Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the tap out thing bugs me, hes up in the air fending of a knee, studs, hands, trying to smack a ball and actually aim it somewhere, at training to they practice where that somewhere might be? does it have to be a dribble, can he belt the **** out of it? so often others teams get the ball off of a tap and goal, surely qwe practice this??? and that aint Grundys fault!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Went to my first game since the 2018 Grand Final.

Positives-

Murphy- in only his 4th or 5th game showed the courage every Collingwood player needs to demonstrate if we are to climb back up the ladder.

McCreery- gut runs and never gives up

McRae- is a little gun-shy at present, but can find the ball.

Poulter- once he adapts to the tempo, will shine- has class written all over him.

Quaynor- a delight to watch his run and carry off half back.

Keane- took three or four solid marks in the second half- is very raw, but will develop- we must wear some days when he will be soundly beaten by more experienced player along the way.

Mihocek- a delight to watch- a real tradesman-like performance- could easily have kicked six goals-with decent supply against North next week he may kick a lazy seven goals...100% respect..

Cameron- not up to his Anzac Day heroics, but this is a very raw tall player early in his career. I would not be disappointed if he were given more time on ball and Grundy played more forward. Inexperienced players take time.

Negatives

Thomas- a 2 touch first half was really poor- essentially unsighted.

Mayne- made way too many howlers for a player of his experience.Is immensely popular among the playing group, but should play out the year in the seconds

Pendlebury- is the unfortunate person to be handed the ball even when he is not the best choice to receive it- Yesterday, he was like a Grand-Master at a Ruben Cube tournament- everyone handed him the ball when they had run out of ideas.

Sidebottom- is not an inside mid or a full time on-baller, but was expected to carry the load in the absence of Sier/Adams et al. Sidey needs to play forward to complement McCreery as the crumbing forward.

Moore- the great Tony Lockett would not have had any impact yesterday given the poor entries inside 50. He is a victim of an appallingly disorganised forward line which has no clear leading patterns amongst its' constituent members.

Coaching panel.

I wrote a few weeks back, we seem to play constipated footy. Please tell our players to play with the courage to make mistakes, but do so from an attacking rather than defensive mindset.

The times yesterday when our players would flip the ball around by hand in a tight space without actually moving it forward was incredibly hard to watch.

Please support our younger backs by putting All-Australian Moore back there to lead the mob.

Play Callum Brown in the guts in Adam's absence and let him hunt the ball.
Please play Tyler Brown every game to see what he can do in the centre.
Have Pendles and Sidey change as ruck-rovers to extend their shelf-life.

Left with five minutes to go- only buoyed by the performance of a few young players on the day and Sier, McInnes, and a few others the night before.

Floreat Pica
[/b]

A very good analysis Laddy.

My only difference is that I don't share your enthusiasm for the Brown boys. Callum certainly tries hard but simply lacks the necessary skills to make it imo. Tyler has more potential, but I've watched him closely in the recent VFL games, and he has not done enough to warrant a senior berth.

Like you I've still got some hope that Sier will finally wake up to himself and deliver to his potential. FWIW, I reckon Henry will get a senior recall very shortly. He played very well in the VFL, kicking 3 goals, but marking everything that came his way. The kid has very sticky hands. His main problem is he is not big enough for a key forward spot, but as our 3rd or 4th forward, he could do quite well.

I think missing Noble under positives is missing too. Noble in my view is a very fine footballer with elite kicking skills and works very hard to make space as well as providing plenty of dash by breaking lines. He often has DE over 80%.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:38 pm

North making a great start against Melbourne in Hobart. 4 goals before quarter time. Stevo looking good. Bosovalagu with a game. We could be in a real spot of bother next week. Lose that the wooden spoon is on the cards.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:55 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:
You need to give debutant players five games in a row. For them to acclimatise to AFL, the speed of the game, their role and the crowd factor. Dropping them after a game doesn’t help unless they’ve pulled up too sore. They need more than a game to prove their mantle. Give them minimum 5 games before they return to the VFL. The fans will be sympathetic to a coach who is giving the youngsters a real chance. I’m not suggesting we blood them all at the same time. Manage it. You also need experience in the team. The players will respond better around a Howe, Pendlebury and Moore.

I just want someone to explain to me how not touching the ball for five weeks would be good for their development ( especially when they didn’t play a game of competitive footy the year before )
You don’t get used to AFL tempo in four weeks. It usually takes a couple seasons or more and it can’t be rushed. The body and mind adapt when it’s ready, no sooner. Imagine if Henry, Rantall and Kelly were all given five games straight. Do you reckon anyone would be praising the coach for his development of the kids 😂
Maybe it’s just coincidence that Poulter and McCreery have been our best debutants because they both played last year ? Or maybe not.
I’m all for rewarding VFL form but you don’t revolve your whole team first philosophy around playing kids who continue to get nowhere near it.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun May 02, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:57 pm

When the team makes the same mistakes year in, year out and yet they keep getting picked, it’s safe to say it’s not the players fault as they’re doing what they’re instructed to.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:17 pm

warburton lad wrote:
I think missing Noble under positives is missing too. Noble in my view is a very fine footballer with elite kicking skills and works very hard to make space as well as providing plenty of dash by breaking lines. He often has DE over 80%.

Underrated player. Very well pointed out lad. I love his vigour.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:21 pm

shawthing wrote:
North making a great start against Melbourne in Hobart. 4 goals before quarter time. Stevo looking good. Bosovalagu with a game. We could be in a real spot of bother next week. Lose that the wooden spoon is on the cards.

North 19 points up at half time. They look so much better than we do. We struggle for 10 goals a game and they have 9 by half time against the undefeated Dee's.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

The trick to Noble is to give him a match up that suits him. You want him matched on another slight player who can’t bully him in the contest. Obviously the opposition is working hard on a mismatch, so that’s the game within the game.
For a player who was close to an afterthought in the mid season draft, his endeavour to get the best out of himself can’t be questioned.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

That was moi Lazza and not WL (thank you very much)

Something happened when you quoted me commenting on Rudeboy’s response to WL.

(You’ll be hearing from my lawyers) 😉

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:41 pm
Post subject: IS it time for a Crisis Meeting now for us ?Reply with quote

I remember, back in the day, when a Club was going thru a bad patch, in a hole, as we most certainly are now, a Club would call a crisis meeting, usually called by the President. Leaving Bucks out of the equation for now, the meeting would be attended by all the Coaches, current players, CEOs, trainers, medicos. It would be in house, no journos, no media, no fans, nothing but the Club people. Everyone would have their say, including the players. The players could even ask the head Coach questions, like "why did u take so long to move Smith onto Bloggs ?' and the Coach, along with his assistants would explain why, and why certain tactics were done during the game, or games. Everyone would have their say, and the previous bad loss, would be totally analyzed.

These type of meeting used to thrash things out, clear the air, get things off the chest, any gripes, and no grudges would be held, by the Coach or Captain, it was kind of wiping the slate clean, and getting fresh air, making a new start into a Season, that thus far had been disappointing. I just think it might not be a bad idea for us to do this, too have an inhouse discussion of where we are at, and how to improve our situation. This is not another bash Bucks thread, he more than likely will depart at seasons end, this is about how to re unite the Club, and get us back into a competitive, winning mindset. It used too work years ago, we are in a hole, why not give it a go, surely it could do no harm and may reinvigorate the whole team, and the Club.? Question Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?

You mean a poster who goes by the name of Sensei Grundy? How many times can that poster post the same rubbish week in week out. I think there were three in a row 😂

I think it is hard to expect people to be rational after a loss; we’re all angry and upset. But the name calling is ridiculous.

You’ve read my reaction three weeks in a row and get annoyed yet you will put up with Buckley and mediocre results and excuses for 10 straight years.

Mind boggling.

I comment because I care. ........

Mate, we all care and we’re all hurting. That by the was a very good post IMO.

However it wasn’t that, it is the name calling. A lot of people don’t want the current coach in place and are annoyed and disappointed in the club but try not to use the name calling: it becomes counterproductive.

The three I was referring to was three posts in a row on this thread 😉

Exactly WPT.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:

I comment because I care. I comment because this club should never accept mediocrity. We are not St Kilda, Fremantle or Gold Coast. We are Collingwood.

I’ve followed this club for over 50 years. Longer than Buckley’s life. I have been a member for 45 years. I have every right to be furious with the way this club and some of its supporters have made excuse after excuse about Buckley. He has failed. And he’s too proud to walk. If he loved the club and wanted its best interest, he should have shown that at the end of 2010. And now. I feel for the guy. I really do. He’s going through a marriage breakdown, and played out publicly too, and he can’t be focussed on the team if he’s human. We all wanted Buckley to succeed, me included.

I backed Buckley up until this year. But after the whole Troalor saga I lost the respect I had for him. The Troalor saga rocked the playing group. How f....g pathetic for a player his calibre plead to fans and say how much he loves the club and wants to stay with us and you ignore to make any comments publicly? For crying out loud, that’s not leadership, that’s head in the sand stuff. The players are human with real emotions. They would have been gutted for Troalor and second guessing what will happen to them. Grundy is a big man and has a big heart. I think he’s been massively hurt with the Troalor issue. You can see it in their body language. These guys spend so much time together. Disrespecting Troalor would have been a red flag for the playing group. Stephenson for whatever reason needed to be traded. The reaction that week from the club was deplorable. Utter deplorable. Look at the way the Brisbane coach interacts with his players. They’d jump off the cliff for him.

The leadership at Collingwood treat the fans with contempt. Utter contempt.

I don’t know who the new President is (how could we, Eddie’s head is too big for anyone else to shine) but if he continues his predecessor’s “I know it all and know what is right for you” mentality that 25,000 you saw at yesterday’s game will look like a massive crowd by year’s end.

Stop treating your fans with contempt, Collingwood! You are nothing without your fans. Fix up your shit. Fix up your mess. Address the racism issue with honesty and be humble. “This is a historic and proud day” comment was just disgraceful. No mate, it wasn’t a proud day. A proud day is when Indigenous players turn around to the media and say they feel part of the club and love playing for us and are treated with respect. That’s a proud day Eddie, you goose! I don’t think Eddie is a racist but he’s like the bloke who likes an Italian but thinks calling him a w*g isn’t offensive despite the Italian telling him it is. It’s awareness, Eddie, awareness!

Buckley has had every chance to succeed. At a club with massive resources and financial backing. After this year he will be the longest serving coach in the history of the AFL at one club that hasn’t won a Premiership. So, we have done right with Buckley. We have backed him. No other coach in the history of the game has had such a long tenure at a club without wining a flag. We shouldn’t feel bad now for criticising him and his style. I can assure you at your workplace such a performance would not keep you in a job.

If we want to be the biggest club in the land we need to make ruthless decisions. Manchester United, Juventus, Real Madrid don’t accept mediocrity. Because there are no excuses for a coach who has the best of everything available to them. The performances are therefore judged on results. Buckley’s results were extremely poor from 2013 to 2017. We hung in there and gave him a chance. I backed him. Lost a couple of friendships with mates who called his career at the Pies over. But what I’ve noticed since 2018, is as a coach he has regressed. He’s not innovative and he can’t keep up with the trends of the game. He’ll know 100 times more than me about the game but at the end of the day results are what count. And the results aren’t there. It’s time for Buckley to walk. For his legacy, for the sake of these bunch of players and for the members and supporters. It’s dragged on for too long.

I appreciate this post Sensei. It's calmer, more rational, far fewer hysterics, no derogatory name calling.
Even though it's repeating what you and others have already said countless times already Wink, it has been more thoughtfully expressed and covers most aspects of the present situation.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Nick's should have a crisis meeting imo.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:00 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Went to my first game since the 2018 Grand Final.

Positives-

Murphy- in only his 4th or 5th game showed the courage every Collingwood player needs to demonstrate if we are to climb back up the ladder.

McCreery- gut runs and never gives up

McRae- is a little gun-shy at present, but can find the ball.

Poulter- once he adapts to the tempo, will shine- has class written all over him.

Quaynor- a delight to watch his run and carry off half back.

Keane- took three or four solid marks in the second half- is very raw, but will develop- we must wear some days when he will be soundly beaten by more experienced player along the way.

Mihocek- a delight to watch- a real tradesman-like performance- could easily have kicked six goals-with decent supply against North next week he may kick a lazy seven goals...100% respect..

Cameron- not up to his Anzac Day heroics, but this is a very raw tall player early in his career. I would not be disappointed if he were given more time on ball and Grundy played more forward. Inexperienced players take time.

Negatives

Thomas- a 2 touch first half was really poor- essentially unsighted.

Mayne- made way too many howlers for a player of his experience.Is immensely popular among the playing group, but should play out the year in the seconds

Pendlebury- is the unfortunate person to be handed the ball even when he is not the best choice to receive it- Yesterday, he was like a Grand-Master at a Ruben Cube tournament- everyone handed him the ball when they had run out of ideas.

Sidebottom- is not an inside mid or a full time on-baller, but was expected to carry the load in the absence of Sier/Adams et al. Sidey needs to play forward to complement McCreery as the crumbing forward.

Moore- the great Tony Lockett would not have had any impact yesterday given the poor entries inside 50. He is a victim of an appallingly disorganised forward line which has no clear leading patterns amongst its' constituent members.

Coaching panel.

I wrote a few weeks back, we seem to play constipated footy. Please tell our players to play with the courage to make mistakes, but do so from an attacking rather than defensive mindset.

The times yesterday when our players would flip the ball around by hand in a tight space without actually moving it forward was incredibly hard to watch.

Please support our younger backs by putting All-Australian Moore back there to lead the mob.

Play Callum Brown in the guts in Adam's absence and let him hunt the ball.
Please play Tyler Brown every game to see what he can do in the centre.
Have Pendles and Sidey change as ruck-rovers to extend their shelf-life.

Left with five minutes to go- only buoyed by the performance of a few young players on the day and Sier, McInnes, and a few others the night before.

Floreat Pica
[/b]

That is the best post in the 16 pages of post match.

I have a new suggestion... I would like to see Warburton Lad as our coach for the remainder of the season.

Have always loved your insights on a football basis and you would definitely improve the team with those instructions.

In absolute full agreement!! Smile Many thanks WL.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:02 pm

^^ Both excellent suggestions! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22   

Jump to: