Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Korda (13th President)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Not sure what the CFC bylaws are but normally a board spill requires 50% or more of the board to vote for it... highly unlikely to happen since Korda was just elected president by the board, obviously he has the numbers

EGMs usually need at least 1/3 of members to support, and not sure what ther path from is from there to forcing a vote on the president. Might need a majority No confidence vote in the board?

Piesnchess wrote:
I have never heard of this guy at all

Korda was the VP and has been on the board since 2007... how can you have never heard of him?

Mate im a Member yes, but face it, for yrs and yrs all we ever heard of was one person, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE EVERYWHERE, he dominated the whole kit and kaboddle. Fact. No one else got a friggin look in. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:39 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RickyWatt23 wrote:
It's time to declare all positions on the board vacant through an EGM and let the social club members vote for their preferred choices.
We need a transparent process that allows the voting members to make an informed decision as to who we believe are the best people to lead the club forward.

Agreed should be a full spill.

That would have been our preferred scenario, albeit totally dramatic.
Wouldn't that generally occur when a company was trading borderline insolvent, prior to going into voluntary administration, or some such shambles?

When was the last time an AFL club experienced a total board spill?

Anyhoo, these positions aren't contracted, so we might only be stuck with him for a year if nothing improves; having said that - what is the time frame allowed for things to start improving, and what is the process?

The club needs to address it's declining membership numbers as a priority, which is the fall-out from everything going pear-shaped after 2019...

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 pm

The club is financially strong and has competed in finals in the last few years.
Compare that to the other rabble out there and there is no good reason for a full spill of the board.
A full spill does not guarantee anything better in fact it potentially unnecessarily opens up divisions that can linger for years.
People who want a spill presume things would be better when it is far from guaranteed....

RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:46 pm

First, let me say that I have always been a supporter of Eddie, but I am surprised at comments he made recently boasting that the club has not had an election in years and doesn't need one now. I would think that given Eddie's abrupt departure, now is the ideal time to go to the voting members and let us have a say as to who should be on our board representing us and therefore the Collingwood Football Club. The likelihood is that most of the present board members would be re-elected but it would be a good and transparent approach to satisfy the members that we are on the right path. It would also allow anyone else who believes they have something substantial to offer to the Club to present themselves to the members for their decision. I think it would clear the air and allow the club to move on to hopefully a successful future. At this critical point in the Club's history to have an in-house appointee with no consultation with the paid up social club members just doesn't sit well with me. And yes I am a paid up social club member of 37 years standing!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:01 pm

RickyWatt23 wrote:
First, let me say that I have always been a supporter of Eddie, but I am surprised at comments he made recently boasting that the club has not had an election in years and doesn't need one now. I would think that given Eddie's abrupt departure, now is the ideal time to go to the voting members and let us have a say as to who should be on our board representing us and therefore the Collingwood Football Club. The likelihood is that most of the present board members would be re-elected but it would be a good and transparent approach to satisfy the members that we are on the right path. It would also allow anyone else who believes they have something substantial to offer to the Club to present themselves to the members for their decision. I think it would clear the air and allow the club to move on to hopefully a successful future. At this critical point in the Club's history to have an in-house appointee with no consultation with the paid up social club members just doesn't sit well with me. And yes I am a paid up social club member of 37 years standing!

I've been a member for 45 yrs, and I applaud your post.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
As I explained above, he's very close to McGuire and been endorsed by Craig Kelly (Buckley's manager). The media seem to also be doing their best to want him to have the job, which makes me sceptical.

Korda isn't my first choice by a long shot but he was one of the figures behind McGuire's exodus and I'm interested to see what he does first before I judge him one way or another. I can't stomach the thought of McGuire 2.0 all over again which is what I suspect Browne will be if he was ever elected.

I was personally more keen on Murphy or a total outsider such as Bertrand rather than Korda or Browne.

The pretty sensible. The fact that Mark isn't a media personality might be a good thing. I always found it hard for Eddie that he had to break news about other clubs but have to remain silent about his own. There was always a glass houses dilemma.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:27 pm

Hahaha. Suffer in your jocks. Eddie gone, yeh right just moved behind the scenes. Hahaha.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:34 pm

RickyWatt23 wrote:
now is the ideal time to go to the voting members and let us have a say as to who should be on our board representing us and therefore the Collingwood Football Club. The likelihood is that most of the present board members would be re-elected but it would be a good and transparent approach to satisfy the members that we are on the right path. It would also allow anyone else who believes they have something substantial to offer to the Club to present themselves to the members for their decision. I think it would clear the air and allow the club to move on to hopefully a successful future. At this critical point in the Club's history to have an in-house appointee with no consultation with the paid up social club members just doesn't sit well with me!

Sounds like the ideal way to go forward in clean air to me.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm

And what would the members know about running a football club?
Sounds like all they really want is cheaper beer.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
K wrote:
Will be interesting to see what Eddie says on Footy Classified tonight.

It’s a shame that Caro is on leave,or whatever it is she’s calling it.She loves nothing better than to gossip about internal Collingwood politics.It would have been fun to see her jousting with Eddie about the succession plan,but alas we won’t see that now.

We will but not tonight

Demetriou was the special guest. He agreed with Eddie that EGMs are very, very bad.

But Eddie admitted that the last EGM was the one that got him the job.

Eddie said an EGM requires only 100 signatures.

As mentioned above, Eddie also boasted about never having an election in his time. And that all board members have been his picks. (So it's still your fault if things go wrong, Lyon said.)
swooper 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:45 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Hiss wrote:
If they keep this up I will kick the door down and throw my overpriced rotten hot dog at them purchased from the rent a room Social Club bar at the MCG. Korda you need to do more for us members digger.

Oh yes. Please do this Hiss and tell us all what transpires!! Laughing

Alas, like all clubs and the AFL, Collingwood seems more concerned about the corporate dollar these days!!! It's doubtful Korda will change anything in that regard Crying or Very sad It'd be surprising (given his business background) for him to care about ordinary folk like members and supporters in general.
We'll see.......

I was thinking exactly the same. Was hoping for someone who has 'grass roots' at his heart, perhaps history of working with NGO's, NFP's etc.
Instead - holds numerous company directorships .... ho hum.
Anyway, let's see how he goes...
swooper 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:45 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Hiss wrote:
If they keep this up I will kick the door down and throw my overpriced rotten hot dog at them purchased from the rent a room Social Club bar at the MCG. Korda you need to do more for us members digger.

Oh yes. Please do this Hiss and tell us all what transpires!! Laughing

Alas, like all clubs and the AFL, Collingwood seems more concerned about the corporate dollar these days!!! It's doubtful Korda will change anything in that regard Crying or Very sad It'd be surprising (given his business background) for him to care about ordinary folk like members and supporters in general.
We'll see.......

I was thinking exactly the same. Was hoping for someone who has 'grass roots' at his heart, perhaps history of working with NGO's, NFP's etc.
Instead - holds numerous company directorships .... ho hum.
Anyway, let's see how he goes...
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:50 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Why Korda, I had never heard of him until his association with Collingwood.

Whilst I am glad it is not another celebrity, I would preferred someone outside of Collingwood that got the job this time.

I am actually social club member number 92, these days, but they means SFA in reality. I have no say in anything anymore.

I used to get all the financial stuff, the election paperwork etc in decades past.

You probably didn't pay any attention at the time but he was front and centre after the demise of Ansett, when he came to prominence right around Australia with his name in the media on a daily basis for many months. If you're involved in the business world you know about him.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Mark Korda's interview on 3AW today for those who haven't heard it.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=818448

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:08 pm

Jeez....I think he'd swallowed a bottle of valium before doing that interview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20   

Jump to: