Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Sounds like a media person wrote it for him.
I could be wrong and it was his own apology but everything he has ever done suggests otherwise

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:16 pm

But seriously who the hell cares what a 22-year-old professional footballer thinks about COVID. It's insane that we've gotten to a stage where anyone thinks we should care.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm

He ain’t at Collingwood anymore, and someone else will take his place. Moving on.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:39 pm

inxs88 wrote:
When in doubt on a 50:50 Derek Hine, you go with the big man (aka Aaron Naughton).

Too bad; done now. Numpty Hine strikes [out] again.

Having said that - do you think Naughton would have had the same scoreboard impact that Stevo did, in 2018?
And for that matter - would we have still made the 2018GF without Stevo, and Naughton in his place?
Who had the greater overall impact in their first season, is perhaps the question?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:56 pm

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
When in doubt on a 50:50 Derek Hine, you go with the big man (aka Aaron Naughton).

Having said that - do you think Naughton would have had the same scoreboard impact that Stevo did, in 2018?
And for that matter - would we have still made the 2018GF without Stevo, and Naughton in his place?
Who had the greater overall impact in their first season, is perhaps the question?

With us not having a dominant forward since the last arrival of Hayley's Comet in 1986 (Hello BT), the chance to get a fanatical Pies fan in Naughton as a bona fide Key Position Player vs a slinky, skilled flanker was always going to be better for long term list profile.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Quote:
With us not having a dominant forward since the last arrival of Hayley's Comet in 1986 (Hello BT), the chance to get a fanatical Pies fan in Naughton as a bona fide Key Position Player vs a slinky, skilled flanker was always going to be better for long term list profile.

The Roccas and Travis Cloke say hello.

think better 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 am

think positive wrote:
think better wrote:
I think the worst of this incident is that apparently he asked the hospital not to tell North Melbourne

where did you hear that?

Was in this Fox report.https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/north-melbourne-kangaroos/afl-news-2021-jaidyn-stephenson-bike-accident-drinking-hospitalised-injury-what-happened/news-story/d613260fc0867bd765ea8fc702a8248c

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:07 am

think better wrote:
think positive wrote:
think better wrote:
I think the worst of this incident is that apparently he asked the hospital not to tell North Melbourne

where did you hear that?

Was in this Fox report.https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/north-melbourne-kangaroos/afl-news-2021-jaidyn-stephenson-bike-accident-drinking-hospitalised-injury-what-happened/news-story/d613260fc0867bd765ea8fc702a8248c

Cheers thanks mate

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:44 am

WARNING

If it's content is not confirmed by a reputable website (note - not BigFooty) and the mods team considers your post to be defamatory, we will delete it without discussion.

We choose not to have ourselves attached to your lawsuit, but will provide full contact details without hesitation.

If you persist, we will consider further action.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:33 pm

HES now at Norf thankfully, time to move on, hes gone, hes their problem child now, not ours move on. WE have much bigger fish too fry now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
WARNING

If it's content is not confirmed by a reputable website (note - not BigFooty) and the mods team considers your post to be defamatory, we will delete it without discussion.

We choose not to have ourselves attached to your lawsuit, but will provide full contact details without hesitation.

If you persist, we will consider further action.

Lock thread I reckon.

He's gone. Some posters are glad. Some are still peeved about it.

I think we can all agree that we can do without a player with a broken hip right now.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:58 pm

David wrote:
But seriously who the hell cares what a 22-year-old professional footballer thinks about COVID. It's insane that we've gotten to a stage where anyone thinks we should care.

He posted it on Instagram where he's followed by 53,000 people which would include a number of young people and has the ability to influence their thinking and behavior.

In the days of social media influencers, there's more responsibility than ever for athletes to behave as role models.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
In the days of social media influencers, there's more responsibility than ever for athletes to behave as role models.

He IS a role model - for dickheads... Razz

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:33 pm

think positive wrote:
think better wrote:
think positive wrote:
think better wrote:

where did you hear that?

Cheers thanks mate

Shocked

He shouldn't need to ask. Patient confidentiality.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:30 pm

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Dyso, if it had delivered a flag, we wouldn't want to change anything. But it didn't. Then long term is more important than short term.

Dunno how many games Naughton played in 2018. And dunno if those games were playing back. Remember he was drafted as a CHB.

In a game (in the wet) he didn't dominate, I reckon Naughton was great in Q4 against Essendon yesterday. My favourite moment was when he could not take the mark, but followed up with a tackle, won the ball, and handballed it forward to his teammate, who kicked the goal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 124 of 128   

Jump to: