Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynard had 16 disposals - @ 100% disposal efficiency.

Next best: Hoskin-Elliott 86.4

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:40 pm

He also got caught red handed with the ball... so the 100% efficiency idk
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
We lost by 14 points to the reigning premiers,

I am sick of the negativity, we lost round 1 by 14 points, we could have won but we didn't. We all want success, and currently the club we support has this president, this coach and this list.

GO PIES

Edited post to IMHO hit the highlights. I agree completely.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
We lost by 14 points to the reigning premiers, missing from our best 22 were DeGoey, Wells, Elliott, Langdon and Aish.

Four of those are possible goal kickers.

Without one or two key forwards in the game, we need our mids to kick goals, and create opportunity for our small forwards.

Darcy could be anything, but it won't be in 2017, he will only play cameos.

Premierships are won by teams that create new styles, perhaps having a midfield that runs 10-15 deep is the new style!

We are on the improve, we dominate some areas of the game, but can't capitalize on the score board. It's not lack of skill, it's confidence!

Win a few and it will turn around, it starts again on Thursday. Win against the Tigers and confidence will come.

I am sick of the negativity, we lost round 1 by 14 points, we could have won but we didn't. We all want success, and currently the club we support has this president, this coach and this list.

Key board warriors please tell me, have you ever played VFL/AFL football? Can you coach this team better than the coaching panel? Can you administer the club any better than those that currently have the responsibility?

Have an opinion, but honestly, I don't want a lot of poster's on this site in the trenches next to me when we get down to it because, the team didn't give up last night, but a lot on Nick's apparently already have.

GO PIES

Nah. Its worth reading again in all its full text glory.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:19 pm

E wrote:
slangman wrote:
I'm only going to mention the positives from last night.
There have been many negative comments made, which I agree with mostly but after the last few years I don't want might enthusiasm to completely disappear so early in the season.

1. Pendlebury was fantastic to watch last night
2. Howe is an extremely important player for us
3. Treloar busts his gut
4. WHE is class and already his ability stands out in our team
5. Pressure around the ball
6. Fasolo provided some exciting moments
7. Beer at the MCG actually tasted ok for once
8. Smith continued from where he left off last year
9. Jesse White competed well
10. Sidey creative around the goals. Need him there more often

Slight negative....I have loved Clokey and hope he goes ok at the bulldogs, but I will not stop booing him until he returns the money that he "stole" from us last year. His efforts in 2016 were nothing short of lazy and disinterested.
Not willing to trim down for us, couldn't run to save himself, didn't lead as often as he should've, but now happy to do that at the doggies....
I SAY GET STUFFED!!!!....give the money back

for the record, if Cloke had of played EXACTLY the same game for us that he played for the doggies last night, we would have CRUCIFIED him. One goal. Missed a couple of easy ones and didnt really do that much to take over the game. his game last night was on par with chris Mayne's was for us.

The problem is that 6 years ago Cloke was a best for us and we came to expect 15 marks 20 possessions and three goals every week along with 2 or 3 breathtaking pack marks!!!!

dont you see that its all in the perception? Cloke has always given 110%. I would bet you anything you want that Cloke's problems stem from injuries and limited body parts.

I absolutely disagree about Clokey giving 110% last year. He could barely run outside of the F50 so became a liability even though the coaches asked him to slim down end of 2015. They required him to be more mobile which he disagreed with. Hence he got dropped because of his inability to do what he used to do.
Blind Freddy could see that he struggled to run, lead or provide pressure.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:20 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

DISPOSAL efficiency.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Donny wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

DISPOSAL efficiency.

Daffy2.gif

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Leggie wrote:
Damien wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Eddie wants Buckley sycophants as supporters. Less pressure on him.

Seems someone has learnt a new big word and wants to use it as much as they can to make themself look smart and important. Look up the meaning of the word sycophant champ. People on here who are backing the coach are not doing it for any other reason than they have faith and want success. They are not prepared to lay the blame of everything that goes wrong on Nathan Buckley.

There's a saying you should take heed of: 'Never use a big word when a diminutive one will do'. You may not get that though.

Boom. Laughing

Another Buckley sycophant. They're everywhere...

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm
Post subject: 24 hours laterReply with quote

Thought I may avoid posting reviews until 24 hours later this season as opposed to an hour later when the frustration or euphoria is at it's zenith. So here goes:

1. Fasolo: emblematic game from Alex. From boiled lollies to chocolates within seconds continued last night. Struggles to convert in pivotal moments but seemed to be our most dangerous option up forward last night. Must NOT get injured!

4. Grundy: dominated against listless and non-existent Ruck competition last night. Thought he had more than 12 possessions from the naked eye, however his follow up ground ball work was invaluable. Needs to go forward more and exploit his opposing Ruck and kick 1 goal a game.

6. Goldsack: had the better of that "cheat" Stringer whom sought cheapies over the top all night. Needs more possessions and impact.

7. Treloar: only 4 score involvements out of 33 possessions despite a productive game. Lower the shank kicks Adam and you'll be exceptional.

9. White: Gets a bad wrap from the footy community, but hey he is "Jesse White" and he played a good Jesse White game. 18 possessions 8 marks, 1 goal, 1 important miss before half time after great mark.

10. Pendlebury: "Dependlebury" the elite and enough said.

11. Blair: An "abomination" and single-handedly came up with 6 ways to avoid capitalising on goal scoring opportunities. 6 other ways to "clanger up" to the Bulldogs advantage. Plus perpetuating what all is wrong with Pies injury and match committee selection by securing another AFL match against what is "fair and justified". Stamp his papers please!

13. Adams: great first half and inspirational gutsy play. Like Treloar he has to mitigate those 3 "Taylor Adams" dud kicks per week and hit targets.

16. Mayne: 13 disposals, 1 goal, 2 misses and 5 tackles. Like White he played a "Chris Mayne" game, and wouldn't expect much more as this is what he was recruited.

18. Varcoe: frustrating watching this guy sometimes. With his pace and skills he should do more and his "falling over" in the goal square late in game which let slip a certain goal was symptomatic of his night. No doubt our tribunal woes shall continue Monday

20. Reid: can't help feel he was wasted in a "lock down" role with Cloke despite taking the honours. Struggled when the ball hit the ground and his marking strength was somewhat missing alst night.

21. Phillips: excellent first up game albeit his 2nd half dropped off a tad. Frees Sidebottom to go forward.

22. Sidebottom: excellent game and great to see two things, namely: no dinky left foot kicks to the feet of forwards and him spending more time inside 50 hence the 2 goals. He has all the talent and nous to kick 40 if "allowed to" by Bucks

25. Crisp: a bit vanilla was how I would some up Jacks game. Think a shut down role on Dustin Martin would be just what he needs next week.

30. Moore: we all know Darcy is still a work in progress however his kicking errors in the last quarter and inability to mark last night were frustrating

31. Ramsay: He has a lot of fans on Nick's but despite 25 possessions last night, he seems to be reflective of where we are at as a club. Great endeavour but littered with poor skills, no left side and unintelligent (yes Jack you can rush a point: learn the rules son). Not in my best 22.

32. Hoskin-Elliott: 22 possessions, excellent skills and pace and seems to avoid "crab-like, lateral" intent by running direct to our goals. A delight to watch and hope injuries don't curtail this talent.

37. Maynard: a non-descript performance with his obligatory "goal giving away clanger" that hurts the team and us fans every time!

38. Howe: exceptional performance and how we cry out for 2 of him! Has to be the best "pound for pound" mark of all time.

40. Smith: unfortunately had a mare last night after encouraging J.L.T series. Hunter led him a merry dance and his usual kicking and poise was lacking.

41. Schade: they say first impressions last and despite being an upgrade on Nathan Brown, he did get the jitters when the ball hit the ground and seemed to have a dose of the "Goldsack butter-fingers" on key occasions.

46. Mason: unfortunately he in the forward line was a complete disaster. Key dropped marks created coast to coast rebound goals to the Bulldogs on three occasions. His tap work in Ruck was excellent but can't help but feel in modern day footy, he is an anachronism and maybe Dekka should hold off on that "long-term" contract extension.

Coach:

Nathan's brand of "contested footy" was no doubt exhibited all night last night, however the following annoyed me:

1. Do we ever have 2-3 players "over the top" for those cheap goals. I mean seriously did and does this "ever happen"?

2. Does Nathan have a plan B when necessary that can arrest these 5 goal blitzes from continually happening?

3. Did any player move positions at all last night?? Beveridge swung Murphy, Johannisen, Bont and others around the park. Surely a Reid, Howe or Treloar resting forward was worth a shot at some stage.

NEXT WEEK:

In:

* Kirby: c'mon Nathan throw your conservative selection out the window and pick this X factor player ahead of Blair. Kicked 3 yesterday in Reserves game and 9 in 2 Reserves matches last year.

* Broomhead: bugger match conditioning. We need his class and goal nous

* Elliott: apparently trained well and this week and looking like a chance.

* Aish: Should be over the flu

OUT:

* Blair: no further explanation needed
* Mason: let White go second Ruck
* Varcoe: even OJ's lawyers couldn't get a Pies player off.
* Mayne: last man in first man out as they say (tad unlucky)

Knowing Bucks though he'll make 1 change being Varcoe out and Aish in!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 pm

If you want to see a team play the corridor, watch the Bombers, not the boundary hugging Collingwood. Anyone who things we've changed anything since 2010 is delusional. Bucks can't move on from the press and boundary footy that was successful 8 years ago.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I like what you said
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Quote:
32. Hoskin-Elliott: 22 possessions, excellent skills and pace and seems to avoid "crab-like, lateral" intent by running direct to our goals. A delight to watch and hope injuries don't curtail this talent.

That was his Problem as GWS. Never Truly got Rid of the Injury Bug but so far seems to Kick the Injury Bug Very Happy

He is Great to Watch Play

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

That was his Problem as GWS. Never Truly got Rid of the Injury Bug but so far seems to Kick the Injury Bug Very Happy

He is Great to Watch Play

yep fingers crossed!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Fantastic performance by the new Collingwood forward line tonight! So threatening and dangerous! Could have done with a key forward who could take a mark but instead we get Darcy dropping uncontested marks...

1st qtr it seemed like our gameplan was kick it to Blair in a contest. Cox was barely sighted and White was his typical useless self

Maybe if Fasolo can kick 10 every week we might sneak a couple of wins, then again with our backline that might not be enough

Why does every team get those easy goals! Because we are slow and coached poorly, they are quicker and have footy smarts. Also notice Dogs stopped grubber goals by dropping back, no one at Collingwood smart enough to do that!

Anyway good luck to Clokey, if he can keep getting a game he will play finals unlike Collingwood who are a long way off, wonder what odds for the spoon!

Plainly you did not watch the same game I did, we lose to the premiers by two goals, with four of our best players out, and you post this ultra negative garbage. You are not just glass half empty, yours has nothing in it but a centimetre of cats piss. No doubt if we beat the Tigers you wont post, you obviously get far more jollies from defeats, dunno why you follow the team at all. Confused Rolling Eyes

No i want this team to do well but that will clearly never happen with Buckley as coach

I would love to know how many of these honorable losses have we had in recent years? How many times we just lose to the top sides? And how far has that gotten us? Its amazing we are so close to the reigning premiers but then will get done by any other team in the middle of the pack.

Did you ever think maybe these teams take it easy, do just enough to win then turn it on against shit sides to boist % whilst preparing for the real tough games against top sides. For all this rubbish about being close to the Dogs yet they are premiers and we havent played finals in years. Oh and they have won 5 in a row against us for the first time since the 1940's! Yeah we must realky be close...

At no stage last night did Collingwood look like winning, Bulldogs did what top teams do in rd1. I would love to post something positive, maybe next year under a new coach and a new forward and backline!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Worsfold has had half his team for 6 months and did THAT to Hawthorn. I'm starting to think it's mostly coaching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22   

Jump to: