Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now does anyone have any footage of Harry's Michael Jackson dance skills?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 pm

I think we all need to thank Eddie McGuire for rebuilding this beautiful club into a footballing powerhouse. Despite his knockers, the bloke has worked tirelessly for our club and he has been the driving force for the past 10 years. Because of Eddie, we have been able to be able to assert ourselves as the "trendsetter" in football. We ARE the benchmark.

We were the first team to have a real "player development" dept, and other such initiatives, that were made possible by the money that Ed and the board have been able to being into the club (despite the issue with the pubs). Thanks Ed!

Mick Malthouse has also had his knockers along the way. We would often read on here and in the media that "Mick Malthouse will never deliver us a flag", "Mick's game plan is flawed", "boundary line football will never win the Pies a flag", and other popular theories like "Mick has no plan B" and the like. But boy, he has proved his doubters wrong. Mick, with the help of his assistants (including our coach in waiting) has put together a game plan that has won us a premiership. He deserves respect.

Mick deserves our thanks and our gratitude. I hope Mick doesn't move onto another club, because I hope he is a Collingwood man for life. Thanks Mick!

Derek Hine (and his team of scouts and assistants), please take a bow. You guys are fair dinkum f^&king unbelievable! You have done some tremendous work with your talent identification. Thanks Derek and team!

I started posting on here back in 1999. I was just a kid, but a kid that was desperate to see our club have some success. At the time, I thought I would never see our club become a powerhouse again. We were abysmal, the club was in dire straits. I'm so proud of where we have come from. But you guys on Nick's have made it all worthwhile.

During the past 11 years posting on Nick's, there are been some fantastic people who have come and go. I want to thank all of you for making this place what it is, and for making our losses bearable (well sometimes, lol), while making our wins all the more enjoyable. Thanks guys!

Finally, thank you to the team for their mighty spirit yesterday. Starting with Maxwell, a bloke often maligned throughout his career and who was one of Nick's own when he came to Collingwood.

We (Nick's) were one of his original players sponsors. This bloke personifies the Collingwood spirit - Side by Side. He has fought for everything during his career. His never say die attitude is magnificent, and it has become part of the heart and soul of every player on our list. This bloke walks the talk and leads by example. Thanks Maxy! Thanks you everyone else on the list. You guys are now Collingwood legends.

Collingwood, 2010 AFL Premiers.

**** yes!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:51 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
For me its about partial completion!

I still HATE the Saints for thug O'Dea king hitting Greening, but them losing today eased that pain a little bit.
I HATE them for beating us by a measly point in 1966 but today's flag has erased that memory.
I HATE Ross Lyon for being such an arrogant pig about the entire Luke Ball issue but seeing Ball win a flag made me incredibly happy.
Lastly I remember me and my magpie mates being verbally abused and physically threatened by St Kilda ferals as 11 year olds at the Moorabbin ground. We have now had the last laugh you stupid twats!

I have been healed in the most wonderful way by my magnificent mighty magpies. What a team, what a club and what an awesome magpie army we truly are - Our AFL domination will be the envy of the nation!!!!!!! Razz Twisted Evil Cool

Love you pies!!

Let it go Lazza. Life's too short to hate any more. We've seen Collingwood win another flag and there's plenty more to come.

Our best players yesterday were all kids. Pendlebury 22, Sidebottom 21, Daisy 22. Unbelievable! We can dominate for years to come if we play our cards right. Very Happy

I DO hear what you are saying but its a case of you not being able to empathise with my feelings because you didn't experience the hurt.

BTW, I had the pleasure of bumping into Magpie Greg at the Collingwood Family day today and FWIW, he too fully agrees with me on the above post issues.

Hey Mods, with this wonderful flag fuelling feelings of peace and friendship all around and all the great spirit that now abounds at Nick's, is it possible to waive or reduce Magpie Greg's suspension from Nick's? I for one miss his posts and incredible knowledge of magpie history.

Please consider this humble request with grace and goodwill at this magnificent time when we too at Nick's MUST all stand SIDE BY SIDE and put aside any silly past issues or events that tear us apart sometimes and embrace the Collingwood ties that bind us together against the hated, vile common enemy of all the other AFL clubs.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Mossi wrote:
Very Happy Dave I was looking for a post from you!! We have seen a lot of rants go under the bridge from those dissapointing GF in the early 2000's And the boys have done it without Bucks nor Ant on the field!! but I am sure some of thier know how was on the field!! Well my Mrs is upstairs and I am going to see that Alan Didak goal for the 47th time!!! Very Happy

Glad to hear from you.... I met up last week with most of the crew we watched 02/03 with (HB, JD & co)... gutted we couldn't share the win in person... and as pies fans like to say, "There's always next year" for that!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Aboslutey bl00dy brilliant
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 pm

What a magnificent occasion it was yesterday. I was lucky enough to have been there in 1990 and at both grand finals this year. I was also at the 2002 and 2003 grand finals.

Yesterday was a very sweet victory. 1990 was more of a sense of relief that we had finally done it.

Here are a few special mentions.

Steele Sidebottom is a sensational player. As I may have mentioned before, he reminds me a bit of Kevin Bartlett when he times his crumbing off packs to kick goals. He is a beautiful kick on both sides, has a cool head, is clean and doesn't lose one on ones.

Alan Didak, has proven to himself that he is a tough bastard. Dids tackling and intensity all year have been first class and to have played with a torn muscle for the last 6 weeks is a phenomenal effort.

Scott Pendlebury - I mark him harder then any other Pie, perhaps because he is the most influential player that we have. What a superb effort in winning the Norm Smith and contributing so much last week as well despite your illness. Remember it was Pendles who laid the almost final tackle in the drawn grand final.

Luke Ball - pure class. No Lenny Hayes, no St Kilda? Completely blanketed Hayes and did the job superbly.

Ben Johnson - the Dennis Banks of 2010. Collingwood through and through, his kicking skills are precision.

Heath Shaw - his desperation and will to compete saved us in the drawn grand final. Now he has shown himself to be in our best again and stopped a certain goal from "St Nick". Great game again. Absolute star.

As for the rest of the team and coaching staff, this is the best Collingwood team that I have seen in over 30 years. The camaderie and teamsmanship of the players is amazing. It has been a pleasure to have seen almost all of the games live this year.

Go Pies, you bloody rippers!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Well said Joel.
#SIDEBYSIDE
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Gotta love it!!! Very Happy

P1070669d.JPG

Harry O's medal!

P1070791c.JPG

P1070796c.JPG

Last edited by MargOZ on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 pm

One big big thank you to our skipper.
Without that desperate lunge to save a goal last week, we would not have had the opportunity to taste victory this week.

I think I've watched the replay 5 or 6 times already and can't get the silly smile off my face. I love my pies. Smile
Laura 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:01 pm

massive hangover. this feels better than i thought it could. i love this club so much!
RikkiRockett 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank you COLLINGWOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou

charmer Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

I still cannot believe it!!! and to beat the St. arseholes!!!!! heck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I still HATE the Saints for thug O'Dea king hitting Greening, but them losing today eased that pain a little bit.
I HATE them for beating us by a measly point in 1966 but today's flag has erased that memory.
I HATE Ross Lyon for being such an arrogant pig about the entire Luke Ball issue but seeing Ball win a flag made me incredibly happy.
Lastly I remember me and my magpie mates being verbally abused and physically threatened by St Kilda ferals as 11 year olds at the Moorabbin ground. We have now had the last laugh you stupid twats!

I have been healed in the most wonderful way by my magnificent mighty magpies. What a team, what a club and what an awesome magpie army we truly are - Our AFL domination will be the envy of the nation!!!!!!! Razz Twisted Evil Cool

Love you pies!!

Let it go Lazza. Life's too short to hate any more. We've seen Collingwood win another flag and there's plenty more to come.

Our best players yesterday were all kids. Pendlebury 22, Sidebottom 21, Daisy 22. Unbelievable! We can dominate for years to come if we play our cards right. Very Happy

I DO hear what you are saying but its a case of you not being able to empathise with my feelings because you didn't experience the hurt.

BTW, I had the pleasure of bumping into Magpie Greg at the Collingwood Family day today and FWIW, he too fully agrees with me on the above post issues.

Hey Mods, with this wonderful flag fuelling feelings of peace and friendship all around and all the great spirit that now abounds at Nick's, is it possible to waive or reduce Magpie Greg's suspension from Nick's? I for one miss his posts and incredible knowledge of magpie history.

Please consider this humble request with grace and goodwill at this magnificent time when we too at Nick's MUST all stand SIDE BY SIDE and put aside any silly past issues or events that tear us apart sometimes and embrace the Collingwood ties that bind us together against the hated, vile common enemy of all the other AFL clubs.

Sorry Lazza I am old enough to remember the Greening incident all too well. Number 22 was my favourite player and I was gutted with what happened to him., but this is a new generation. The St Kilda players of today and even the club have nothing any more to do with what happened then, and besides, we're better than them. So let it go! I know John Greening has.

BTW one important correction from me. Steele Sidebottom is only 19! Incredible future ahead.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:41 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Love you pies!!

Sorry Lazza I am old enough to remember the Greening incident all too well. Number 22 was my favourite player and I was gutted with what happened to him., but this is a new generation. The St Kilda players of today and even the club have nothing any more to do with what happened then, and besides, we're better than them. So let it go! I know John Greening has.

Look if you were there at Moorabbin on that fateful day and your experience of the feral Saints fans was very different to me and my young mates, fair enough. You are a much bigger and better man than me Ganga Din! I take my hat off to you dude. I was obviously scarred for life by those bloody feral St Kilda mongrals Evil or Very Mad Mad

Mods, please refer to my comments regarding Magpie Greg in my original reply.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Love you pies!!

Look if you were there at Moorabbin on that fateful day and your experience of the feral Saints fans was very different to me and my young mates, fair enough. You are a much bigger and better man than me Ganga Din! I take my hat off to you dude. I was obviously scarred for life by those bloody feral St Kilda mongrals Evil or Very Mad Mad

Mods, please refer to my comments regarding Magpie Greg in my original reply.

I was there too. It was bad. Let it go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27   

Jump to: