the players”

Then coach, I ask you, who’s $�$%^%%$ job is it?

I have always thought that having someone else motivate players at AFL level should be unnecessary. They are not kids. If they are incapable of self motivation or haven’t been thought the basics firing yourself up by this stage of their career, they are a lost cause. I mean any coach can’t play all the required roles. The players are professionals and and should act as such😮

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:03 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
That a few at the club didn’t see it that including the new president just shows we have a few delusional people running our club.

Yes this is a valid, surprising and bewildering point. Unreal.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:03 am

And, yet, watching them - plainly it is. So, it doesn't really matter what you "have always thought", does it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18   

Jump to: