Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#5 Jamie Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he was trying to do it in a bin. It has a sort of drunken decency to it when he could've gone anywhere at all. Smile
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm

I get really annoyed at stories like this.
Drunk and pissing is not a crime.
I hate the political correct 21st century.
God helps us when this pathetic story becomes news.
And to Jamie, have another beer on me son.
Bring back the old saloon days when some guys never
went to the urinals but went to the spitoon at the base of the
bar.
Well, it was different. A bit gross but hey it was a serious business drinking in the good old olden days.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 pm

well, here's the "news" story:

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-star-jamie-elliott-arrested-for-public-drunkenness-urinating-in-rubbish-bin-20171106-gzg1od.html

FFS,

I do this sort of thing at least once a week on the way home from the pub , if it wasn't for me the trees in the main street would never get watered , the local council should give me an award.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Must have been a few like him at Derby day finished up the same way. Good luck to him adjusting back to training in a couple of weeks time cause it won't be easy first day back doing the 5km run and being lapped by Grundy.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks Jamie. Just what the club needed after the doctor suspension. What next? Melb Cup gambling fiasco with dodgy Pie player syndicate??
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:05 am

OMG this is just so pathetic. "Arrested" and fined $634 for ...a triviality...Meanwhile Donald Trump threatens the world with nuclear destruction, and Malcolm Turnbull /Bill Shorten support this fascist monster to the hilt....
Good on you Jamie Elliott, enjoy yourself in your time off but make sure you don't put on too much weight before the preseason.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:21 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
OMG this is just so pathetic. "Arrested" and fined $634 for ...a triviality...Meanwhile Donald Trump threatens the world with nuclear destruction, and Malcolm Turnbull /Bill Shorten support this fascist monster to the hilt....
Good on you Jamie Elliott, enjoy yourself in your time off but make sure you don't put on too much weight before the preseason.

agree. Not sure there are too many men on this board that haven't been in Jamie's situation. I wonder if the officers would have made the arrest if Jamie wasn't an AFL footballer. Everyone it seems wants a moment in the sun!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:52 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Drunk and pissed, that's some effort!

I'm also hearing he left the bin lid up?

Laughing

Fine is as much and probably more than he deserved really.
Hardly the end of the world

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 am

So, everyone on here supports Jamie Elliott and thinks the media must have had a slow news day. There are even references to Donald Trump.

Jamie Elliott is 25 years old. I don't know how much he's being paid but it must be some hundreds of thousands of dollars. With that comes responsibility. When out in public you don't get drunk and you don't urinate into rubbish bins. This is embarrassing. Sure it's not as bad as sending nude pictures on social media, but it's still pretty bad. Lots of kids look up to Jamie. Whether he likes it or not, he's a role model. That imposes a certain standard of behaviour. If he doesn't accept that then he shouldn't be an AFL footballer. I'm hoping that he does accept that. I'm hoping that he's embarrassed and remorseful. I believe that the club should suspend him from playing in round one next year. The club should take a stand and not slap him on the wrist. This is all about the culture that the club wants to promote.

I won't get much support for this on this forum, especially not from the Nicksters who claim to have done what Jamie has done. But they're not AFL footballers and they don't represent the Collingwood Football Club.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 am

A first up task for our new culture and leadership manager--a man who I believe is up to it and so as his position has teeth club must support him
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 am

Harrysz wrote:
So, everyone on here supports Jamie Elliott and thinks the media must have had a slow news day. There are even references to Donald Trump.

Jamie Elliott is 25 years old. I don't know how much he's being paid but it must be some hundreds of thousands of dollars. With that comes responsibility. When out in public you don't get drunk and you don't urinate into rubbish bins. This is embarrassing. Sure it's not as bad as sending nude pictures on social media, but it's still pretty bad. Lots of kids look up to Jamie. Whether he likes it or not, he's a role model. That imposes a certain standard of behaviour. If he doesn't accept that then he shouldn't be an AFL footballer. I'm hoping that he does accept that. I'm hoping that he's embarrassed and remorseful. I believe that the club should suspend him from playing in round one next year. The club should take a stand and not slap him on the wrist. This is all about the culture that the club wants to promote.

I won't get much support for this on this forum, especially not from the Nicksters who claim to have done what Jamie has done. But they're not AFL footballers and they don't represent the Collingwood Football Club.

AAHHH yes!!! The old "Role Model" chestnut. Maybe he should get rid of his tattoo's and silly haircuts!! He's a footballer, went out and got pissed !!On his HOLIDAYS" no less and had a leak.Was it broad day light? Was it late at night?Early morning? Unlucky the cops were driving by? I'm sure there are many parents out there who would NOT want their sons to be like Jamie or Swanny or Dusty or anyone else who has Tatts and gets pissed and says what they want.Jamie is a role model by default.No one has asked him if he wants to be or not.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 am

Mudlark, being a role model is not a chestnut. It comes with the territory of being an AFL footballer. Having tatts is a separate issue. You can't compare having tatts with being publicly drunk. Tatts are acceptable. Being drunk in public is not.

At the beginning of 2007 Stevie J got into trouble with the police. It was during off-season, during his "holidays". Geelong could've given him a slap on the wrist. Instead Geelong suspended him for 5 weeks. That year he made All-Australian and won the Norm Smith medal. I think he learned his lesson, and Jamie should too.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:38 am

Another thing Mudlark, if you think that no one asked Jamie if he wanted to be a role model, have a look at the standard AFL players' contract, which says that the player mustn't do anything which might bring his club or the AFL into repute.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 am

Harrysz wrote:
Another thing Mudlark, if you think that no one asked Jamie if he wanted to be a role model, have a look at the standard AFL players' contract, which says that the player mustn't do anything which might bring his club or the AFL into repute.

A bit like any work contract old son. So whoever you work/worked for, you've never been on holidays and got pissed??? A saint in our midst.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 am

Harrysz wrote:
Mudlark, being a role model is not a chestnut. It comes with the territory of being an AFL footballer. Having tatts is a separate issue. You can't compare having tatts with being publicly drunk. Tatts are acceptable. Being drunk in public is not.

At the beginning of 2007 Stevie J got into trouble with the police. It was during off-season, during his "holidays". Geelong could've given him a slap on the wrist. Instead Geelong suspended him for 5 weeks. That year he made All-Australian and won the Norm Smith medal. I think he learned his lesson, and Jamie should too.
HEY!!1 Let's suspend him, like we suspended JDG this year and probably cost us a place in the finals.Will that make you happy??? Don't tell me to suspend though.Fine him.He's now got a conviction.Why don't we just throw the prick in jail.And just just as a reminder Dustin Martin threatened to stab some sheila with chop sticks. What did Richmond do??? No one cares.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 17 of 35   

Jump to: