Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Any idea the Mid-Season Draft commences please
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:42 pm

^7.00 pm Baz.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:52 pm

Thanks sir 😀
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Boot wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^^^
I’d just question the intelligence of anyone around 206 / 207 cm who thought it was a good idea to go a club that already had the all Australian ruck man ( English ) and key forwards in Naughton, Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy in the same team.

The crazy thing is that Footscray traded for Lobb knowing that they had aughton, Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy as well as Croft as another young key position player. They actually outbid St.Kilda by increasing their initial offer from a 3 year contract to a 4 year deal. One of the craziest trade deals I can recall. Again I think Rory Lobb is not someone we need at Collingwood. Better to invest in anyone of a number of young talls who would have loads more potential than Lobb. ( Hope he doesn't have a blinder on Friday night against us now that I have bagged him Rolling Eyes )

Darcy was young and raw, I dare say the Dogs expected him to be a slower burn than he has and thought Lobb would be a good wedge for a couple of years until Darcy was ready to take his place. Darcy has over achieved and Lobb underachieved against expectations.

Lobb should have really read the room better, but apparently Bevo gave him a personal appeal that he'd be a key part of their forward line up.

As I've said before, his and Cox's career averages are almost identical. He's not an upgrade, basically the same model car just 2 years younger. Why would you spend the money to do that? I'd rather keep Cox for 2 more years.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:12 pm

In our current injury scenario, in the mid season draft we should be looking for a tall to potentially fill an immediate role. It’s a long shot but worth a punt IMHO. Insurance if nothing else. Not sure what sort of contractual arrangement we would be bound to but desperate times call for desperate measures. A mature big player who can make a contest. Roll the dice. We have 2 spots. Nothing to lose.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:51 pm

I agree Damien.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Damien wrote:
In our current injury scenario, in the mid season draft we should be looking for a tall to potentially fill an immediate role. It’s a long shot but worth a punt IMHO. Insurance if nothing else. Not sure what sort of contractual arrangement we would be bound to but desperate times call for desperate measures. A mature big player who can make a contest. Roll the dice. We have 2 spots. Nothing to lose.

Pretty sure the initial contract for an MSD selection is only through until the remainder of this season UNLESS a player declares a specific contractual arrangement as part of his nomination conditions ( as per Jai Newcombe )
The usual short term contract arrangement would obviously suit us initially for a plug and play ruckman but the clubs second choice will be pretty much bound by whatever is or isn’t left on the table when it comes around.
At least they’ve had a good look at Teakle in the pre season, so it won’t be difficult to make a decision on him … as long as he’s still there when it’s our pick.
Joe Pike is another one they may consider He’s a 19 year old ruckman who fits the bill as a project player with their second pick. Time will tell.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:50 pm

A few sites saying Teakle one of only 4 players to nominate an 18month contract if picked in the MSD. At 24 I don’t blame him especially if all his suitors are on the other side of the country again
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:29 am

^^^
Interesting if correct. For a player to put conditions on his selection usually means that a club has already committed to him under those conditions. It also acts as a deterrent for other clubs to pick him up any earlier because of that extra condition he’s demanded. We will know on the night but assuming Teakle is selected by anyone, it’s likely it would have been planned and agreed to well in advance of tonight’s draft.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 4:37 pm

Damien wrote:

I have thought similar, but now I disagree.

We are a very system based team. I read some stuff from Joe Richards how after his first 6 months at Collingwood he rang up Reidy and said something to the effect of he knew how to play football, but this is so system and process based, so much to learn.

I doubt any player from the lower leagues could show up, without an AFL standard preseason, and play immediately unless we gave them a very simple and specific role and got others to compensate for them.

Teakle may be a chance as he did a whole preseason with us, he could theoreticlly step straight into Cox's role but he'd be the only one.

If we don't get him, I'd go straight to tall forwards who we think might go earlyish in the national draft. Anyone over 196cm who is agile, can mark , has great work ethic and doesn't shatter everytime they go to a contest.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:12 pm

Pies VFL Jack Hutchison has become an MSD No.3 pick going to WC. The Pies VFL team could score a team total of 2 goals this week based on the stats to date.

Best wishes Jack except when playing the mighty Pies

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:19 pm

With 2024 MSD Pick 10, the Pies have drafted a raw ruckman Iliro Smit??? Not expected to play in 2024???
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:25 pm

Teakle gone at MSD pick 15 to the Roos. FFS!

The Roos have picked 2 players (Geordie Payne and Teakle) that the pies passed on in the 2023 draft and SSP. My toes are curling but I really hope Hyne has made the right decisions

Last edited by The Black and White Lion on Wed May 29, 2024 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:26 pm

We are building a team full of Germans, Kreuger, Schultz, and now Smit lol
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:31 pm

2024 MSD Pick 19 - Pies take Ned Long from the pies VFL team!

Congratulations Ned Long! Could he deput against the dogs at Marvel this week. He's 194cm, one of our tallest players this weekend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 144 of 156   

Jump to: