Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Callum Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
This is the comparison you should be making: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=11&type=A&pid1=6321&pid2=266&fid1=O&fid2=O

How about https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6321&pid2=752&fid1=O&fid2=O

E 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:22 am

Stevo75 wrote:
Cal is definitely best 22 now and going great. Well done on the club for persisting with him and especially well done Cal for repaying the faith.

I agree that he is going great, but he still isnt best 22 in my opinion.

He is clearly best 22 while we have 3-4 from our best 22 out. And he is a great player making a great contribution week in week out.

But if Sier, Adams, and Beams demand a spot in the 22, I have him as the 23rd man!!

To prove my point, who would he replace in this side (which i think is our best side assuming Scharenberg and Well never return to their best - a fair assumption at this time)?

Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

Treloar, Aish, Thomas, Sier

Mind you, he is now ahead of some very good players in Varcoe, Greenwood and Reid and has separated himself from Daicos and few others (and i don't think this was the case before the start of the season)!

Last edited by E on Mon May 13, 2019 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 am

dp
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 am

When he is recognised as a necessary in the 22 who of the side E has here
will be left out

E 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:43 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
This is the comparison you should be making: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=11&type=A&pid1=6321&pid2=266&fid1=O&fid2=O

Except that Mitchell was in his second season and Brown is in his third.

All comparisons are pretty dumb in mt opinion. People who care enough to look could find 1,000 players who averaged 15 possessions over six game in their third season. Some would have gone on top hall of fame careers, some are likely greats of the game. Others became decent players, and others probably had 40 game careers. You cant just select one champion and show approximate stats and make the point that he is tracking to be that player.

Unless of course, your point is that its too early to write him off!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:12 am

E wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:
Cal is definitely best 22 now and going great. Well done on the club for persisting with him and especially well done Cal for repaying the faith.

He is clearly best 22 while we have 3-4 from our best 22 out. And he is a great player making a great contribution week in week out.

But if Sier, Adams, and Beams demand a spot in the 22, I have him as the 23rd man!!

To prove my point, who would he replace in this side (which i think is our best side assuming Scharenberg and Well never return to their best - a fair assumption at this time)?

Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

Mind you, he is now ahead of some very good players in Varcoe, Greenwood and Reid and has separated himself from Daicos and few others (and i don't think this was the case before the start of the season)!

Maybe it’s time for “ the Sier obsession “ thread.
Sier has played 12 games and in his fourth year. Potential alone doesn’t make a footballer.
Callum Brown is improving with every AFL game he plays. Sier is hardly playing VFL. Right now, Sier is like the boy with the wheelbarrow, he’s got the job in front of him.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 am

What an excellent position we have when a young player gets in and improve,s every game (against Blues was a real statement) and we discuss who will replace him
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 am

Pies2016 wrote:
E wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:

Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

Sier has played 12 games and in his fourth year. Potential alone doesn’t make a footballer.
Callum Brown is improving with every AFL game he plays. Sier is hardly playing VFL. Right now, Sier is like the boy with the wheelbarrow, he’s got the job in front of him.

i think Sier has a long way to go to get back, and he might have been the reason we lost the grand final, because he ran out of gas at half time and we were effectively playing a man short. He wasnt alone. However, up until that point, Sier was a real weapon for us in the midfield last year (and its a weapon that our current midfield doesn't have - other than DeGoey).

I am not a Sier fan, and would potentially agree that Brown might end up staying ahead of Sier, even if Sier returns to his best. I'm just not sure that's the case....

The point of my email, i hope you understood, which is to say that i agree that Brown has made massive strides this year and, given the low probability that we EVER get our best 22 on the field, its likely there is a spot for him on a permanent basis at this stage. Its just that as good as he has been, i still think he'd struggle to get picked if we had our best 22 playing their best footy. We truly have an embarrassment of riches.

The only team i fear this year are the Eagles!

Last edited by E on Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 am

The body size of Sier and Brown differ a heck of a lot and both boys have things they bring to the team

Bulk is Sier’s main product
Brown lacks bulk but has as much courage and IMO cleaner disposal and footy smarts

Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:38 am

The best 22 is the best current side of which Callum is definitely in. Until someone pushes him out then he will stay. This is why you need a solid 23-28 to cover form, injuries, match ups etc. Whatever happens the competition for spots is very healthy and great for the footy club.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 am

It’s interesting that the “flavour of 2018” was to get a big body into the side
and Sier ,not Wills did a great job

This season it’s round 8 before we have one and it’s Wills who I didn’t think added anything against Carlton but a smaller player with a fierce courage and good ball use was much more effective and that was Callum Brown

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:31 am

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
E wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:

Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

i think Sier has a long way to go to get back, and he might have been the reason we lost the grand final, because he ran out of gas at half time and we were effectively playing a man short. He wasnt alone. However, up until that point, Sier was a real weapon for us in the midfield last year (and its a weapon that our current midfield doesn't have - other than DeGoey).

I am not a Sier fan, and would potentially agree that Brown might end up staying ahead of Sier, even if Sier returns to his best. I'm just not sure that's the case....

The point of my email, i hope you understood, which is to say that i agree that Brown has made massive strides this year and, given the low probability that we EVER get our best 22 on the field, its likely there is a spot for him on a permanent basis at this stage. Its just that as good as he has been, i still think he'd struggle to get picked if we had our best 22 playing their best footy. We truly have an embarrassment of riches.

The only team i fear this year are the Eagles!

Just do a best 23 and add Brown. We always take an extra when we travel. Sier will probably do an ankle stepping off the plane anyway.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 am

E wrote:
Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

No Mayne?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 am

I'd have him in and Aish out.
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:
Maynard, Moore, Langdon
Howe, Roughhead, Crisp
Phillips, Adams, Sidey
WHE, Mihocek, Stevo
Elliot, Cox, DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Beams

No Mayne?

quite amazing isnt it. A team that might not be able to find a spot for Mayne, Greenwood, Brown and Varcoe is travelling pretty well.

I guess the truth is that Aish, Sier and maybe Thomas (although not in my mind) are prtentially interchangeable for Mayne, Greenwood, Brown and Varcoe The other 19 pick themselves though i would have thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20   

Jump to: